It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is our Government Racist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I would like to formally state that I think our government should no longer group us by race. Let's think about it for a minute. Why should our government classify us by race or the color of our skin? Who does it benefit?

What can one do if he wants to have his formal classification changed? I for instance am classified as Caucasian. However, this makes no sense. I have never been to the caucuses. Neither have my parents, grandparents, great-grandparents, etc. I think it makes more sense that I should be classified as either American or Native American. American of course makes sense, as I am a citizen of the United States. Native American could also be applied as I was born in America, my parents were born in America, my grandparents were born in America and my great-grandparents were born in America.

Classifying people by skin color or race accomplishes nothing but reinforcing differences among our citizens and perpetuating the existence of special interest groups. Our constitution says that all men are created equal. Why do we not live by that motto?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
For law enforcement too like when they got a suspect it would be faster to say its a African American moving south on wilmot then its an American.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Jsut say in persuit of a black man.

We have even more fun issues down here with the Creoles. 2 diffrent branches of the same family would be defined as either white or black, depending on what the mother wrote on the birth certificate. And sometimes the "white" family member is more black looking than the "black" and I mean by skin color. And you can only get funding by what you mama worte on the birth certificate.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Racial profiling for the sake of speed

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So by what your saying, if a policeman did'nt know the nationality of a male they'd call him an unidentified humaniod?

I know what your getting at, but believe me it makes life easier, and harder. But sometimes you just have to look at the positives that outweigh the negatives. Even if the races were changed, racism would still exist because people have eyes, and most can tell the difference between colors, so a racist would'nt change his views if a white guy or a black guy was called an american they'd still see the color. Maybe everybody should be colorblind, then we can be americans, polish, germans whatever.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by arius
Why should our government classify us by race or the color of our skin?

I thought all countries kept records on their ethnic minorites, whether racial or religious. I'm sure they all have different reasons though. When it comes to the US, we all know why we did it in the past, but now? I suspect its helpful to politicians (to know which campaign strategy will garner the most votes), ad agencies (to know who they're marketing to), and "race-watchers" (a word I just made up to refer to the people who wait for the census numbers to see which race is growing fastest, and actually care).

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well said...well said..

I have been thinking along those lines for some time now.

Government has been playing the races and sexes for some time now for votes.

I have identified this trend some years back with the womans movement..and economics. Then for some reason I realized the same fingerprint played out with races...for votes.

It has become obvious to me that at election time the female vote is what counts...especially...it must be cultivated by certain "victim dogmas" which come to the forefront of the media presentations. Always the emotional appeal. You see articles coming out like women make less moneys than men and others. This all designed to put people on the emotional bandwagon so that they will pull the correct levers in the voting booth.
Also racial victimization will be coming out before the elections so as to get these people to pull the right levers in the voting booths...
This applies especially in high populations/electorial vote states...or states with crucial mid term elections.

It appears the latest group to be seduced by this "victimization technique" is the Gay/Transgender groups. Especially in high vote states. THey have been identified as a voting block. Serious attempts are being made to cultivate this block of voters.

It also appears that the Mexican American/illegal alien voting block is having the groundwork laid to bring them into the fold. This will be a very large voting block and must be prepared by this manipulation for thier votes. For manipulation you can substitute the word..give away programs....vote buying by the "Victum dictum."

It is good to see that some people are catching on ..well done...well done.

Something happened at work last night which gave me hope. I was stunned and encouraged to see that someone else get it finally..it can be a lonely stage out here at times.
One of the guys at work likes to bring up this racial angle....they are heavily on the controlled treadmill. They brought up this DW Griffith movie "The Birth of a Nation" and the scenes of the KKK to make his point about racism. THe other man told him...that was way back in history. WHy do you have to continually use the time warp technique to make such a point. Stick everyone back in a time warp.
Dont you understand this is a technique to put people on the treadmill for their votes. It is a fear technique.

I was floored to hear someone else make such a statement.

THen they went on to say...the KKK needs the NAACP and the Southern Christian Leadership to put fear into thier voters. The NAACP and the Leadership Conference needs this fear technique and time warp method to get thier votes. They need and play on each other. It becomes a symbiotic relationship for votes.
I was floored ..I couldnt believe I was hearing it from someone else. It gave me hope. Both of these men are black. I was stunned and encouraged for the future.

Is the Government racist..absolutely. THey will sell the souls of anyone for votes/power. Remember...this is not about race or sex per se...this is merely the "tool" they use on us to maintain power..or control. It is fear mongering for power. Putting people on the puppet string.

Excellent point and direction you have made here Harlem Hottie.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There just sperate us (americans) by giving us names, or so I think.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The problem is not that racial profiling exists, but the fact that, for the majority, it still works.

It's not just race, but ethnicity, income level, ammount of children, age, where they live, and a few other factors. Poor blacks tend to be Democrats, by vote. Rich/middle class blacks tend to be republican, by vote, unless they are leaders in the black democratic movement. The latter is even more likely Republican in the rural midwest; and the former more true in cities. Latinos vote by bloc more than any group, but are not particularly loyal to any party. Theu are also the largest growing group. This is another reason why it's taken until this president for anyone to really start flipping out about Mexican illegals. Louisiana democrats tend to be democrats in name only. Their political issues tend to be more conservative in look.

We were taught this in a college Economics course, of all things. Ads are designed to reach that specific demographic, and it works...otherwise it would be a waste of time.

You don't want to be a statistic, you do something about it and don't be normal.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I am sometimes given to musing on what is "normal."

I have often surmised that when public education and television programming gets done with us...(often the same thing)...that we will have a very low standard for "normal."

What you seem to be describing is thinking outside of the blocks of what passes for "normal." This takes quite a bit of effort for people accustomed to emotional satisfaction..not thinking.

If this is what you are describing ..I agree. And it does take work and effort.

A good starting point is turning off the television ....with your remote controller.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i think that the problem is that race doesn't exist

very little of our genetic code is devoted to skin pigmantation. more genes go towards height

we cannot judge a group based on pigmants

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by orangetom1999
this is merely the "tool" they use on us to maintain power..or control. It is fear mongering for power. Putting people on the puppet string.

I have a working hypothesis (brewing for a while, but truly conceived in this thread): contemporary racism, as we see it depicted in the media (and consequently spoon-fed to the American public), is a tool of whatever version of the NWO I believe in that week. The 'tool' is used to divide the populace, thereby enabling the 'NWO Plan', whatever I think it is that week.

I bring this up in this thread because, for now, I believe the US gov't is a big part of this NWO. As I read more, I keep changing my mind. Since I can't seem to decide on a version of the NWO that I can stick with, I don't even know where to start.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I understand the need for police and law enforcement to clarify what suspect they are pursing by color: black, brown, hazel, yellow, white, blue whatever. But, the use of race African American, Caucasian American, Mexican American is not needed and in my opinion only continues to seperate our differences.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I'm going to get yelled at for this, most likely, but what the hell.

The United States government is racist, easily. Against whites. If you're anything other than white, it's easier to get into colleges, jobs, the military, financial aid is more readily available, and so on. All because of the color of your skin.

And because on the whole black rights movement, if a white speaks up he's shunned.

(I say white and black because you can be caucasian without being white and so forth, it's about color, not race exactly)

But that said, it's not so bad for either side.

top topics

join