It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistleblower uses YouTube to describe Coast Guard safety issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Video describing serious safety and security problems with the Deepwater Program - specifically the 123 class of patrol boats. This video is factual . I created the video and posted it hoping someone with the right connections sees it and can assist me in fixing the problems. While the DHS IG is currently investigating the issues the US Coast Guard has been stonewalling and not cooperating fully. As such the investigation cannot conclude. My hope is to instill a sense of urgency..

This is the guy's rendering of blind spots in the camera surveillance system, leading directly to the bridge on the boat.

More details in this article:

rawstory.com
VIDEO: Whistleblower uses YouTube to tell his story
The Washington Post story tells the case of Michael De Kort, an engineer for Lockheed Martin, who worked on a US Coast Guard contract to replace the patrol boats used by the service. The contract is worth billions of dollars. In the video, De Kort, a 41-year old, fails to give his name, but commented in an interview after being contacted by the Post.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is BIG folks !! Its all over the news here in the states !! So far just today I saw references to this story on 5 networks !! Methinks this will be pretty huge !!

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
the issue of the camera blind spots is jush sooo...................retarded ? it hurts

the logistics of placing a given number of cameras to provide panoramic coverage of your angles of approach is hadly rocket science -- if the " contractors " cannot get that right -- i would not feel safe putting to sea in a vessel they have just " refurbished "

heads should roll over this .... but sadly i predict the first neck on the block will be Mr DeKoort .

APE [ is stunned ]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
They removed shielded cables and replaced them with cables that leak signal? They're traitors.

So basically, Lockheed is acting like a construction crew that tears up the highway so they have an excuse to put down weak patches, which will necessitate more work season after season.

Totally typical...

If this is accurate (and I see no reason to doubt the allegations) then the Coast Guard's 'secure' communications to the DEA, FBI, and the US Navy are anything but secure.

The camera problem is less critical, IMO, but still presents a real danger to the ships and their crews. But to have secure communications passing through unshielded cables is ludicrous, totally unacceptable...

I hope this is remedied, and Lockheed should be dissolved as punishment for this gross negligence in pursuit of profits. Dissolve the company, shake up the leadership at the Coast Guard, and give this whistleblower an oversight position as payment for his dilligence in bringing these problems to light. That's my opinion.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Here's the Washington Post article on this issue.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I would like it if more people would pay attention to the real conspiracies that cross our path, instead of getting bogged down in the fantasy and sci-fi nonsense that's, admittedly, more dramatic and entertaining.

Here we have a real conspiracy that's not flashy, not dramatic, no aliens or reptiles involved - and it's not getting much attention because it's not sensational enough.

It's a shame, really...

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
This is big, as I see it this has a huge hole that I don't see terrorist using but black spec op groups that want to monitor anything that comes across through the coast guard channel, because the coast guard has to report to the DEA and FBI etc.. to activities they pursue. (So it's a perfect warning system for all those black op drug smuggling project under the lead of whoever is in chare of it)

BUT CONSPIRACY ASIDE... this should be a huge warning to the mainstream public about lockheed to the incompitence that they are showing about a project that is costing billions of our tax dollars. I mean for damns sake, weren't they just awarded a 10 BILLION DOLLAR grant to build the next shuttle that would supposedly take us to the moon. Yet, I haven't seen it on my local news, WyrdeOne you have a great point, because if it's not sensationalized (due to ironically what the media has programmed us to want).. the amount of attention that is paid to it is dramitcally less.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   
one quick observation , regards " sheilded cables " or lack thereof .

are they actually required ?

the reason i ask is that the entire electronics / computers / comms suite of the vessel is contained withing a steel and alloys hull -- floating [ read grounded ] in salt water - is there really any " spurious " leakage of signal to a range that any enemy could actually deploy and operate RINT [ radiation espionage ] equipment at ?

the various downloads I have on “ tempest eavesdropping “ on unsheilded computer equipment seem to cite a range of 150m as a “ standard “ range

I would realistically expect a system within a ships hull to be “ readable “ at a far shorter range

it seems to me that there is a possibility that the fitment of sheilded cables in the origional spec may have been blatant pork .

it has happened before .

views ?

PS – even if my view is correct , Lockheed still has some explaining to do for other idiocy – such as the misaligned CCTV cameras etc

new topics

top topics

join