It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smash Brothers... Best Fighting Series

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hello,

Just wanted to know what the public opinion was on Smash Brothers 1, 2, and the up and coming 3 for the Wii.

I personally think it is the best figting game ever... So many characters, so many different levels, so many different moves, items, etc etc, while involving so many different earlier games, both japanese and american.

Your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well, it's funny you should mention it. I've been Smashing for close to 10 years now, and have decided that my crew and I are better than any other crew. Everyone who challenges us, even one of us, is beaten so horribly that they are embarrassed to try again. I've even gone as far as to download recorded matches from so called 'champions', and their moves aren't even close to what we are capable of. Unfortunately, we've all grown up, and though we still smash with each other, our day jobs prevent us from entering any tournaments.

It would be great if they could put Smash on the free Wii network, but I've heard that it is unlikely.

BTW, here's a thread to gauge responses.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Are you talking about Melee?

I think I can hold my own in the original. Cheapness is so key, especially with Ness.

But, in Melee, I have played people far superior to me, they took out alot of the cheapness, put in alot more precision.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm talking about both. My experience in the original flowed into Melee almost flawlessly. I expect the same to happen with Brawl. We got rid of the Cheapness factor early on, with both an honor system that we try not to violate, and heavy penalties for violation. (basically, we just get mad and whoop the violator without mercy). The only Cheap shot that can get me maybe 1/5 fimes is Link's spin.

top topics

join