It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are despicable - Take a quick look at this.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
it's a damn shame i guess. the dying chicks thing is sad to see. i had chicks when i was younger, they're probably at a KFC somewhere. poor guys.

well first off, the whole mindless animal thing is wrong in my view. if you're implying that we can eat these animals cause they lack enough intelligence to be a sophisicated species, then it's like this. some humans are born with defects that deny them that intelligence, or just say they're mentally challenged. according to some of your assumptions, we're allowed to eat these humans (yum) because they lack a mind at all, or a sophisicated one at least. doesn't really sound right does it? iunno, figure that out though.

plus we can stop ourselves from eating meat. its possible, just a matter of will and cash. plenty of foods out there that can supply our need of nutrients. but i guess its meats fault for being so delicious. and my fault for only being able to afford fast food.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Nobody wants to address those two points?

It is obvious that they were doctored and really nothing too address other then the fact they are using them to promote their agenda/vegan life style. The only way they think they can get it is to make it look worse then it really is.

I come from a family that made a living from the poultry industry and it is not as they make it out to be (at least not on a normal farm). Even All factory farms are not what they want you to believe I can attest to that as a fact.

Pass me the organic grown (Yum Yum) and I will do just fine thank you.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Shadow88, Thank you for an informative thread a topic needed to be addressed.

Valhal, I understand your rage, we are apparently more concerned for the lives of animals then innocent children.
The animals are too innocent, I wish too fight ALL the battles that are necessary, to create a better earth.
And I won't stop till the day we have justice.

WIS

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
www.factoryfarming.com...

That's called a farrowing house I believe. Check in the background. Yes, it is snow. If you let the hogs run around out in the snow having little piglets, the little piglets will freeze and die. Which is why they keep them inside under heatlamps. Not to mention the boars will flat out eat the piglets, as well as sows with piglets are just plain vicious and the fighting gets pretty bad. Not to mention if it gets cold enough the hogs etc will flat out freeze, losing their feet and ears, snout and all that good stuff.

Didn't see the alteration of the chicken house picture, but if it was altered it is still fairly close to accurate. To be honest, I don't understand why there would be outrage about it. The chickens are not mistreated, just confined. The people working in there taking care of the chickens get by ok. Heck I get by in my little cubicle at work 12 hours a day.

Do you want to let the chickens run wild? They won't last a couple months at the most, before a predator gets ahold of them. Could be why you don't normally find them in the wild....

TheMesh

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What is hell? That place, of course. Imagine living through something like that your entire life, dying, and then being reborn into it once again. All this, over and over, as long as the world needed your beef. No hope of ever escaping it, but simply existing in that state because somebody else willed it.

The Aborigines held their spiritual beliefs after learning about biological conception as an accidental collision of sperm and egg. They contended that sexual intercourse, though it may prepare the way for the child's entry into the womb, by itself is not the sole cause of conception--since a spirit is necessary. This is also taught in the Hindu religion.

Something to reflect on, since all of this End of the Age stuff is going on. People don't realize why it must end.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Mmmm chicken.

I'm all for hunting by the way. Good thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
meat is way to cheap and fills us up way to good while tasting very good for me to put my self on a vegan diet.

my vegan diet would have to consist of veggie burgers, veggie chicken, amongst other non-meat products that make me a vegan. but not only are veggie products that taste like meat(which is good) very, VERY expensive by comparison but also I would have to eat more because I work out a lot and for some reason only a double-cheeseburger seems to fill me up right. I have honestly tries eating only non-meat before(lol), but I swear... I ate a TON that day. I never felt truly satisified after each meal(about 7-8 that day!!!) and I kept feeling all light and unenergetic. I have tried this process several times and achieved that same result. I guess if you believe in science we are well too conditioned to eating me by now for us to quit and second, if you believe in God... all of the little animals are in heaven and God is laughing at you for not eating the tastiest delicacy of a little one who left his/her body behind whilest she/him went to heaven. I believe in neither, I'm just hungry damnit.

(p.s.- I will not post my "life" beliefs here ever, so don't ask. I'm too busy realizing I don't have to explain cuz not only will you not understand but rather if you do, it doesn't change a thing...)

(p.p.s.- my little kitty say EF you, she like birds. My little bird say EF you he like worms. My little worm say EF you, he like you... wait, that's my pet tapeworm- NM. let's all be like earthworms and eat soil. Well at least the tapeworm doesn't have to feel guilty. He can eat you your whole lifetime and in the end you die because God made it that way(murderer... sick...) or science just decided that your body can create life but just not keep up with maintaining it for over 60-80 years. So at least this rapeworm, i mean, tapeworm can go to heaven cuz he did no wrong and also didn't have to feel guilty in the real world. Too bad they don't know that, those lucky bastards.)

[edit on 30-8-2006 by chibidai_rrr]

[edit on 30-8-2006 by chibidai_rrr]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
the only animals here are us!!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Anyone here making the argument that vegetarians apparently care more about animals than our own children is being completely ignorant. As Delta Alter said, each issue has its importance and neither should be ignored. Personally, I don’t think that anyone is ignoring either; both have a multitude of videos available to the public. The only difference is that animals cannot speak for themselves – which is one reason why this thread was created. Although I would agree that this thread's title could lead to people pointing out other important issues, it has already been stated that it is understood that there are other things that make humans despicable other than cruelty to animals.

I am not a vegetarian. I have eaten meat every day of my life that I remember; but that does not mean that I do not care about them! I have no defense for my actions other than that I am not prepared to switch. Defending cruelty to animals by listing other issues is just avoiding the problem. Shame!

Did no one watch the video that I linked? It had a lot more than live animals having their throats slit and wiggling around (my link at 11:31) – Illusory. Did you miss the bull castration and de-horning (3:39)? How about the pigs who didn’t grow fast enough being killed via slamming (9:10)? What about the bolt-gunning?

I own several pets (2 cats, 2 dogs, a leopard gecko, and a bird) and several varieties of plants (2 zz-plants, some vines, assorted flowers, trees, and some garden plants) and I can assure you that while my cat would scratch your eyes out and scream in pain if you slit his throat, if you cut down my tree, it would simply grow back (crgintx). Please, give me a break, Mouth, insects? Do you eat insects? (please don’t answer) I’m sure we would all agree that insects are not nearly as important as animals, or our children (although they are needed). I do my part to save insects, but when they get in the way, sometimes I just wouldn’t save them the luxuries that I would my animals or my neighbors in similar situations.

It’s unfortunate that vegetarians “are using [doctored photos] to promote their agenda” (shots), but can it not be said that we could do better, even if their claims are lesser? Do we really need to treat animals so cruelly? Can not their deaths be quick and relatively painless?

If the only solution that the food industry has to our society’s greed for meat is to treat our earthly comrades like a commodity, then I want nothing to do with it. We can do better, and we should not be satisfied for a mediocre effort!

I'm sorry for caring...

[edit on 30/8/06 by Thaumaturgus]

MBF

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I'm with you, Shadow88...factory farming is a disgusting practice. Always after the bottom line, these farms have no concern for the animals whatsoever.

I am a farmer. Don't think for a minute that the farmers are raking in the money hand over fist by farming this way, it is the only way that the farmers can survive. I have been to the store and seen a piece of pork that is the size of my hand that was selling for the same price that I was SELLING THE ENTIRE HOG for.

I have pulled hogs by the ears and by their tail, they are a lot stronger than you think. You get them started in the direction they need to go and most of the time they will go.

I have used a cattle prod to load hogs and cows. Anyone that has ever used one can tell you that the overuse of it can cause you a lot of problems. These animals are large enough that they can fight back and will. Some of these animals are just plain mean for no reason at all and need to be delt with accordingly. I know this for a fact because I was almost killed by a 2000 lb. bull six years ago for only walking through the pen that he was in.

As for the chicks, they may have had a disease and had to be destroyed. I don't know why the male chicks would be undesirable, anybody that knows anything about chicken production knows that they would be carried to the broiler house to be raised there.

I think that some people take a picture that may not look the best in the world and make a lot of assumptions that are not true and it gives the industry a bad name.

A few years ago there was a chemical scare on apples. I think the name of the fungicide was Alar. This was used to prevent molds from growing on the apples. Meryl Streep was on just about every tv show that she could get on talking about how horrible that it was to put Alar on apples because it causes cancer. Well they did determine that it would cause cancer, but you would have to drink 5,000gals of apple juice per day to get the cancer. I haven't seen many people that could drink 5,000gals of anything in a day. The scientist that determined that the Alar could cause cancer was also trying to tell them that NOT using the Alar was more dangerous because the molds that would grow naturally were much more carcinogenic than the Alar, but that story make the back pages of the newspapers. MANY apple farmers were put out of buisness because of this scare only because of people that run their mouths without having all the facts.

I have seen organic food grown and I have no desire to change my eating habits. No farmer is knowingly going to put anything on a crop that is going to hurt anybody because WE feed OUR families this food before any of YOU get it.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thaumaturgus
Anyone... ...caring...

[edit on 30/8/06 by Thaumaturgus]

sorry man, but this is the way the world is. the world is sick and many have told you throughout your lifetime. we are sick. you are sick. whether you believe it or not is up to you, just believe it and stop being in denial. i hate being sick so much that i choose ignorance(ingnorance is not denial nor an illusion, it is bliss. Bliss because only you can make things NOW the way you'd want them to be if you were God. And seeing how I was born in 1982, did God put McDonald's across the street or people? Who am I to blame? Why did God make it so good? I don't care if it's from an animal or not, a whopper or a double-cheeseburger is a hella good). we were born here with no choice but to live and die and be pathetic and self destructive. filled with so much love many of us are, yet we kill ourselves daily when we drive our cars.

I feel sorry for the animals pain(which I assume they didn't even feel, because Life/God would never let that happen would it/him?).

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I happen to agree with Valhall on this one. There is enough starving people around the world for vegans to want more people to starve. What i would agree with is that what is shown in the first picture, provided by the member who made this thread, that those chicks, even if they are male, could be grown and they could feed some more people in the United States.

But as I have said in other threads, including threads about idiotic scientists claiming that mankind should go extinct to save some lizards, that I would rather save 1 child, than 1 million lizards.

Of course, this doesn't mean that I abuse animals, but in a case where i have to choose between saving the life of a child or a rabbit/chicken, etc, I will save the child.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I just ate some chicken nuggets tonight. That seems just like a big waste of chicken throwing all those little chicks in the dump. I'm wondering if they could be humanely made into chicken nuggets as well. Maybe put the chicks on a conveyor belt and automatically they get strapped down and then a guillotine chops off their heads. Then they get sliced and diced and cooked painfree (since they're already dead) and then we can get a lot more chicken nuggets. I was taught that food shouldn't be wasted and these pics look wasteful to me.

Seriously though, I think the problem mainly lies with the big farming industry. Just like any big industry, you can find them trying to cut corners and save a buck regardless of the impact on the workers or chicks in this case.

I looked a bit at the PETA website. I'll agree that more regulation may be needed to monitor the food supply. Injecting hormones into beef that may harm the consumer and not testing hardly any of the beef for mad cow disease is like living in the stone age in my opinion.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by orionthehunter]

apc

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I would eat my own cat if I were in a survival situation.

Everything is food. Poor baby chicks to our own children. We are all food for something else. Us humans just happen to be able to defend ourselves (usually) against other creatures that consider us food.

I may not be thrilled about the first image of a bunch of baby chicks being discarded, but there are many things to consider:

These are activist images. Are the captions authentic?

How expensive would it be to make nuggets out of them?

I love animals. They're furry, fuzzy, and taste great. The only meat I have experience with and won't eat is market ground beef. Other than that, bring on the BBQ sauce.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If you think this is awful what about bug cruetly
someday... someday it'll come to that?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
If you think this is awful what about bug cruetly
someday... someday it'll come to that?

sadly I think you are right....

I canot believe this insanity...."they are living beings dont hurt them!" they are FOOD and they are part of a chain that makes life possible.

and some of these vegans are plain ignorant of agricultural processes.

They would die if they got a glimpse of a slaughter house....

I wont waste any more breath on these radicals....

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Bless you Shadow for posting this, certainly is an eye opener to many. But that's what happens in mass production...quality is sacrificed. Which is why I still prefer getting eggs from my own chickens rather than buying them else where, although there are some better alternatives even for beef/chicken products. Though I rarely eat such things. And when I do I am careful where and who I purchase it from. It's so much better being self-sufficient. And a hell lot cheaper too.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

But as I have said in other threads, including threads about idiotic scientists claiming that mankind should go extinct to save some lizards, that I would rather save 1 child, than 1 million lizards.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Muaddib]

I would rather save 1 lizard than a million humans, especially if they are your descendents

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Anyone who doesn't feel angered or sickened by the treatment of these animals is a sick individual. I feel so upset by the ignorant cruelty to animals done by people who lie to themselves and act like the animals aren't feeling immense pain. Why is it we love cats, but can torture minx? Love dogs, torture baby lambs? It's the same thing that makes RAPISTS and MURDERERS not feel any guilt or emotion when performing the crime. Those type of people should not be tolorated and the constant re-assurance or back-patting/circle-jerking by other sensless jerks so that they can sleep at night is sickening. Don't believe their excuses for one minute. They say these negative things about those who actually care for other life so that they can try and justify their MENTAL IMBALANCE and feel right about themselves. They are NOT right and should be treated with not one ounce of respect. If I saw anyone perform acts of torture on an innocent animal I might be motivated to kill him/her myself with my bare hands. Even if I went to jail for life I would rest better knowing one less PSYCHO was gone from this planet. These are the grown up equivelent of kids pulling wings off of flys or running around stomping on snails. Ignorant elitist scum...you are not the god of this planet...you are a dumb child. If you could feel the fear these animals feel for ONE SECOND you would cry like a baby because you have NO SPINE. Complete pain junkys who inflict pain on things that can't fight back. PATHETIC. What I wouldn't give to have 10 minute alone with the man who skins the minx alive. Believe me, he would not have a chance.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I don't even know what to say about these. Not because of what they're doing, but because of the ignorance of some people. Every single time I see this crap, it's the same videos, same pictures, used again and again as propaganda. And people who have never actually been on a farm, think every farm, plant, etc, is exactly like these. Yet, if they were, why do I keep seeing the same videos and pictures over and over again?

I grew up on a farm. That site is flat out lying about many things, overexaggerating everything else.

For example, what was the video of the "frail calves stumbling down a ramp" supposed to show? Anyone who has been around a calf would know those calves weren't but a few days old, and they CAN'T WALK VERY WELL. Of course they're going to stumble while walking on an uneven surface. And being "Whipped and kicked"? ... Yes, he was certainly beating the hell out of that Calf... Or not. The "kicks" were little more than nudges.

I could go on and on and on about this, but I'm not going to. The only thing I can say is, get educated, instead of buying into the propaganda of PETA who's purpose is to show you worst case scenarios, spin a tale, and make people think that EVERYWHERE is just like that, and you should feel horrible for eating meat. Give me a break.

Anyone ever killed a chicken? Ever heard the term "Running around like a chicken with it's head cut off"? When you kill a chicken, they don't just lay there. Guess I could take a picture or video of that, say the chicken is alive and is suffering and it's going through inhumane treatment, and most of you people would believe it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join