It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Vitamin C Conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   
www.whale.to...

[It has been known for decades that we are chronically depleted of vitamin C, and that it will cure, ameliorate, prevent or reverse numerous diseases, (eg infectious diseases, cot-death, Heart Disease) as shown by Linus Pauling, Irwin Stone, Dr Klenner MD, Archie Kalokerinos M.D., among many others, but the medical mafia have suppressed this knowledge, mostly by completely ignoring it, and CODEX is their latest attempt.]

mod edit: Please use external quote tags and comment on your posts please.
Quote Reference (review link)
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ** (review link)

[edit on 31-8-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That's odd, since a lot of drugs I've prescribed contain vitamin C...and telling patients to take vitamin C is encouraged in both American and European medical schools...

Mariella

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
That's odd, since...

*SNIP*
[Mod edit: Please keep it nice.]

still at it? i mean no-one on earth can be this oblivious to the facts. take a gander at the following website: www.vitaminsinamerica.com...

tell me how much ascorbate we should be allowed to ingest
please
most EU countries seem to limit themselves to doses in the 200mg range..

www.lewrockwell.com...

For example, Codex may establish a 2000 mg upper limit for vitamin C as previously proposed by the National Academy of Sciences, or as low as 225 mg which was recently established by German health authorities. Controlled studies do not support the use of either number.

take a look at the first link in my sig for a reason why 200mg may be wholly inadequate. to be brutally honest, i limit myslef to approx 300mg/day, because i don't want to develop a slight dependancy on the higher dosage, which can only be met through supplementation, realistically speaking (unless you live in NZ and eat 15 kiwis a day)

PS: whaleto4, if you're in a funny mood this link will show you in detail what to expect from bsl4...

regards

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Long Lance]

[edit on 2006-8-30 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I took 2000 mg dosages of Vit C ( 1 x 500 mg every 4 hours) a day for four months and dosages as high as 6000 mg a day for a week when i had colds; it suppresses the symptoms almost completely but when i stop taking VIT C the symtoms and the cold comes back even if i had been using the high dose for a week. Many people seem to be using even higher dosages so i guess you can then suppress or prevent colds entirely....

No harm no fuss even if i can not report that i remember feeling especially different ( as in more energy or happier/whatever )during that time.

Some good sites i have looked at in the past...

www.paulingtherapy.com...

www.newmediaexplorer.org...
_widespread_link_to_heart_disease_infections_cancer.htm

www.nutraingredients.com...

Whatever Dr Pauling has to say, on health, is pretty much law in my book even if am too lazy to act on all the good advice.

Stellar

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was under the impression that the body uses X amount of Vit C and what isn't used is harmlessly passed through the urinary tract. It doesn't build up in the body.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I was under the impression that the body uses X amount of Vit C and what isn't used is harmlessly passed through the urinary tract. It doesn't build up in the body.

That is correct. The only downside is that vitamin C only has an in vivo, biologically-active half life of 30 minutes. That means that those people who take 500mg once a day are actually not doing themselves any good and should be breaking it up over several smaller doses throughout the day.

Also, massive doses of ascorbic acid (form of vitamin C) is linked to higher risk of kidney stones. Not a pleasant experience, I'm sure.

Mariella

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Vitamin C is also the "driver" in many vitamins. It certainly has been around long enough.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Vitamin C is also the "driver" in many vitamins. It certainly has been around long enough.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? If you are suggesting it's a cofactor for other vitamins, that's incorrect. If you are suggesting it's some sort of coenzyme that produces other vitamins, that would be wrong, too...could you clarify what you mean by a "driver" in other vitamins? I think this is just a language barrier issue...

Mariella

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I use it in high doses when I need it and have recommended it to others in times of need.
My cousin is totally allergic to bee stings and we stepped into an underground nest. Walking side by side, we both sunk up to our knees. I got stung at least 30 times, he got stung about 20. We ran back to the house, at about 30 yards away from the house I was carrying him. He was still conscious so we gave him 3000 mg of vitamin C. I took the same amount even though I have no reaction to bee stings. Within a half hour he was sitting upright and laughing and joking around. Within an hour and a half we were headed back to the bee nest with a can of gasoline.

That was in Texas near Normangee, the closest hospital was over an hour away. That was many many years ago, maybe 20 or so...
I suggested the same amount to a friend years ago. We worked at a restaurant and he was showing off to the pretty waitresses by swallowing raw oysters.
About a half hour later he started feeling sick. I gave him 3000 mg of vitamin C and within 20 minutes he was ok.
Kidney stones can be dealt with by using other herbs and vitamins, it's not that bad of a problem. I've never heard of them being caused by vitamin C though. That rumor was probably started by the medical establishment when they found out how useful vitamin C is.
I either use or recommend high dose vitamin C 5 or 6 times a year, whenever the need arises. There has never been a case of it not working.

bsl4doc, I will not respond to you at all in this topic no matter what you say.

Edited for spelling error

[edit on 8/30/2006 by Beer_Guy]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
My pharmacist told me vitamin C acted as something that stimulated the effect of other vitamins, much like caffeine stimulates the effect of some medicines. Is that not correct?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_GuyThat rumor was probably started by the medical establishment when they found out how useful vitamin C is.

Why would we hide the effects of a supplement that is commonly offered as a non-prescription solution by many allopathic doctors?

bsl4doc, I will not respond to you at all in this topic no matter what you say.

Suit yourself, but your type usually aren't the kind to leave things be.

DGTempe: Oh! Now I understand what you meant. Yes, indirectly, vitamin C can help with the metabolising of other vitamins. I say indirectly because vitamin C can act as a cofactor, stimulating the activation of an enzyme cascade. Still, a very important indirect player. Good find.

Mariella

[edit on 8/30/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

My pharmacist told me vitamin C acted as something that stimulated the effect of other vitamins, much like caffeine stimulates the effect of some medicines. Is that not correct?

Yes, it is...
L-Lysine used with vitamin C will lower your cholesterol. Vitamin C will also help your body use calcium more efficiently.
There are probably many others, but that is all I'm aware of at present.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy

Yes, it is...
L-Lysine used with vitamin C will lower your cholesterol. Vitamin C will also help your body use calcium more efficiently.
There are probably many others, but that is all I'm aware of at present.

I don't think that's correct at all....could you provide the reactions, mechanisms, or proteins that are involved?

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I don't think that's correct at all....could you provide the reactions, mechanisms, or proteins that are involved?

No I cannot, I'm not a doctor I'm a maintenance technician.
I know it works, and my doctor knows it works. He has been recommending it to other patients.
I got off Coumadin with Ginko Biloba, I fixed my hypothyroidism problem by supplying my thyroid with the right nutrients. Did they teach you that in college?
Please leave me alone, I do not wish to argue with you in this topic. That isn't the purpose of this topic.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

For one Vitamin C has a half life, so it is better to take it during the day rather than all at once. I do not follow my own advice, taking 8000 Mg with Chlorella, Spirulina, and a scoop of Barlean's Green almost every day. What I have found is being able to keep awake during the day, rather than feeling tired enough to nap a few hours.

Occasionally but more often than I might think, I actually do follow my own advice and take at least 1000 Mg a few times in addition to the 8000 Mg. I have overcome the "runs," that can happen when topping up the C too quickly and I feel great!

If these elite crooks get their way, the only thing you will get is coal tar derivative pharmaceuticals, and an expensive prescription if you want Vitamin C. That is what the Codex Alimentarius wants to do in the US, what it has already done in Europe. It is insane to have to pay gigantic prices above and beyond what you are paying now for healthy concepts. But that is what the profiteers want, a monopoly on all you health choices. They want you to pay huge medical bills, have heart transplants, when you can recover with at least 1000 mg Lysine with 1000 mg Vitamin C four or more times a day. This has been documented by the much ignored Linus Pauling heart study. When I think President Clinton immediately went for a heart bypass instead of considering such a simple informed process to unstick the plaque with Lysine, and to reinforce the heart walls with the proper connective tissue, it makes me think about "educated idiocy."

We have an increasingly bad system here, and if I am faced with low vitamin C dosages and prescriptions, I will leave the USA forever and go somewhere that allows people to keep their good health. I hope it never comes to that, but these are strong feelings that millions of Americans share.

I am sorry to report these things, but the medical profession has been hijacked by the giant cartels and oligopoly, whereas doctors cannot use their minds as well as possible other than for things like surgery, when they have become pharmacists rather than healers. Proper nutrition in Medical Schools is not a big part of becoming a doctor, while Vitamins continue to be downgraded without proper scientific method. It is the same story as Aspartame approved by the FDA, when it releases methanol in an unnatural way that is not countermanded by ethanol as occurs in nature. There are too many holes in this corporate "science,"and loads of liability if ever all the facts be known.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by SkipShipman]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beer_Guy

No I cannot, I'm not a doctor I'm a maintenance technician.
I know it works, and my doctor knows it works. He has been recommending it to other patients.
I got off Coumadin with Ginko Biloba, I fixed my hypothyroidism problem by supplying my thyroid with the right nutrients. Did they teach you that in college?
Please leave me alone, I do not wish to argue with you in this topic. That isn't the purpose of this topic.

I wasn't attempting to start an arguement, I was simply asking for information I couldn't find myself in my medical library, any scholarly journals, or pubmed.

And yes, they did teach me about vitamins in college, and in medical school as well. thanks for being a condescending jerk, though =) .

Mariella

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
C is a powerhouse, I have taken many, many times the RDA when I have felt ill. I think it can also have the effect of opening arteries as well.

I am acutally disgusted to hear that some places in the world limit your intake of vitamins, and charge you inflated prices for them. Seems like an attempt to do harm to people in my eyes and/or profit disgustingly from them. Excuse the nasty acronym, but FU to whoever is commiting such foul acts as this. That is blatant evil! If crap like that starts happening in the US, it's time to fight!

Troy

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Why would we hide the effects of a supplement that is commonly offered as a non-prescription solution by many allopathic doctors?

You can not patent Vit C so the next best thing is to make it seem quite useless and or ineffective. Few multivitamins contain more than 60 mg of Vit C and last i checked that was just enough to make sure no one gets scurvy.

That is correct. The only downside is that vitamin C only has an in vivo, biologically-active half life of 30 minutes.

Source if you don't mind?

That means that those people who take 500mg once a day are actually not doing themselves any good and should be breaking it up over several smaller doses throughout the day.

That's what you would be advised to do for most kinds of minerals but it's mainly because your body can not retain Vit C that you need to replenish it as often as possible ( every 3-4 hours) for most benefit.

Also, massive doses of ascorbic acid (form of vitamin C) is linked to higher risk of kidney stones. Not a pleasant experience, I'm sure.

Mariella

Higher risk as in 0.00000001%? Asprin is a few thousand times more dangerous but lets not talk about important stuff while were demonizing Vit C!

Stellar

top topics

join