It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Eye of God is not the Eye of Horus or Jupiter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Ok, sorry, but I'm sick of hearing this statement.

Buddhist Swastikas are not the same as Nazi Hakenkreuz nor do they have any relation.

Just as the cross is found in many different religions.

Why then is the Eye of Providence, popular in 1600 and 1700 religious carvings in Europe suddenly "The Eye of Horus".

As if anyone then gave a crap what the Egyptians thought 4,000 years before them?

No they didn't...nor did many of them probably even know about Horus.

It is a repetitious symbol just as the previously stated symbols...unless you can find the gentleman or woman to introduce it to Europe and he or she states that they copped it from Egypt.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
I'd like to add that since Europeans didn't know about Coptic Christians until missionaries tried to convert them (to which the Coptics famously replied - "We have been with Jesus Christ for 1,800 years, how long have you been with him?") in the mid 1800s so if the Europeans didn't know about this Christian sect why would they know ANYTHING about Egypt until the STUDY of Egypt which began with Napoleon's invasion of that region?

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stratrf_Rus
Ok, sorry, but I'm sick of hearing this statement.

Buddhist Swastikas are not the same as Nazi Hakenkreuz nor do they have any relation.

Just as the cross is found in many different religions.

Why then is the Eye of Providence, popular in 1600 and 1700 religious carvings in Europe suddenly "The Eye of Horus".

As if anyone then gave a crap what the Egyptians thought 4,000 years before them?

No they didn't...nor did many of them probably even know about Horus.

It is a repetitious symbol just as the previously stated symbols...unless you can find the gentleman or woman to introduce it to Europe and he or she states that they copped it from Egypt.

Some people might tell you it's Jesus Christ. Some people think Jesus = Horus so who knows? Some people will tell you it means GAOTU but who knows? May be we need to understand the clear meaning of the "Eye of Providence" before we guess who's eye it is? Since it's on the FED note, what makes you believe that it is even the true "Eye of Providence" and not just an imposter?

Interesting topic you bring up and as such, I'm interested to hear in your opinion of it, Stratrf_Rus. What does the 'Eye of Providence' represent to you now? What did it represent to the people who placed upon the FIAT dollar bill? What did it represent to the people who displayed it on the walls of the British Israel World Federation before removing it? What did it represent to the ancients and finally, what does it have to do with America when it's being displayed on a FIAT NOTE, a FED note which does not belong to you or me, and belongs to the share holders of the Federal Reserve?

Until certain other questions can be answered, the answer could also be "who really cares what the symbol represents?"

[edit on 29-8-2006 by Cinosamitna]

join