It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are despicable - Take a quick look at this.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Battllefresh, i seriously doubt you would do anything with your ten minutes alone with any farmer other than beg him to stop kicking your dumb city boy ass from one end of his farm to the other
.I grew up on a farm and busted my hump for twenty years before i moved to a city. My father was meaner to me than he was to his animals(most of them had names-all 250 head). It was always a less than happy occaison at shipping time, and when it came time to butcher one for our own winter meat, it was almost done like a solemn ritual. We were all very aware of the severity of the action that allowed us to survive another viscious Manitoba winter, and the job was done as humanely as possible.
AS FAR AS THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO STILL USE ANIMALS FOR FUR.............
WE are all to blame for that. Our celebrities where their "bling" and every little urban gangsturd wannabe has to be just like it.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   

[I]Originally posted by Valhall[/I]
Okay, I have to say - buck up. I grew up on a farm. We weren't a "production farm", we just had our own chickens for our own purpose and we had a few calves/cows.

Thank God you're not an animal...but then again, thank God you're not a kid being abused by your parents. There are children all around us being starved, beaten, sexually abused....

do you care this much about them? Do you try to watch for them? Do you do something when you identify them? Do you care this much?

chickens-shmickens...piggly-wiggly

there are newborn babies being raped by their fathers before they can be checked out of the hospital.

I just want to say - fight the battles that really matter. When we win them, we'll save all the pigs and the chickens...and even Charlotte.

problem being : changeing the human race is utopic , humans are capable of the best and the worse but seldom anything balanced.

so (if you have the possibility) choose carefully what you buy and who you buy it from, the little meat I buy (doesn't happen more than once a month ) I buy it from my local butchers , who himself buys only from local farms (30-40 km radius) which are not industrial breeding factories like you can see on these links. Yes , it is more expensive, and more and more people will turn to cheaper junk food (hence creating a larger demand for "cheap meat") .

I'm not a vegan nor am I a vegetarian , but I keep my meat consumption to a minimum ( as far as I can remember it's something like 200 gr / day for a grown working man with an average daily physical activity, this of course being just one element of a balanced diet , please don't start ranting over these figures , look it up if it's not convincing enough)

The fact that humans are being mistreated worldwide (and it is not about to stop) should not keep us from keeping our eyes open on other "atrocities" committed by this same human race.

We had 7 farms in the town I grew up , spent a lot of time there, never seen anything like that .My grand parents had chicken , hens , ducks , rabbits and geese never seen anything that revolting there.

People (in western countries at least) have lost the contact with these more "earthbound" ways of living. Ask any farmer if he doesn't feel something when he sells off his animals for slaughter (talking about "real" farmers , not e.g. industrial chicken breeders) at least that's the experience I had .

How many kids have never seen farm animals other than on TV or in books , Parents , have you ever taken the time to explain to your kids what they were eating and how it was "processed" when it comes to meat . No, meat doesn't grow on trees . Yes it is ok to eat meat but ....

Any of you ever visited a slaughter house ? My first time I was about 8-9 , was quite impressive , still is , do yourself a favour and visit one .

Would you be able to kill a prey for food , most of us couldn't. Get people to do it a few times, they I'll have a totally different view about their diet after.

How's your veal casserole ? Good isn't it cute little veal cut in small chunks

save the planet , eat your neighbour

interesting article

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Hvitserk]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hvitserk
Would you be able to kill a prey for food , most of us couldn't. Get people to do it a few times, they I'll have a totally different view about their diet after.

Used to hunt deer every winter for food before I moved to the city... Didn't change my diet (Killed quite a few). I, however, didn't eat it because I don't like the taste of deer meat, unless it's cooked a certain way.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I am mostly vegetarian for the most part and I eat very little meat (no pork, and hardly any beef) mostly chicken and fish. Chicken, I eat at a push, and fish I like but wouldn't eat alive. That is disgusting.

The fact that these animals are still aware of what is happening to them brings chills up my spine.

In a village I use to live in; I use to hear the pigs on their way to slaughter. It was heart-wrenching. They knew where they were going. They sounded like babies crying and each time the lorry came past with these pigs crying on their way to the slaughterhouse, I would break into tears.

I don't eat pork anyway, but the sounds of the pigs crying in fear has never left me.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero

Originally posted by lombozo

Originally posted by Jeremy032180
The pigs' basic needs are denied, and they experience severe physical and psychological disorders.

That's beyond funny. Anyways, these animals are bred for this, literally. It's not like they are just taking random animals out of the woods and torturing them, these animals were born in a special room of a special place to be my special dinner.

Hey look, if God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

I'm headed to KFC, to grab a bucket.

God didn't intend for us to eat animals. in fact in his original design he asked us to care for them and the earth, but then that whole fall of man thing kind of changed a lot of his good intensions.

Yes, he did ask us to care for them. If we didn't, all that delicous meat would be yucky. I'm paraphrasing here but isn't this a bible quote:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Sounds to me like God would be the first to order an appetizer of wings, then a nice big juicy Porterhouse. My guess is medium well.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
god did intend people to eat meat, infact he said all animals with hooves and chew their chud. except pigs ,lobster, and a few others all else is fair game.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My family went vegan a few months ago
. (For health reasons, we don't give a crap about the animals.) After seeing those pictures I could go for a nice slab of pemeal bacon right about now.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by doggmann
god did intend people to eat meat, infact he said all animals with hooves and chew their chud. except pigs ,lobster, and a few others all else is fair game.

Do you happen to remember the Book, chapter, and verse on that?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
its in deuteronomy ,the verse im not sure

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   

animal are food ,we are designed to digest them are we not? yes one can suppliment ones diet with beans and lugumes but at such a high rate that one would almost be eating constantly, thus vegetarians have an extremely high rate of enemia. it natural for people to eat meat, if the ancient cave people never decided to hunt and eat animals, we never would have become a hunter gatherer society. we would be like the rest of the prey herds waiting for a predator to eat the weakest one of us as we go screaming up trees going oo-oo-ah-ah

Actually before the discovery of fire we would have gotten very ill if not died from infectious pathogens found in raw pork, poultry, and red meat such as salmonella and listeria monocyto because our digestive system is not designed to deal with them. It was not until the discovery of fire, and harnessing it's potential, were we able to cook meat and remove the pathogens. Before that we would have gotten our protein from fish (most can be eaten raw safely as long as it is fresh), plant matter, and insects.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
ah but only through hunting did we evolve into a intelligent being as most hunting animals, scavangers never develop intelligence, i cant see a scavanger animal discovering fire

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

scavangers never develop intelligence

You've never met my ex-wife

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Yes, we developed a means to change raw meat into a consumable product. However, it is not natural for us to eat meat in it's raw form which we would of had to do prior to the discovery of fire.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
ever try having a diet of raw vegetables and grain? good luck!

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Indeed, we cannot consume some raw vegetables and grains in their natural form either. Some are even down right poisonous. I fail to see the validity of this argument though.

Homo Habilis, the first true human, was believed to have a diet consisting mostly of nuts, fruits, roots, vegetables, and insects. Although there is evidence to show that Homo Habilis did hunt/scavenge it would have mostly been for bone marrow and possibly fatty organs such as the liver. It is also wildly believed that Homo Habilis did build campfires but they were unable to make fire themselves. Thus they had to wait for a source of fire (lightning) and then transport it by using lit branches. They could have possibly then used this fire to cook meat from what they hunted/scavenged, but if the fire ever when out they would have to wait till they found a new source.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by deadboi]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by reaganero

Originally posted by Jeremy032180
The pigs' basic needs are denied, and they experience severe physical and psychological disorders.

That's beyond funny. Anyways, these animals are bred for this, literally. It's not like they are just taking random animals out of the woods and torturing them, these animals were born in a special room of a special place to be my special dinner.

Hey look, if God didn't want us to eat animals, he wouldn't have made them out of meat.

I'm headed to KFC, to grab a bucket.

God didn't intend for us to eat animals. in fact in his original design he asked us to care for them and the earth, but then that whole fall of man thing kind of changed a lot of his good intensions.

Yes, he did ask us to care for them. If we didn't, all that delicous meat would be yucky. I'm paraphrasing here but isn't this a bible quote:
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat."

Sounds to me like God would be the first to order an appetizer of wings, then a nice big juicy Porterhouse. My guess is medium well.

hmm...seems like an awful lot of emphasis on the trees...did you add the word meat yourself?
Genesis 1:28-29 (English-NIV)

God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."
Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.

Genesis 2:8-9 (English-NIV)

Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed.
And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground, trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Look, EVERY form of life survives off the the death of another living thing, whether the smallest microbe, or us, even trees, etc.

We are DESIGNED by nature, God, or whomever, to require both animal and plant food sources, i.e. Omnivores.

Unless you're willing to pay $12 a pound for chicken, etc. you'll have to deal with animals being raised as food and treated as such. If you don't like it, then fine, go vegan, but don't attempt to force your views on me. I'm eating exactly what I was DESIGNED to eat.

As for the free-range stuff, sure, great, if you can afford it. Hell, I'd love to eat nothing but salad for lunch most days, but there's the price issue. If I go to BK, I spend about $7 for a salad and a drink. I can get a burger, fries, and a drink for $4. Hmm...which one to go for?

Point is, we must kill to survive. Our population level mandates efficiency over kindness, as does our supply/demand of food.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Yeah I'm a bit surprised that we don't eat as much insects. I mean they're actually perfect sources of protein and in a lot of other cultures eating insects is the norm. Having several animals of my own I used to feed some of them meal worms and those things don't look too bad. But seriously, insects seem to be completley ignored when it comes to food and yet they are everywhere for us to find.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Actually between 50 - 80% of the worlds population eat insects as part of their regular diet.

For Most People, Eating Bugs Is Only Natural

BTW: Fried crickets taste like sunflower seeds. Good Eatin'

EDIT: Sentence me make good.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by deadboi]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Don't know about insects, I'd rather have a nice bit of lizard.

IGUANA STEW

INGREDIENTS

1 iguana
2 onions
1 tsp salt
1/2 lb carrots
1 tsp culantro
1 small ball recardo
vinegar, lime
1 sweet pepper
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 lb cabbage
2 cloves garlic
1/4 lb tomato
coconut oil

METHOD:

1. Skin and clean the iguana. Wash thoroughly in vinegar and lime.
2. Rub in seasonings - salt, black pepper, recardo, onions, garlic, culantro and sweet pepper. Leave to stand for about 20 mins.
3. Place enough coconut oil in pot to cover the bottom and heat it up. When hot, put in meat. Keep turning and adding a little water for about 30 mins.
4. Add cut up carrots, cabbage and tomato. Cook for another 30 mins.

[edit on 1/9/06 by Implosion]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join