It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are despicable - Take a quick look at this.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

The pigs' basic needs are denied, and they experience severe physical and psychological disorders.
------------------------------------
That's beyond funny.

This just shows the difference in intelligence between the posters.

How are the physical disorders (muscle atrophied for one) the animals suffer funny? I dont get the joke maybe you could enlighten me?

Pigs, incase you didnt know are FAR more intelligent than dogs for example. They have different emotions just as many other "lower" animals do. But forgive me, i didnt realise that it was beyond the realms of your arrogant, limited mind to think perhaps a living, conscious creature could suffer mental trauma, simply because it isnt an all mighty human.

A fact you all should take in. Humans are NOT better than the other animals on this planet. It is this self rightious ideology that allows for animal cruelty, allows for those who defend animal cruelty to say, "well there are hundreds of suffering humans, so forget about the other unimportant creatures."

But i shall leave you with the fact that the bickering is a mute point, well for the EU anyway. news.bbc.co.uk... By 2009 all battery hen cages will be banned and shutdown forever.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This is Ford Farmer just giving you all my apologies for usung harsh language, and insulting the Vegan community. It is you own choice to do what you want to do to your own bodies, and I am no noe to judge any one else's eating habbits. BUT

I still stand by my beliefs. we eat meat. we kill animals for food. just think cost wise at the amount of profit you would lose, if you bought a cage for each chicken. Not only that, they would have to be up to the whiners standards. So once you've got each chicken a 6x6 cell, in a warehouse, in the Bahamas, you have to think about the space needed to house all of the product. Just so we can chop off it's head, and put it into a kid's meal that some lillte turd dosn't finish. either way the chickens are damned to slaughter. why waste money on commodities they'll never appreciate because they've never used them.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That's why I hunt for our meat. No ethics in killing a caged animal. Kill and eat them as it was always meant to be.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit
That's why I hunt for our meat. No ethics in killing a caged animal. Kill and eat them as it was always meant to be.

60,000,000 citizens of the UK.. we can't all be running round with guns shooting wild animals. It's a nice way to live though, to catch or grow your own food, you most likely get a sense of satisfaction when eating your own veggies or meat that you've grown or caught.

Originally posted by Ford Farmer
I still stand by my beliefs. we eat meat. we kill animals for food. just think cost wise at the amount of profit you would lose, if you bought a cage for each chicken. Not only that, they would have to be up to the whiners standards. So once you've got each chicken a 6x6 cell, in a warehouse, in the Bahamas, you have to think about the space needed to house all of the product. Just so we can chop off it's head, and put it into a kid's meal that some lillte turd dosn't finish. either way the chickens are damned to slaughter. why waste money on commodities they'll never appreciate because they've never used them.

You've gone from one extreme to another. No one's saying give chickens 5 star treatment. The thing is with battery farmed chickens the way they are reared, actually decreases the quality of the meat. So not only is it a poor quality of life for the chickens, but at the end of the day we're not getting the decent meat we should be. We're getting water logged fatty chicken substitute.

I'm not a vegan, I eat meat. But there's no need to battery farm in the conditions they do at the moment. There could be many improvements, which don't include putting each chicken in a 6x6 cell. There are other small improvements that could easily be made, to improve the lives of the chickens, and therefore also the quality of the meat.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I dont know about you guys but I am off to a steak house to have a nice rare file mignon.

posted on Sep, 9 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lecter
I dont know about you guys but I am off to a steak house to have a nice rare filet mignon.

Lucky you

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don;t see anythign etchically wrong with killing animals. However, i do have a problem with the treatment of animals prior to our consuption.

No, eating meat isn't cruel, but is there any need to deprive an ainmal of a good, decent, *natural* life before slaughter?

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I saw that first picture and wanted to throw-up..ugh

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   
If you really want to be turned off of meat you should check out www.peta.org.... They have some videos on there that are just mean and gruesome from the slaughter houses!

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
who cares, big macs and zinger burgers are the tastiest foods known..

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Carrots have feelings too!

www.authorsden.com...

Dont mess with dinner time you personal behavior nazi...

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Being a vegan, vegetarian, meat-eater or protein diet nut is a personal choice. There are down sides to any diet ... a totally vegan diet is lacking in some nutrients but can be healthier than a meat-heavy diet. Surprisingly any one choice does not make a person better, smarter or more divine. It just makes them different.

I personally eat red meat 2-3 times a week, I eat chicken about 2 times and fish every other week or so. Sometimes I make a vegetarian meal, sometimes I'd prefer a pot roast. I used to buy organic produce until I learned the industry is not related ... so now I buy from a local stand or two (lucky enough to live in an agricultural area) and the rest from the store.

I think "meat eaters" bristle when the topic comes up because so many vegans/vegetarions have a look down their nose approach to the issue. I don't mind anyone trying to educate me on a topic ... but don't assume I'm ignorant on the topic because I've made my decision to eat meat.

Originally posted by reaganero
it's all about mass production really. that's where it gets messy. i don't eat meat and i don't think it's necessary for most of america. it's a smart alternative and generally meat eaters throw big baby fits when the topic even comes up. it's like their manhood is challenged or something. kind of like people who think it's american and macho to drive a hummer and could care less about the environment or or just plain effeciency. just because you can doesn't make you more patriotic. remember when oprah got on a veggie kick and suggested alternatives and the whole meat industry threw a fit! don't stop the money flow. don't stop the craze and don't mess with texas!

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Do snails feel pain......because I love escargot.

Mmm...mmm good.....

posted on Sep, 19 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I agree it's sad to look at, but perhaps a necessary evil with all the people needing to be fed in the world. Having said that, why not ship those "male chicks" to some third world country where they can be grown and eaten. How much food goes to waste in our Western world when whole countries starve?

On a side note, with this going on why so much hoopla over the seal hunt?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I agree it's sad to look at, but perhaps a necessary evil with all the people needing to be fed in the world. Having said that, why not ship those "male chicks" to some third world country where they can be grown and eaten. How much food goes to waste in our Western world when whole countries starve?

On a side note, with this going on why so much hoopla over the seal hunt?

would you be willing to pay millions in shipping each year to do that.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmallMindsBigIdeas

Being a vegan, vegetarian, meat-eater or protein diet nut is a personal choice. There are down sides to any diet ... a totally vegan diet is lacking in some nutrients but can be healthier than a meat-heavy diet. Surprisingly any one choice does not make a person better, smarter or more divine. It just makes them different.

Then why not eat meat!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Shadow88,

I am sorry your thread has been derailed.
I will try to find some links that prove we have not been animal protein addicts as we apparently are now.
WIS

NB. It may take me a while.

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It's a dumpster full of chicks that appear to be dead. It has been misrepresented unless some one can supply information that there are "non-dead yet dying" chicks in the dumpster. When you produce 10's of thousands of chicks, you're going to have 10's of 10's of ones that don't make it.

I have seen no proof of "torture", and I have still not seen anyone respond to the fact at least one of the pictures on that site is fake.

What's with that?

posted on Sep, 22 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
If people hang around animals they go down to that level if it involves killing them, they think it does not matter how they live if they are going to die anyway so the respect and inhumane ways become thier everyday living.

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have to agree with some on in this thread.

I just came across the following:

www.jaggle.nl...

There has to be a better way...it just seems wrong.

*warning....very graphic*

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join