It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Chick Fight" and the Guy's role?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think you did the right thing.

It's nice to know that there are mature and sensible people
in the world.

It's a sad fact, but most mens brains are located between
there legs, rather than between there shoulders.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think you did the right thing.

It's nice to know that there are mature and sensible people
in the world.

It's a sad fact, but most mens brains are located between
there legs, rather than between there shoulders.

I have 3 brains, thank you very much!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
You did the right thing bro. I've stopped Girl fights, Guy fights and even bf/gf fights. Hell this one dude was literally beating his GF in the car, I pulled him out and shoved him agains the wall until the cops arrived.

Everybody was the same way "You shouldn't get into their business" But wtf, how can you stand there and watch a woman get her ass beat?

At any rate, you did a hell of a job and I commend you for it. Don't lose that aspect of you.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eldopa
Everybody was the same way "You shouldn't get into their business" But wtf, how can you stand there and watch a woman get her ass beat?

Yeah I've seen that happen only once, and I wasn't in a position to do anything that the time, not even call the cops, damn shame too because the A hole was really beating her, I'm not talking about slapping and pushing either.

[edit on 31-8-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I definitely think you did the right thing. I mean it'd be one thing if there were two guys and they were both standing there boxing, but if one girl is ontop of another girl pounding her, it's just going to get worse and worse. I couldn't stand just watching a girl get her face pumbled by another girl, and I woulda done the same thing as you most likely. I would hope that any mature person would. Now, if it was a guy beating up on a girl...I probably woulda done a lot worse to him.

Good job! We need more moral people in this world!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Yeah fair play man, it's never nice to see a girl get her head smashed into the floor, especially over 'he said, she said' #.

And if I ever saw a guy seriously beating a defenceless girl i'd feel inclined to take a weapon to the guy. A guy beating a girl is just as bad as a guy taking a weapon to another guy. I know 2 wrongs don't make a right but I hate seeing that sort of thing, especially if it's a girl I know!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I understand what Skadi is talking about. There have been situations around my estate where it has got to the point where no one can get in because you would be killed or seriously hurt.

But if it is a box one on one etc. Then fair play let them play it out, blood is spilt then OK this has to end soon. But if ever it changes to where the person is no longer able to fight and are bloody or more people join the fight. Then i would step in, in my years of this estate i have never watched a gang fight. I walk away because i think it is pointless. But i look at the two people and there is never a new person it is always someone who are nasty fighters from the surrounding estates. Girls and boys.

If it is someone who i haven't met or is scared then i will jump in and tell them to back off. And take the consequences of standing in.

In your situation i would have done the same as you, but because i am a girl it would most likely have turned so the attention was on me. Those boys were little twats who's live is so boring and pointless they think it is good to watch a fight.

On my estate you have to show people you cannot be messed with, so they will not attack you when you are innocently walking by. So maybe this was a fight where she was showing she can stand her own and is not to be messed with.
Unlikely but you never know.

But all in all you did right. So well done. Just had to put my opinion across because i understand where Skadi is coming from.

Oni x x

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I never, ever, ever get involved in a fight unless I know the circumstances of the disagreement, or I'm being paid to keep the peace and protect the premises.

The exceptions are when I see an adult hitting a child, or a man viciously attacking a woman. There's no reason NOT to get inolved in those situations, because there's clearly no good reason for the fight to have escalated to that level in the first place (there have been a couple of times in my past where I've gladly intervened on the behalf of folks who couldn't defend themselves).

If I was kicking the crap out of someone who totally deserved it, I would be more than a little pissed if someone decided to intervene without having all the facts. What if the guy I'm trying to put down is a rapist or a burglar, or had threatened my family? Anyone getting in between us would be perceived as an obstacle between me and my satisfaction, and that puts them in a very bad position.

I'm not one of these apes who likes to watch people pummel each other, I usually just go about my business when I see fights break out (unless there's a compelling reason to stop the fight), but I'm not going to just jump in everytime I see a fight. I'm not worried about my own safety, moreso about avoiding prosecution and in the interest of keeping my nose out of the business of other people.

I've been a bouncer in a couple of big cities, and in those cases it was my job to stop the fights. I did my job, well I might add, without ever hurting anyone. Otherwise, I think it's better to let people work it out amongst themselves. If you know the fight was over something retarded, by all means, stop it. But if you haven't got the information, you're better off not getting involved.

You know what they say about the road to Hell - it's paved with good intentions.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
WyrdeOne and Oni x x

I can totally understand that and see where you're coming frmo, and just to be clear don't think I'll jump into any fight at the first punch to brake it up. Like WyrdeOne said there has to be a good reason. I've seen fights between guys but they were both boxing pretty well and in that situation I would only jump in if someone was ganged up on or if they were beat and the other guy kept on unnecessarily continuing. If there is a weapon involved I'd try to call the cops first because that makes my physical involvement problematic for my well-being.

And in this case the girl that I knew was on the ground, there was blood and she clearly did not want to fight. So I decided to step in, and I would have done the same even I didn't know any of the girls involved.

However WyrdeOne I have to somewhat disagree with you on one point though. Even if the guy had threatened your family or whatnot I would still try to intervene if I saw that you had no intention of stopping when the other guy was down or beat. You'd be pushing into dangerous territory there and I would be less sympathetic to your cause.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
WestPoint, I do see where you're coming from, and I don't proclaim to be the arbiter of what's right. I just do what I think is best in every situation, and I think it's safe to say that you too let your conscience guide you. You acted selflessly, stood up for what you thought was right, and that's admirable.

Edit to add: I was thinking back to times in my own life when I had the chance to break up a fight between girls, and I couldn't think of any. The only situation that comes close was way back in the day..I was dating a girl who had a Hell of a mouth on her, she just didn't know when to shut up. We were walking down a path and she started taunting a couple of girls and their boyfriends. They came over to us, one of the girls pushed my girlfriend, and they were all shouting at her. She turned to me and said something like 'are you just gonna stand there? Kick their asses!' - my reply was something like 'you got yourself into this..better find a way out.'

Needless to say I wasn't about to be used as a big dumb enforcer by this mouthy little
, who needed to learn how to behave. I would have stopped them from permanently injuring her, but I was fully prepared to let them give her a bit of a beating to impart a lesson - don't start what you can't finish. In the end the situation dissolved, the other group walked off.

Obviously, if my girlfriend was just innocently walking by my side and got jumped by a bunch of losers, I'd turn into Godzilla and wreak havoc, but things are rarely so simple. Usually there's a complex series of events leading up to a fight, and a lot of times the only way people learn how to act right is by suffering the consequences of their poor decisions.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Sep, 14 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
You did absolutely the right thing, in my book. I don't understand the mentality of some people, I really don't. "Oh look, a fight! Lets all stand her and cheer!", it's utterly pathetic and immature. Fighting is also immature and pathetic.

Good on you for stopping the fight!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was out on Friday night with some friends and two girls started fighting. I saw it and broke it up. As I was trying to move one of the girls away from the other, I had my back to the other girl and she saw my long hair, thinking I was the girl and started yanking my hair!

It bloody hurt too! The swine!!

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
You should have stayed out of it, Westpoint. Im surprised you did not get severely hurt.

Its a fight between to chicks. You should never get involved in a chick fight, period. Its like trying to stop a fight between to male lions. You gamble with your life. Chick fights tend to be ten times nastier and vicious than dude fights.

As a chick who has been in fights with both other chicks and dudes, you simply did not know what the cause of the fight was. Or why they were fighting.

Unless there are weapons involved, or its a case of several people ganging up on someone who is either helpless or alone, its best to let them sort it out themselves.

I remember one fight between the girls at school. One of the girl's boyfriend comes over and thinks hes gonna be Mr. hero, and tries seperating the two. Both girls suddenly turned on him and he got his jaw broken. He should have stayed out of it.

all of that and let me quote Kramer's response to why men are so into chick fights

they might kiss

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I'd say you need new friends.
Without knowing what they were fighting over... I'm gonna assume it wasn't some life or death situation which would require violence. Sorry your girl friend got beat up, but what was she doing arguing in the first place?

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Umm... none of the girls involved were my girlfriend, nor did I know most of the people there. It was suppose to be a party, but I left early due to this.

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
in retrospectively recolection i recall that i remember

chick fights are hella hwt

posted on Sep, 24 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
ichick fights are hella hwt

What is hot about them? It's not like you're going home with either one.
Just as the whole Hooters restaraunt bit ......... oh my god oh my god --- tights shirts and short shorts !!!

I swear when it comes to the male mindset of the perception of females, most adult men never left puberty.

WestPoint23, stay with that integrity you seem to have now ......... I believe I said this on the first page ---- it will carry you well

Misfit

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisfitI swear when it comes to the male mindset of the perception of females, most adult men never left puberty.

WestPoint23, stay with that integrity you seem to have now ......... I believe I said this on the first page ---- it will carry you well

Misfit

uh, hehe, hehe, she said puberty hehe.

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I think you're a hero and all the rest of them are immature losers.

Of course you did the right thing. Don't kid yourself or lose sleep over it.

Cheers!

what he said :O

posted on Sep, 25 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit

Originally posted by Lysergic
ichick fights are hella hwt

What is hot about them? It's not like you're going home with either one.
Just as the whole Hooters restaraunt bit ......... oh my god oh my god --- tights shirts and short shorts !!!

I swear when it comes to the male mindset of the perception of females, most adult men never left puberty.

Misfit

nah I wouldn't want to take home one of those girls. so s'all good to me.

don't hate on us, its the testosterone

raaaaaaaaawr

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join