It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I could'nt think of a better heading, so bare with me. put your self in the 2 reporters shoes who were kidnapped in the M.East, they were supposedly told to convert or die!, what would your response be? If "they" pointed a gun to your head, or threatened to behead you, unless you RENOUNCE your religion and God?

I've though long and hard about this, and I must say if someone pointed a gun to my head and told me those things, I would'nt be afraid, I'd say go ahead kill me! But, if they threatened to behead me, well, let's just say, I might need to think that over, but I think I would just say the same. KIll Me! I hope I can hear from people of faith (especially Christians) but if your a muslim, budhist, Hindu, or whatever, I'd be interested in your response. think hard about this one.

I'll be offline now, hope to hear from you.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by ivanterrible]

[edit on 28-8-2006 by ivanterrible]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
The heading should have read: What if "they" threatened to behead you?

Something went wrong on this post, (hackers maybe)

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Forced into that situation, I'd "renounce" my religion in a second.

Not to say my faith has no meaning to me, it certainly does. The only people I would be lying to would be my captors, but I would know the truth and so would G-d, and that's all I care about.

My life is more important to me and the people I love than making a point to a bunch of strangers who couldn't care less if I lived or died.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I think you can edit that if you like. Go to the original post and see if you can.

I would tell them to go ahead and kill me too.Then I'd pray like mad

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I'm a christian and I would hope that I would not renounce Jesus Christ. I think that is a place that you wouldn't know 100% what you would do until you were in that position.

I think the main thing from the story is the religion of the group doing the asking and that it's taking place right now. I hope people aren't burying their heads in the sand and not taking this too lightly.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'd tell them to turn to Jesus Christ or eternally die, proceeded by fire away if you must. Jesus died so that I may live for eternity. That'd be the least I could do. After all, the death rate for these bodies we reside in is near about 100% anyway.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt I think that is a place that you wouldn't know 100% what you would do until you were in that position.

I guess we wouldn't know 100% until in that position....even Peter denounced Christ three times before the cock crowed twice. If he was so weak in the flesh, then I'm sure there is a great probability for us all to do it also.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I have no religion to renounce, so I'd go right ahead and take theirs.

I can see why some people would rather die though, prooves religion can be a powerful thing.

new topics

top topics

join