It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are despicable - Take a quick look at this.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
There isnt much i can say that these pictures dont, they say far too much about us already.

www.factoryfarming.com...

Videos

More info

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Shadow88]

Mod edit: Spelling in title

[edit on 2006-8-29 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
That's enough.

I'm officially a pure vegetarian now.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
God....the more you search for info and facts about these trades, the more disgusting you feel.

www.downthelane.net...

Im just eat organic/free range stuff etc but i know what you mean.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Here's another video (it’s rather big [80mb or so]):

www.goveg.com...

I find the scene near the end to be the most disturbing. The scene shows pigs having their throats slit while they are sill alive; one of the pigs falls off and dies squirming in his own blood and the blood of his companion while the worker walks off screen.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   
To quote comedian Jim Gaffigan...

"Do you know what they do to those animals?"
"No, but it's delicious."

Your PETA-esque scare tactics have no effect on my desires to eat all the beef, chicken, pork, and more in the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If you think that's bad, check out this Gallery of Atrocities. Be forewarned. It isn't pretty.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   
LOL! vegetable cruelty? please tell me im right in assuming thats a joke.

And im not trying to scare anyone into doing anything
I just wanted to show you guys something i thought was horrible.....

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Surely not! It put me off vegetables for good. They have rights too!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
just that first picture alone of the male chicks in the dumpster makes me feel SO LAME for eating chicken. I can't believe they are just thrown away?!? WTF?!?!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   
That's awful, horrible what they do with these animals.. the unique problem is, I only eat meat.
For real, if there is some kind of classification for vegans should be one for the ones who only eat meat.
Which, would be me.

Scarry indeed.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Okay, I have to say - buck up. I grew up on a farm. We weren't a "production farm", we just had our own chickens for our own purpose and we had a few calves/cows.

Thank God you're not an animal...but then again, thank God you're not a kid being abused by your parents. There are children all around us being starved, beaten, sexually abused....

do you care this much about them? Do you try to watch for them? Do you do something when you identify them? Do you care this much?

chickens-shmickens...piggly-wiggly

there are newborn babies being raped by their fathers before they can be checked out of the hospital.

I just want to say - fight the battles that really matter. When we win them, we'll save all the pigs and the chickens...and even Charlotte.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
And im not trying to scare anyone into doing anything
I just wanted to show you guys something i thought was horrible.....

I'm with you, Shadow88...factory farming is a disgusting practice. Always after the bottom line, these farms have no concern for the animals whatsoever.

The practice has already changed my (and my family's) diet. I try to buy free-range if I buy any meat at all and prefer wild over it all.

With the added problems of raw manure (untreated with straw) being spread liberally over the fields, the run-off to creeks and rivers after rains is becoming a dire problem. If you've never heard of the 'Walkerton Tragedy', I suggest Googling the words. An entire town got severely sick and several died as a result of eColi poisoning of the town well. I live about 20 minutes drive from Walkerton.

In my area it is mostly pigs and chickens in the factory farms.

Grady, what is your position on this? The link you provided really didn't express anything other than humor, imo.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Yes, you must pick and choose your battles. For me, it's global warming or the cruelty to farm animals. I went with global warming. How? By putting the farm animals out of thier misery. Now that I think about it, it really is a win-win situation.

Well, you may be thinking, "But CKK, how does eating meat help global warming!?" Well, for starters, cows and pigs release more methane into the atmosphere than any other source, natural or manmade. Methane is also significantly worse for the enviroment than CO2, which is released by the majority of mans' creations. So, the fewer the farm animals, the lower the methane quantity, the better for the enviroment. On top of that, those farms generate thousands of BTUs of heat and energy which gets released into the atmosphere. With a lower farm animal population less heat would be given off...

So, really, join the good fight and better humanity!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Also, I'd like to know what all you new-found vegetarians think of the fact this photo

is faked. It's been doctored.

What do we do about that? And what does that say? Were the conditions not quite "horrific" enough to get everybody to go vegan?

That's a bit odd.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
there are newborn babies being raped by their fathers before they can be checked out of the hospital.

Are you speaking of the South African AIDS cure phenomenon?

Google Search

Raping Babies: Novel AIDS Cure

[edit on 2006/8/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Personally, after work I am going to Wendy's and getting a chicken sandwich. I figure I could stop eating meat and make happy chickens, but billions more people eat em. I just want to do my part to help put a poor chicken out of it's missery!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Are you speaking of the South African AIDS cure phenomenon?

Google Search

No, I'm speaking of cases right here in America. I'll look up the article, if you have the stomach for it.

P.S.

Where's the so-called "struggling male chicks" in this picture????

I see a dumpster full of dead chicks, no "male chicks struggling for survival". Do you realize how many chicks die naturally when you're hatching 10's of thousands of them?

Give me a break.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
factory farming is indeed a sad fact of life. i don't realy like it but i can not afford luxuies like "free range" food. becomeing a vegen isn't going to happen either especialy since i eat mainly meat.

i have realitives that run a beef farm but they don't "factory farm". they barely make a liveing at it. that is what makes factory farming so apealing to farmers. a factory farm can make a decent profit. yet again rampant capitalisim runs amuk.

see the base problem as i see it is man's typical greediness. the wanting of ever more. now i am going to make up some stats just to make a point. say one chicken free range outside takes up five square feet (keep in mind that it would be constantly moveing arround). so a farmer has 5000 square feet of land, that means that he could have 1000 chickens in a decent enviroment. now i don't know off hand but how much is a farmer going to get from selling 1000 chickens, not too much i would presume. now take that 5000 square feet and build a big multi level chicken factory farm. now figure on say 1 square foot per chicken. that means he could raise5000 chickens to sell. oops i forgot it has multiple levels. so he could have upwards of 40,000 chickens. this in the same ammount of space. so he can make much, much more money than he could in the first example. wonder which way of farming most people would choose to run.

on top of that there is the fact that farmland is disapearing at a drastic rate at least arround here. in fact the city is built right on top of what used to be the best farmland arround and as it expands it takes out even more farmland. so we have a shrinking of available good farmland to feed the very same city. which also means that they have to produce more food on less land. hello factory farming. oh and for all the vegans out there, it takes quite a lot of land to grow those lovely veggies you love so much. so in effect factory farms are unfortunatly not going to go away any time soon.

how can we help to fix this problem? while i don't think that we can actualy get rid of factory farm, we could try to make conditions at least a bit better. one thing is to take all the land out of the "land bank". the land bank was something that was done years ago the government actualy PAYS people to let their land sit idle.at least this is true in the usa. it is apperantly to try to controll food prices. next thing would be to stop building homes on GOOD FARMLAND.there is plenty of bad land to build homes on that would allow farming to continue. next if we could find a way to lowwer the proffits that both suppermarkets and canning companies make and divert that money to farmers to give them a decent liveing then many would love to go back to older farming practices. deal with the greed and things could get better for all includeing the animals that will grace our tables. i bet that it would even taste better as well as being better for you.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   

No, I'm speaking of cases right here in America. I'll look up the article, if you have the stomach for it.

I'm not sure if I have the stomach for it, but I would be interested in such an occurrence. You can post it in Social Issues, if you like.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The only meet I eat is chicken and fish. What happened to the good old chicken coop.
To bad i must eat to survive. Sucks that humans are not photosynthetic or elecrtosynthetic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join