It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are despicable - Take a quick look at this.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
yeah there #in chickens so what, yeah there freakin' cows, WHO CARES, i came to this website to see conspiracy thoeries, and debate weapons. NOT TO BE SHOWN PICTURES OF MY NEXT MEAL

VEGANS SHOULD HAVE BABIES BECAUSE THEY TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Mod Edit: T&C's, please see section 2 - Jak]

[edit on 4/9/06 by JAK]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I can't even read any of the posts... I agree that slaughter trade is inhumane, but I want someone to come up with a better solution... there's alot of people to feed, and a small amount of people that are willing to provide that. It wouldn't seem so inhumane if everyone had a little self-sufficient chunk of land, because it wouldn't seem such a senseless slaughter, but there's too many humans to be able to have that little utopia..

I can provide one small action that can add up... don't waste meats. Preserve what you don't or can't use at the time, and use it in a timely fashion. Or, basically, don't buy more than you need. If everyone did this, the demand would drop pretty drastically, and the "slaughter" would drop as a direct result.

Humans need meat... not just veggie-based protiens, but REAL meat. Would it seem MORE humane to eat our own dead? We probably have enough dead every day to make up at least 5% of the meat demand...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Right on Ford. All i know is that when these vegan idiots eventually rest control of our diet, as self righteous morons seem to continually do in western society (gain control that is), i will be the first to sharpen my canines in anticipation of my first act of terrorist cannibalism

I can see the headlines now:
" RAVENOUS CANADIAN CROSSES SWISS CHEESE BORDER TO ATTACK OUR BELOVED PRESIDENT. BY THE TIME THE SS...err...aah... SECRET SERVICE COULD REACT, THIS MEAT INSURGENT COMPLETELY DEVOURED ALL 35 LBS OF THE PRESIDENT IN AN ACT THAT HAS BEEN DESCRIBED AS AN ATROCITY EQUAL TO THE FOUNDING OF THE KFC. MORE AS THE STORY PROGRESSES........." lmfao

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
i'd like to say i thought ford's post was a tad offensive. espeically the part about being called a vegan prick.

i don't think the conditions the animals are in are suitable.. and i'm not a vegan.

the conditions of battery farmed animals could be better. the reason they're not is because the farmers want to make as much money as possible, and spend as little money on the conditions for their animals as they can. now it's impossible to feed everyone in the world with free range organic food, there would just not be enough. however, this doesn't mean we have to squash animals in the worst possible conditions. matter of fact, the conditions of battery farming could be a lot better. it doesn't take a whole lot of money, it just takes consideration. however, there's very few people who you'll ever meet who are truely considerate of others, let alone animals.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
I can't say that I agree with how the animals are being confined.
I knew that the calf was confined to make veal and thats why I don't eat veal, but I didn't know that meat was going into my TV dinner!
I can't agree with not allowing a pig to move just so it gets fat. This is just evil.

I am going to agree with the vegans on this one and say that every creature needs enough room to walk, and that doesn't include walking an inch in the warehouse.

I didn't know that the egg laying chickens were so confined either. I'm consider now to stop eating eggs. It doesn't even seem right in the first place. Consider this too, we have a ban on stem cell research but we still eat eggs every morning.

All though, I am giving up eggs (as of today) I will not give up my farm raised beef no matter how ugly the slaughter house is or how many steroids they are injected with.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It appears to me that the 'Organic Foods' trend is gaining momentum and it's about time. There is, IMO, too much confusion in what is truly 'organically grown' and what is not. Because such products on the average cost more to produce, some companies might be tempted to raise their stock in factory farms or use pesticides to gain an advantage and higher profits.

Canada to Certify Organic Foods

“Organic agricultural production is a management system designed to produce crops and livestock in an ecologically stable way,” the agency said in a release.

Soil fertility is maintained, animals are raised in a manner appropriate to their behavioural requirements and synthetic fertilizers and pesticides are not used.”

Only producers meeting all of these standards would qualify for the Canada Organic certification, which would allow use of a logo showing a red maple leaf rising behind green hills.

There are about 4,000 organic farms in Canada certified by various bodies, producing about $1 billion worth of produce or livestock. The sector is booming, with growth estimated at between 15 per cent and 20 per cent annually for the last 10 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
edit - bolding mine

[edit on 2-9-2006 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Techsnow
I knew that the calf was confined to make veal and thats why I don't eat veal.

I can't agree with not allowing a pig to move just so it gets fat. This is just evil.

I didn't know that the egg laying chickens were so confined either. I'm consider now to stop eating eggs.

I think it's important to note that not all veal comes by those means, and the same goes for the eggs and the pigs. For example just down the road there are free range pigs. I can drive 5 minutes to pick up a dozen free range eggs for 2 pounds. And when it comes to veal, you can buy veal where the calfs have been treated humanely. I'm assuming you eat lamb.. that's really no different to veal.

just because some eggs come from battery chickens, doesn't mean you should give up eggs, just the same as you don't need to give up veal. just buy decent free range eggs and decent veal where animals weren't kept in bad conditions. there's nothing wrong with eating veal, eggs, or lamb.. these are all natural things. however, if you eat these then support what's right, and support the better quality products, and not the battery farmed products.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Personally speaking, I just love meat! It is very reassuring that there are some people left here who have not taken total leave of their senses by condeming the consumption of meat for everyone else!

Bear in mind the most efficient way of solving all of our problems in one stroke would be the mass consumption of human flesh! Longterm sustainability, reduced pollution, mass control, invigoration of natural resources, all the frruits of an advanced utopian society. Be thankful to the animals this is not that reality, and we are not the fodder.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
most of the videos and images and "facts" on the animal rights websites were true 20years ago but new laws and regulations have come in. For example one of the PETA videos shows pigs throtes been slit when still alive but that practise has been ilegal for 15 years.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
it's all about mass production really. that's where it gets messy. i don't eat meat and i don't think it's necessary for most of america. it's a smart alternative and generally meat eaters throw big baby fits when the topic even comes up. it's like their manhood is challenged or something. kind of like people who think it's american and macho to drive a hummer and could care less about the environment or or just plain effeciency. just because you can doesn't make you more patriotic. remember when oprah got on a veggie kick and suggested alternatives and the whole meat industry threw a fit! don't stop the money flow. don't stop the craze and don't mess with texas!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero
generally meat eaters throw big baby fits when the topic even comes up.

Really. It's the meat-eaters who throw big baby fits.

Google Search: PETA Demonstrations

[edit on 2006/9/5 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
wow that was a difficult search for you wasn't it? you've probably done the following searches too:

LIBERALS; HOMOSEXUALS; FEMINISM; HINDUISM; KORAN.... "oh, great google answer for me please"
i tease.

my point was how threatened most meat eaters get and they like the government start bullying people around and use language that would make any frat boy american family proud. their moto should be "got balls" because it's sooo obvious that without meat you can't possibly be all you can be. again it's just this mentality. not that it's right but it's in the system and just one more part of the machine that the industry will make you eat. it's just one large animal sacrifice to some "god" & it's probably not yours or mine?

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
uh oh.....must remember to check threads more frequently. I go for a few days and its all out war between vegans and McMeat eaters

Sigh....gotta go read pages 2-7 now....

And now my opinion Im not here by any means to preach to the choir. Life must die in order for other life to continue, that is simply the way the world works. Certain sacrifices must be made to survive, we all realise this. However my only problem is when we so-called "beings of higher intelligence" make creatures, unable to control theirown fate are made to suffer for our greed, our glutony. Life must die, but that does not mean we can throw our power over that life around so easily.

And i know in this case im only talking about baby chicks. But it's the principles of humanity which underly the issues discussed here.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by Shadow88]

[edit on 5-9-2006 by Shadow88]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
STOP!!!!!!!!!
GO VEGANS!, SINCE THEY WONT EAT THE MEAT,THAT LEAVES MORE MEAT FOR THE SANE!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
That first picture looks like a waste of some 'chicken nuggets'.

I love milk feed veal!!

For my job I visit production plants like those shown in the picture.....except those pictures are a little out of date, 15-20 years. The processing is much more humane now.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by ferretman2]

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Question:

Dew NE off da memmberz rhun spell-czhec okazionaly?

Hint:

When you try a valid post and/or rebuttal, to make it APPEAR valid, CONSIDER running a spell-check program...heh?

I AM, from HERE ON OUT known as "SNOOCHIES the SPELLCHECK Nazi", AND YOU shall address me as such.

YOU have BEEN forewarned. I will hunt YOU down and RIP apart your comments on spelling AND grammar ALONE! They will hold ZERO validity until I deem them error free!

The ONLY LEEWAY that will be forgiven is if your PRIMARY language is NOT proper English.

L.D.F.O. = Look Da F@ck Out! STSN (Snooch The spelling Nazi) HAS arrived!

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's an excellent little, unobtrusive spell checker, in case you need one: IESpell 2.1.1 build 325.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It appears to me that the 'Organic Foods' trend is gaining momentum and it's about time. There is, IMO, too much confusion in what is truly 'organically grown' and what is not. Because such products on the average cost more to produce, some companies might be tempted to raise their stock in factory farms or use pesticides to gain an advantage and higher profits.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by masqua]

Gabe? Is THAT YOU? If so, I'm boycotting your store. J/K

Greetings from YOUR neighborhood! But MUCH closer (on) to the beach.

Snewch

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
That first picture looks like a waste of some 'chicken nuggets'.

[edit on 5-9-2006 by ferretman2]

Mmmmmmm, chicken nuggets.
I just joined a PETA offbranch:

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals

Hey, I'm higher up on the food chain, what can I tell you...........
Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
LOL! vegetable cruelty? please tell me im right in assuming thats a joke.

And im not trying to scare anyone into doing anything
I just wanted to show you guys something i thought was horrible.....

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Shadow88]

Help stop carrot genocide

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join