It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acoustic levetation of objects.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

All those stories of trumpets and sound building / destroying targets in biblical times... and now this dude manages to levitate objects by the power of sound alone!!

Awesome little video clip.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   
That is a pretty cool clip! Strange what accoustics are capable of!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite topics.

Heres a website I found a while back, which I have linked to in earlier discussions of sonic lev. Its no where near as exciting as this new video of the levitation chamber this guy has.

An American acoustics engineer - Tom Danley, has been working with colleagues in a company called Intersonics, on research which has led to Acoustic Levitation and Positioning Devices, which have been tested by NASA.
They filed a U.S. patent in 1991 stating:

"An acoustic levitator includes a pair of opposed sound sources which have interfering sound waves producing acoustic energy wells in which an object can be levitated. The phase of one sound source may be changed relative to the other in order to move the object along an axis between the sound sources."

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
This is one of my favorite topics.

Heres a website I found a while back, which I have linked to in earlier discussions of sonic lev. Its no where near as exciting as this new video of the levitation chamber this guy has.

Cool stuff, I have a few Piezo Buzzers laying around, may have a use for them now lol.
It may even be possible to levitate a modified buzzer by radio control, due to their lite weight. I can see miniature UFO toys out of this

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yeah and as that guy states, to lift some thing really big and heavy you would have to use ultrasonic frequencies to avoid harming people and surrounding structures!

The dudes got promise with that idea - maybe a craft of some sort able to self levitate with acoustic engines maybe? Or even a earth to orbit idea...

What ever the outcome, that videos sure thrown some light on the biblical ideas about sound cannons!

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I heard from an old physics teacher that some French scientists once tried to find the precise resonance frequency of a certain gel-like organic coating for neurons.

Apparently they found it... and all died when it caused their neurons to lose the ability to transmit signals...

I always wondered if that was a true story or something he made up...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure he made that up. Though it sounds plausible, if it were true, alot more people would know of the story than just your teacher.

As for this audio levetation, thats really cool. I'm going to have to look into this more.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sound waves are air movement...

It is not necessarily a function of volume that would be needed for moving larger object, but frequency...

A case in point, though this is not sound waves, it is still air moving at just the right frequency to cause a destructive effect. I believe it was 41.2 miles per hour and this is an old video, but illustrates quite nicely the frequency that sets up a resonent wave pattern to cause an effect.

Oh dear I suppose that means this might have weapons capability

Tacoma Bridge Spanish but better quality

Tacoma in English

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Of course, if scientists actually found an effective way of making a machine such as this, it would probably become a weapon in no time.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Would you be able to bring down buildings with that if you find the building frequency?

Thanks for the info!

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:39 AM
link   
A different acoustic weapon is the high power acoustic phased array of 36 horns which can focus the acoustic output at the target. The high power noise created within the target can incapacitate humans from a standoff range. The system can be mounted on a tactical vehicle, and radiate a narrow, high power steerable acoustic beam, disorientating humans. Both horizontal and vertical beams can be formed simultaneously to create a point effect within buildings.

The above is a snippet from this web page about less than lethal / moderate lethality weapons. Have a read, its scary stuff.

www.defense-update.com...

Oh and a wise man wouldn't bet on acoustic weapons being designed to bring down buildings...Ask the Russians about those...

(I'll dig about for the info to post here...)

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
A different acoustic weapon is the high power acoustic phased array of 36 horns which can focus the acoustic output at the target. The high power noise created within the target can incapacitate humans from a standoff range. The system can be mounted on a tactical vehicle, and radiate a narrow, high power steerable acoustic beam, disorientating humans. Both horizontal and vertical beams can be formed simultaneously to create a point effect within buildings.

The above is a snippet from this web page about less than lethal / moderate lethality weapons. Have a read, its scary stuff.

www.defense-update.com...

Oh and a wise man wouldn't bet on acoustic weapons being designed to bring down buildings...Ask the Russians about those...

(I'll dig about for the info to post here...)

How would you be able to protect yourself from those weapons?

Thanks and thanks for the info you'll bring about the russian's experiments with buildings...

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Would you be able to bring down buildings with that if you find the building frequency?

Thanks for the info!

Nikola Tesla said he could bring down the Empire State Bldg with a small hand held resonnator. He also apparently made an earthquake while trying to find the resonnace of his workshop.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Nazi engineers created sound weapons that were capable of causing death at 100 meters but were abandoned because of their short range. They were essentially huge loudspeakers that were powered by alternating explosions of gases.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heckman
Nazi engineers created sound weapons that were capable of causing death at 100 meters but were abandoned because of their short range. They were essentially huge loudspeakers that were powered by alternating explosions of gases.

I bet the Nazi engineers where interested in the Old Testament, Joshua chapter 6...The Walls of Jericho... Things that makes you wonder, was the Israelites the first to use sound as weapon ??

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   
How would you be able to protect yourself from those weapons?

Protecting yourself may be difficult (the body is full of water which is an excellent medium for sonic wave propogation), but you can protect structures by "dampening" the force and propogation of these wave with various materials that "attenuate" the various waves.

Sound waves are mechanical and like to travel through homogenous materials like air, water, steel, etc. When they encounter an interface of different material or density they tend to scatter.

For those who are interested, the "vertical and horizontal" waves are refered to as longitudinal and transverse waves by those in the field.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The Russian DID just that... scared the sh.. out of them and Kruschev called for a moratorium on such energy weapons... Apparently they started a chain reaction vibration that took them years to shut down...

When they talked to the US about banning such stuff, our Gov said "What are you talking about"

Their work was based on Tesla principles... Wanna be scared? This will do it...and when you read it remember in the back of yur mind our HAARP project...

Soviet Scalar Electromagnetic Weapons

Now HAARP is not sonic, nor levitation, but its still related to wave forms and plasma... and this line below scares me...

The HAARP fact sheet states that "most of the energy of the high-power beam would be emitted upward rather than toward the horizon." Later on, however, the fact sheet notes that care will have to be taken "to reduce the percentage of time large signal levels would be transmitted toward large cities." The closest large cities are Fairbanks and Anchorage.

SOURCE

And don't forget the Navy sonic wave tests that have been killing whales and dolphins...This ought to be a wake up call for everybody...Pierce Brosnan is involved with trying to stop this...

Protecting Whales from Dangerous Sonar

Balcomb and several volunteers managed to guide 10 of the animals back into the water. But six whales and the dolphin died. Last winter, a government investigation found that the whales had suffered severe ear trauma that damaged their navigational systems; the cause, the report said, was a test of a Navy sonar system in the waters off the Bahamas. The finding has added fuel to a long'standing dispute over the Navy's next-generation sonar technology -- a system that environmentalists say poses grave risks to marine mammals.

SOURCE

Speaking about Water...and sound and electromagnetic levitation... here is an little tidbit that has reaching potential...Imagine for a moment if they pointed this one at YOU?... shape shifting anyone?

Wave Propagation: Writing on Water

Now then lets take it up a step shall we?

I hear a lot of talk that we can't build levitating space craft... that we can't come up with the engines...

Well how about a Levitating Plasma drive using a fusion power source that utilizes deuterium and tritium. Besides levitating a 1/2 ton superconducting ring... Additionally a levitated dipole device would be intrinsically steady state and extract power as surface heating, permitting a thin walled vacuum vessel and eliminating the need for a massive neutron shield.

Oh yes Sci Fi you say? Must be BS... no way we are that far ahead...

But hey before you scoff... read WHO is doing the research... and WHO is funding it... then tell me about it LOL

LEVITATING FUSION DEVICE

Kinda looks like the Warp Core on Star Trek....

Oh and about protecting yourself?

Forget about it, because these energies can literally tear you apart molecule by molecule... which BTW is exactly what happens when you step into a Transporter or through a Stargate or Wormhole... [you HOPE you get reassembled on the other side with all your parts...but its still only a copy]

Anyone need a drink? LOL

Ofcourse you could escape... use the plasma tech and build a saucer with Tesla's patent...and well you figure it out...ours is almost ready

[edit on 7-9-2006 by zorgon]

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonAnd don't forget the Navy sonic wave tests that have been killing whales and dolphins...

We aren't the only ones that should be concerned. The Sirius ET group will have a keen interest.

In fact it is about as important as the atomic tests were in the 50s. This issue will grow.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon... no way we are that far ahead...

Yep, and it is old news, 1991 to be exact. This should reopen that solar warden thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matyas

Originally posted by zorgon... no way we are that far ahead...

Yep, and it is old news, 1991 to be exact. This should reopen that solar warden thread.

Old yes but still here its brand new...
Bout time you found me a new paper
Its supposed to be a TEAM effort you know..

I wonder where everyone went at Solar Warden...Alred vanished... so did BeerGuy after he posted his invention...

Uh oh...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join