It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any useful technology in crashed, found UFOs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthCanHurt
I believe Corso said micro-circuit or microchip and not the transistor. That transistor doesn't look very tiny.

The micro-circuit and the microchip are only an evolution of the way of creating the transistors.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Access Denied
What if these spaceships can never fly at all, just been built by aliens for us to learn? Just like toys for kids, on what they learn to do certain things.

If what you’re trying to say is reverse engineering an alien spaceship would be practically impossible then I agree. If you’re asking does it makes sense for aliens to leave us a spaceship to learn from then I would say definitely not… if they wanted to help it would be better if they left us the plans, operator's manual, and machines used to make it don't you think?

Let's say, they do so. People start inventing these spaceships, and they start to develop them as weapons against other nations. If not, private individuals having enough money would use these technologies to gain power over others, etc. I mean the following:

People are not yet ready to even bargain with any sorts of alien technology at all.But, they are ready to see some alien ships at least those out of order, or only some, how they look like, what they are made of, what are simple alien technologies, and so on. This adds to the rules of current alien contacts with governments, alien cooperations, and perhaps people might recieve simple yet useful alien technologies to perform with.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
The micro-circuit and the microchip are only an evolution of the way of creating the transistors.

And it is a technology given to us by aliens, proudly being introduced us to use this technology and its benefits. Funny, that these technologies weren't included in crashed spaceships.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hey Access. I'm not trying to mislead anyone. I'm just wondering what the story of the funding for their research was, that's all. That is, who was funding the Bell guys at the time of the discovery, and how much money was in the Bell guy's budget at the time? That's all. It might shed light on the feasibility of Corso's claims. It might not. Seems like it might be worth finding out.

I happen to agree with you that we had a lot of bright people working in solid state physics at the time, and we certainly knew what the value of a vacuum tube was. And we understood its importance for computation. All the pieces were in place to improve the technoloy. It wasn't like it "just fell out of thin air" and changed everything.

I'm not convinced that a crashed foreign flying vessel would be allowed to receive the open scientific attention that you are suggesting. Why would it be discussed in the world research forum if that would just tip the soviets off to the pheonomena and technology involved? If I were some military big wig, I would squirrel it away somewhere were I could have my people study it secure in the knowledge that the commies, liberal pinkos, and bleading heart humanists couldn't screw up our advantage to crush the world's stupid leftists once and for all.

Second of all, the Africans would sell that laptop for advanced nations, who will be able to use it, for whatever they want to. Meaning the same in USA: If a crashed UFO is found, let's call the aliens for help. Obvious, isn't it?

Yeah, that makes sense to me.

Pehaps that was a bad analogy. That analogy was to answer your question about how difficult figuring out how to even “turn on the lights” would be. Also, this village would have to be isolated for that analogy to work of course. A better analogy would probably be dropping that laptop into a remote primitive village and expecting them to make another laptop (i.e. reverse engineer) just like it. I think it’s safe to say it would take them about as long as it did us to develop the technology to make it in the first place… say 100 years?

I think the first analogy is ok and the second even better. That reminds me of how in South America, when the French lost a rocket after take off, the bits and pieces fell around the local villages. Local peoples there are living in a mix of stone age and subsistence economies. But as soon as it fell, they knew it was important. They took the pieces back to their villages and demanded ransom money for their return to the French.

I wonder if we wouldn't exchange the pieces and bodies of some crash in exchange for some knowledge of the technology.

If what you’re trying to say is reverse engineering an alien spaceship would be practically impossible then I agree. If you’re asking does it makes sense for aliens to leave us a spaceship to learn from then I would say definitely not… if they wanted to help it would be better if they left us the plans, operator's manual, and machines used to make it don't you think?

Thats an interesting issue. In my opinion, it comes down to whether an alien would think like us or not.

One thing I wonder about, Access, is what do you think happened at Roswell, and why has the government changed its official story about the event 2 times? And only when they got caught with a lie.

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoterrestrial
Hey Access. I'm not trying to mislead anyone. I'm just wondering what the story of the funding for their research was, that's all. That is, who was funding the Bell guys at the time of the discovery, and how much money was in the Bell guy's budget at the time? That's all. It might shed light on the feasibility of Corso's claims. It might not. Seems like it might be worth finding out.

I don't know if it is possible today to get information about Bell's budget, but thinking that if they succeeded Bell would stop using vacuum tubes that were power hungry, fragile and not cheap, and they could also sell it to the military for radars and communications, I think it was likely that they had a big budget.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Access Denied, you are lying, again.

Again???

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
He didn't say the transistor was built in 1906, he said the vacuum tube triode was built then.

If that is the case then i most certainly owe Access Denied an apology.

Access Denied, I am sorry

Umm... apology accepted... but is there a problem here?

No problem, i interpreted your words from a post on page one to mean that you were saying that the transistor was invented in the early 1900s, instead of in 1947. I said i could not find any information about the transistor being invented prior to 1947, and called you a liar. My apology was for calling you a liar, which you did not, you were talking about the technology that preceded the transistor.

No problem, except for my state of mind at that moment, and not seeing exactly what was being said.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   

No problem, except for my state of mind at that moment, and not seeing exactly what was being said.

Cool.

I understand this subject can get emotional in a hurry.

So was there any PUI or PWD involved?

PUI or PWD? Not sure what the acronyms stand for. PWD = Post War Depression?

[edit on 31-8-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Guys, take a peek at this thread too. Same topic I guess.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers!!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   

No problem, i interpreted your words from a post on page one to mean that you were saying that the transistor was invented in the early 1900s, instead of in 1947. I said i could not find any information about the transistor being invented prior to 1947, and called you a liar. My apology was for calling you a liar, which you did not, you were talking about the technology that preceded the transistor.

Am I correct? Possibly one of YOU helped these beautiful minds to create, experiment on certain things that will bring today's computers to existance?

I believe, it's the same today. Several monster companies are up to creating something big, yet they don't even know, what the hell this fast evolution is really for. To play mp3 with my phone hanging on my neck? Or to play more DIVX (downloaded illeglly of course) with my cheap supercomputer? Well, I would really like to see, how is this evolution really goes day by day.

To proove, that any technology humans recieve from aliens, is coming handy, and has nothing at all to do with UFOs.

But, we do recieve UFOs from all over the World, yet they don't provide anything useful at all. If they would, every news agency would talk about it. No matter, how secret projects are covering these findings.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join