It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad Challenges Bush for a T.V. Debate!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
They should debate after all that's what they've been negotiating to negotiate about to begin with: open talks. Well folks, this is as about open as you can get, is it not? Of course bumbling Bush might short circuit a few batteries and our lovable Manchurian candidate will most likely fall short of anything better than an Elementry debate over parks then playgrounds, but hey, what can you do.

Luxifero

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I'm anxious to hear him out.

This will be at the UN? And it will be played out by the major medias? I doubt the latter.. I hope nothing happens to prevent thisfrom happening.

Here is another news link about it:
www.irna.ir...

I have a feeling this could contain remarks or arguments heard 'round the world. Perhaps by both sides?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Sound's like you're really in awe of this guy! You just don't seem to get it, that this guy doesn't speak for the Iranian people. He speak's for Theocratic Dictator's (Mullah's). It would be like having the Pope and his Bishop's as the government of the United State's.

The only thing he's after is legitimacy on the world stage. To give it to him is to slap the freedom seeking people of Iran in the face. Bush may not be a slick orator, but he is the democratically elected representative of a free nation. A graduate of Yale and Harvard I might add.

If you're enamored with Iran and their leader's, why don't you move there and send us first hand report's on how good it is?

The short answer is lack of free speech - or, more accurately, the absence of freedom after speech. The state has a monopoly on public discourse, and intellectuals, whether they are religious, atheist or agnostic, are simply not heard. The mullahs in Qom, the holy city two hours drive southwest of Tehran, can dial the phone number of any revolutionary judge in Iran and order the persecution of anyone who dares to question the authorities and their divine agenda.

www.worldsecuritynetwork.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
Sound's like you're really in awe of this guy!

Some definition of awe say: n. "wonder tinged with fear". So .. I'll say yes. As a normal citizen I regard world leaders with a little awe... and a little fear. Amongst other emotions we can be sure. Nitpick all you want. You can also contribute. But since you're opposed to the possibility of a "debate" perhaps a forum based community is unfit.

You just don't seem to get it, that this guy doesn't speak for the Iranian people.

I don't know what I can reply to that. But I'm going to research it. I'm back.

2005 elections
"this guy" got 19% in the first round, and 62% in the second.
en.wikipedia.org...

But you're right as he's not the top guy. He seems to be under the Supreme Leader, Ali Khamenei.

It would be like having the Pope and his Bishop's as the government of the United State's.

Hmm.. very interesting that you would say that..

The only thing he's after is legitimacy on the world stage.

Another astounding affirmation! Hilarious imo. He seems to be perceived as legitimate by many other countries. Maybe 60/40 or 70/30 either way you look at it. But NOT 0/100

To give it to him is to slap the freedom seeking people of Iran in the face.

The "Freedom seeking people" of Iran. lol I'm sorry if I can't take you seriously using the word Freedom. It has been used so many times in the recent years as a pretext to butcher people I don't believe any arguments with it anymore.

For the record
I'm not more enamored towards one or another. But I wish we would hear what they talk about. They rule us, we elect them. Why don't we know what they talk about? Why can't we have talk about stuff? These two in particular are scaring the (#$*@ out of the world with threats of a nuclear war. I think we should hear them out. What's the beef boys? What are you intenting to do with my tax money here? Tell daddy..

My point is this general secrecy of the world is not helping. Secrets for national security.. is the biggest wool blanket ever. Feel free to argument.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join