It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stalin and Hitler were Possessed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
www.mosnews.com...

The Vatican's chief exorcist (who has 30,000 exorcisms under his belt) made a statement about Stalin and Hitler. He says they were possessed and that the Pope had attempted long distance exorcism which didn't work. For it to work Hitler would have to have been next to the pope and willing to have the devil worked out of him. Obviously he wasn't with the pope and he wasn't willing to give up the demon pushing him, but the pope gave it a shot anyways.

I don't know about the possessed part ... but I have no doubt that Hitler had severe mental health problems. That's rather obvious.

I don't know why a long distance exorcism wouldn't work. Wasn't there a quote in scripture about Jesus curing someone long distance? He was asked to cure a man's servant and when He said that He would, the man said that he wasn't worthy to receive Jesus under his roof and that all Jesus had to do was say the word and his servant would be healed right from where they were. Jesus said he had great faith and then said the servant was cured - all without having to be present. Wouldn't Christ's followers be able to heal and/or cast out demons long distance since the Master did?
hmmmm

Anyways, just thought ya'll might like to read this. Don't forget that Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI) was a strong believer that demonic forces could control people who willed it.

More here -
www.mosnews.com...

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 8/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
And I'm guessing the Pope at the time wasn't too bothered about it, he could've at least attempted a close range exorcism:

I know it's from a loony website about the NWO and stuff, but they both look a bit freaked out.

Anyway, wasn't Pope Pius XII nicknamed "Hitler's Pope"?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Flyersfan,

You saw this coming. I say send us an exorcist to rid us of the demons that inhabit the WH.

Fast!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
www.mosnews.com...

The Vatican's chief exorcist (who has 30,000 exorcisms under his belt) made a statement about Stalin and Hitler. He says they were possessed and that the Pope had attempted long distance exorcism which didn't work. For it to work Hitler would have to have been next to the pope and willing to have the devil worked out of him. Obviously he wasn't with the pope and he wasn't willing to give up the demon pushing him, but the pope gave it a shot anyways.

I don't know about the possessed part ... but I have no doubt that Hitler had severe mental health problems. That's rather obvious.

I don't know why a long distance exorcism wouldn't work. Wasn't there a quote in scripture about Jesus curing someone long distance? He was asked to cure a man's servant and when He said that He would, the man said that he wasn't worthy to receive Jesus under his roof and that all Jesus had to do was say the word and his servant would be healed right from where they were. Jesus said he had great faith and then said the servant was cured - all without having to be present. Wouldn't Christ's followers be able to heal and/or cast out demons long distance since the Master did?
hmmmm

Anyways, just thought ya'll might like to read this. Don't forget that Cardinal Ratzinger (now Pope Benedict XVI) was a strong believer that demonic forces could control people who willed it.

More here -
www.mosnews.com...

Edited for spelling.

[edit on 8/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

just because christ did does not mean the followers could as christ had a better understanding of it and had inner strength

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
While I am a whole-hearted believer of the power of exorcism regardless of the faith.

the Vatican's chief exorcist (who has 30,000 exorcisms under his belt)

I am no math whiz but that is roughly 82 exorcism's for 365 years.....for any priest with a role in the subject of exorcism to see more that 3 or 4 in his LIFE TIME is basically unheard of. I do not think even Old Testament heroes such as Noah passed the "age" of 300, although I could be wrong in mis-representing the dramatics of the Old Testament.

To add to that the Vatican has no chief exorcist because it mostly regards exorcism as a now defunct practice. The closest you would get to it is the "Chief" (the term escapes me currently) Exorcist of the Diocese of Rome.

I wholeheartedly belive that Hitler and Stalin were the embodiment of evil, possessed....perhaps. But check your sources, you dug your own grave on this one.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Baphomet79]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   
What is evil, and is it sentient?

Though I’m sure this will be met with extreme skepticism, I would submit to you that a little Hitler and Stalin resides in all of us, for evil is alive and well, currently striding the globe in no less a disguise of the six billion or so human beings that call it home.

Man, in his most basic form, is a fearfully superstitious creature, insatiably selfish and a master manipulator of his environment.. There are no ‘positive’ qualities redeeming him in this basic form, for his emotional range, though broad, can be traced back to three primal aspects of his ego/soul/self . There is no imaginable atrocity beyond his grasp, and these seeds lie in every man, woman, and child’s very being.

(Fear + Selfishness) x Manipulation = (What we would traditionally label as ‘evil’)

In this equation, there is no accounting for ‘good’ in the man, therefore, I would suggest that every act of ‘good’ is against his very nature, thus an effort, as it is far easier to destroy, than it is to create; easier to hate rather than love.

This supposition is further supported by such philosophical statement such as Edmund Burke’s - "All that is required for evil to flourish is that good men do nothing." and Martin Luther King, Jr.’s - "The greatest sins of our time are committed not by the few who have destroyed, but by the vast majority who sat idly by." I do, however, slightly differ with Burke, in that the only good men are those who have truly worked to overcome there basic nature.

We must be taught to be ‘good’. Being ‘bad’ is clearly socially unacceptable. Any parent will tell you about the ‘terrible twos’, where all manner of boundary testing is examined by children. Right and wrong are not instincts born to man.

As for external intelligence assuming or influencing the actions of men, I am a little skeptical. Although I wouldn’t rule out their existence, I see little need for them to control anyone to serve ‘evil’, as it is the natural state of man to start with. Influence, perhaps, but again, to what purpose? Evil, by the very definition I have provided here, IS man. No other creature on this earth, whether superstitious demon/fallen angel or savage beast can rival him in this arena, left to his own devices. Child Mutilation in the Middle East, Sex Slavery in the Far East, Ethnic Cleansing in Africa, Genocide of Native People in the Americas, Torturous Religious Inquisitions in Europe, Corporate Greed Worldwide …Rape, Pillaging and Plunder in Katrina’s wake … The list literally goes on and on.

As for a Devil, Demons, Angels or God in any of those situations, I would ask where any of them were in any of those examples? The only thing any of those examples share in common is the equation of man.

Is there any hope for man at all?

Not on his own and not without effort.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79

To add to that the Vatican has no chief exorcist because it mostly regards exorcism as a now defunct practice.

That's just plain wrong.

John Paul II himself performed at least one exorcism. They are still performed in the church. They are rare ... but they are definately performed.
en.wikipedia.org...

you dug your own grave on this one.

That's just plain rude. 'dug my own grave'?? Pathetic. I put it here for discussion. How on earth can my putting an article forward for discussion be 'digging my own grave'?
Nevermind. I don't think I want to peek inside your mind. It might be too frightening.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The Exorcist order was suppressed during the reforms of the minor orders after the Second Vatican Council by Paul VI. It remains in Indult Catholic societies such as the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. Some believe that attainment of the position of Acolyte in post-Council practices implies ordination to the minor orders which used to be below it, such as Exorcist and Porter &mdash, although this has not been officially defined (although Canon Law section 1009 does specifically state that the only "orders are the episcopate, the priesthood and the diaconate").

Recently, many dioceses have formally appointed priests to the function of Exorcist, partly to respond to an increase in requests for the practice after the release of the 1973 movie The Exorcist and partly as a result of reaffirmation of exorcism as a necessary ritual by Pope John Paul II (who reportedly performed three exorcisms himself during his pontificate) and Pope Benedict XVI. Gabriele Amorth is the chief exorcist of the Diocese of Rome, and founder of the International Association of Exorcists.

I do not like quoting Wikipedia but that more or less sums it up for you. It does not surprise me in the LEAST that Pope John Paul II performed exorcisms in his time, he was an incredible man. And I guess you misunderstood me, I absolutely agree with you that exorcisms are still sanctioned by the church, although that does not change the fact that the majority of the modern Catholic church views them as archaic at best. Even from the beginning of the Church sanctioning exorcisms, the task was relegated to one of the three minor orders which was subsequently supressed at the Second Vatican Council.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Posessed?

Uh...Oookey.

top topics

join