It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are despicable - Take a quick look at this.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
This is why I choose to not eat meat. That and the chemicals/drugs it's full of. We're a society of people who choose not to educate Ourselves fully with what We put in Our bodies, Our childrens bodies. God, the FDA just said it's okay to spray crops with certain virus', no studies done but hey. All life is precious and none should ever suffer through this evilness.Like meat? Hunt for it. Buy from small farms in Your area. Buy fresh eggs. Bet You'll never eat a store bought egg again.

Peace. K*

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Oh whatever...I do care about animal welfare, but I'm an omnivore and love to eat meat and will never change.

I do try to buy free range natural meats whenever possible, but I'll never be a vegetarian.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Oh whatever...I do care about animal welfare, but I'm an omnivore and love to eat meat and will never change.

I do try to buy free range natural meats whenever possible, but I'll never be a vegetarian.

I'm with you on this one, dj, on all points you mention. Whether it's fowl, fish or red meat, I'll always be eating it as well. It's the conditions by which these factories imprison animals...it just seems an unhealthy way to raise stock and that is going to carry through to people when they eat it. Chickens raised in cages are fatter than scratchers, for instance. Furthermore, their diet is also quite different and that translates to the consumer as well. Animal by-products anyone?

Anyhow, I think Ghandi had it right when he said "A greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way it's animals are treated..."

spelling change

[edit on 29-8-2006 by masqua]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
If you folks spent half of the time you took worrying about these stupid mindless animals and spent that time helping starving freakin children...

THERE WOULD BE NO STARVING CHILDREN!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   

If you folks spent half of the time you took worrying about these stupid mindless animals and spent that time helping starving freakin children...

THERE WOULD BE NO STARVING CHILDREN!

Crmanager you are absofreakinlutely right! Bravo for saying it so concisely.

Seriously this is ridiculous.

The pigs' basic needs are denied, and they experience severe physical and psychological disorders.

What in the world is this? The pigs basic needs!? The purpose of these animals is too be raised up in as efficient environment as possible in order to kill them at their fattest so we can eat them.

The day when more hippies stop crying for near-dead-just-born-chickens and start crying for Darfur and the like, then world will be a lot better place.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I could debunk each picture, as I know what goes on, being that I grew up around this stuff. But for example, the picture of the hens here -

www.factoryfarming.com...

Those hens are not confined to a cage, unless this is some sort of abnormal operation. They are in a very large room with wooden walls, if there were wire mesh fence they could get caught up in it and die, as they would try to possibly go through it. They enter these little cages like so to lay their eggs, as it is normally darkened with a covered entrance to keep the light low. They will then come in, lay the egg, and exit. In this picture how could you possibly feed the hens if they were trapped in these individual cages? Just think about it.

The feather loss is caused by one hen plucking at another, and they will normally be lost in the tail area and back area as one will pluck at another, the first will run, and he might lose a feather off his back or tail as he hightails it away. If you look closely you will see the feathers are mostly missing on the backs of the hens. I don't know what you can do about it really. Even when chickens are free range, they chase each other and pull feathers.

Anyway, these pictures just show a reality of life. And that reality is, that it is a very difficult world for animals, especially in the wild.

TheMesh

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Blah Blah Blah....

If you are going to worry about the animals that FEED the country, what about all of the insects you kill while you drive? Surely THEY have rights?!?! NOT THE MOSQUITOS!!!! SAVE THEM!!!

Honestly people, it ain't our fault they got the short end of the stick in the evolutionary chain.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
All I'm going to say is that the food here suck! I always though that I saw a cow that live a good life and when it was a sleep then then they killed it. Quick and painless. That how it is done in other country and how they killed thing and that was a damn good cow and tasty at that. Over here just taste strange and not so great and now I see why. s#*!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Okay, I have to say - buck up. I grew up on a farm. We weren't a "production farm", we just had our own chickens for our own purpose and we had a few calves/cows.

Thank God you're not an animal...but then again, thank God you're not a kid being abused by your parents. There are children all around us being starved, beaten, sexually abused....

do you care this much about them? Do you try to watch for them? Do you do something when you identify them? Do you care this much?

chickens-shmickens...piggly-wiggly

there are newborn babies being raped by their fathers before they can be checked out of the hospital.

I just want to say - fight the battles that really matter. When we win them, we'll save all the pigs and the chickens...and even Charlotte.

So because new born babies are being raped we shouldn't care less about abused animals?

Are we only allowed to care about one issue at a time?

I envy you people with brains that can compartmentalise atrocities selectively.

I abhor abuse and cruelty on every level, be it human or animal.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Karma will catch up to those who produce food in the most inhumane ways. I didn't call it farming on purpose because this isn't farming. Farming you respect the land and what you nurture. This is just pure bottom line and living things are exploited to achieve it. I worked on farms and I never saw such disrespect towards life.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
We can care about little chickies and children too...

But i am with DJ on this one...
it is good to support organic and free range, whenever possible, for many reasons... our own health for one... the animals health for another...

Madcow, and other prion diseases only seem to occur when animals are bred in such factory like conditions... as well as the hormones, and antibiotics that are not needed for organic farming practices...

it all makes for a better grade of beef and chicken also... maybe not as big, but much better tasting...

Oh, and for all those corn fed beef lovers... BAH... grass feed beef is much better...

learn about your food factories, and dont support ones that aren't clean, or understanding of animal rights issues...
we dont want our food to be pampered, but we would like to see that it sees the light of day once in awhile, and gets a shower occassionally...

Logic would dictate that food is for eating, and whatever best serves that ends is what is to be done... but safety of the food is a part of that formula, and these food factorys done seem to consider that...

Also, just a warning folks... take it for what it is worth,
but an independant organic cattle farming operation is in process of
sueing the FDA for the right to test their own cattle for madcow... and they are losing...ask youself what the FDA is hiding...

madcow is a prion disease, that has an extremely long incubation rate...
technically speaking, our cattle supply is largely untested, and we wont know if there are infections until sometime 10 years from now, when people start going senile suddenly...

be smart, eat smart, support the best alternatives whenever possible... support better testing requirements of our food, and just remember...
If it mooos, it aint done enough...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Veganism is based on the false assumption that only animals have consciousness. All life from the lowest one-celled ameoba responds to outside stimuli. Plants do as well. In fact, plants can even recongnize individual people. Anyone whose vegan should read the book, The Secret Life of Plants. A researcher trained a house plant to turn on a light! Just because it lacks what we understand as nervous system doesn't mean it can think. I know some humans who lack the good sense the Creator gave some plants.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I tried to be a vegetarian when i was kid but i was quickley became very ill and needed the protien that i was not leting my body have,

However milk is a diffrent story,The milk "industry" injects hormones into calves so taht they can produse milk quicker.Theres only one problem with that the hormones are getting into the milk and hence into our selves,This is why our children are physically maturing quicker and why our young women begin ovulation earlyer.

This has to stop.

"slaughter houses"are acually inspected by the FDA regularley and if any of this behavior is caught they will get a hefty fine.

And last to quote Tod Nudget:
"This is the preciouse peice of protien that our God gave us"

TRw

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I only eat free range eggs, and free range chicken and turkey (I don't really eat other meat).
I don't believe an animal that is bred to be food should be denied at least a happy life. It isn't much to give them considering what they give you.

Which is why I buy ASDA brand!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I agree that this post is pure propanganda.Most likely from PETA.I grew up on a farm.Not a production one like this but still. I am like most a member of the better PETA.The people for eating tasty animals.There is plenty of room for all god's creatures right next to the mashed potatoes. Yeah..things get slaughtered before we eat them.Big deal.What do you think if any animals throats were slit they wouldn't wiggle around?

What's next a post on genetically manipulated crops?Another pointless issue.Most people don't realize if we didn't create hybrids all the corn we ate would be those little baby corns.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I love bacon and wouldn't give it up for anything. Steak too.

However, I have sworn off lamb and veal. Once upon a time I saw some films on how our lamb chops and veal were made. It stuck with me and i haven't been able to touch them since.

Good thing I love eggplant.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The pictures are just horrible, I wonder what will happen if the world comes to a time in which humans could be treated just like that.

Now I feel that we eat the meat from these farms but I think is bad Karma what we are getting when the meat is not from happy, healthy and well raised animals.

No wonder is so many unhappy people around if what we eat has not good energies from within.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua

I'm with you, Shadow88...factory farming is a disgusting practice. Always after the bottom line, these farms have no concern for the animals whatsoever.

The practice has already changed my (and my family's) diet. I try to buy free-range if I buy any meat at all and prefer wild over it all.

I'm sure the dead animals that you've ingested feel great about that. What a joke. I have to agree with Valhall on this one, The human being can be a disgusting creature, but I'm afraid I won't worry about the poor little animals until we find a way to stop abusing and destroying our own kind.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So there's not a single person in this thread who wants to address the two discrepancies I've pointed out about the website?

1. There is a doctored/faked picture.
2. There is a picture of a bunch of dead chicks in a dumpster that is being portrayed as a dumpster full of "struggling" or "suffering" chicks?

Nobody wants to address those two points?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

Nobody wants to address those two points?

So the pictures are no what it seems? now I feel dumb for no taking the time to really look at them more closely.

Well that is despicable also.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join