It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Manifestation of Your Desires

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I give up posting in the BTS spiritual forum. It's deader than a graveyard.

No one ever tells you that you should add some fine print when you want to manifest something. For a while I felt the system for a certain sport was unfair & biased. For the new season, a new points system was finally implemented. I thought this would be good news because it provided a better level playing field & my fav player could now excel. Well, only partly true. In the 1st competition, my fav player buckled under pressure while his relatively unknown teammate made a quantum leap. Another example is a friend who always wanted to meet an alien. She met an illegal immigrant, not exactly what she had in mind. So the moral of the story is, be careful what you ask for & always include fine print.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Questor, I don't know whether to lmao at this thread or feel bad. I saw the title and thought "oh goody, I can post some desires"!
But then Questor mutters some mysterious subliminals only meant for the person(s) she's referring to to understand. Meh!

Nonetheless, you're right be extra careful what you wish for..keep it simple but not vague. Couldn't agree with you more on that one!
Mags

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
isnt it better just being?...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
I give up posting in the BTS spiritual forum. It's deader than a graveyard.

No one ever tells you that you should add some fine print when you want to manifest something. For a while I felt the system for a certain sport was unfair & biased. For the new season, a new points system was finally implemented. I thought this would be good news because it provided a better level playing field & my fav player could now excel. Well, only partly true. In the 1st competition, my fav player buckled under pressure while his relatively unknown teammate made a quantum leap. Another example is a friend who always wanted to meet an alien. She met an illegal immigrant, not exactly what she had in mind. So the moral of the story is, be careful what you ask for & always include fine print.

Yes... I know the feeling very well. Unfortunantly.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
No, no. Simplicity is not the way to go. The more detailed your desire, the better.

For example, if you simply request fame, you could become embroiled in controversy to get fame, be burdened by stalkers, have only 15 mins of fame etc.

But if you include conditions to your request like: it must be respectable fame, with no stalkers, the fame must last ______ years etc., you add insurance to your request to cover things that could go wrong.

So making your desire as detailed as possible will cause less headache/heartache when it becomes manifested.

If you don't add conditions to your desire/request, the universe will take the shortest route to fulfill your desire without taking into consideration of conditions you may not like attached to your desire because you did not mention them.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:33 PM
link   
You know what the problem with this is???

We contradict ourselves with our thoughts too much. If you could stop your negative thoughts 100%. You would be able to change your life and get anything you want in a minute.

But almost all of us don't have the discipline and control to change our thoughts and keep them pure. I for one don't have it.

Especially when I'm on my bed at night and my thoughts go racing.. Practically impossible to stop.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
i know that feeling TheBandit795 it is just so easy to
say something like "it must be respectable fame, with no stalkers, the fame must last ______ years etc"

and then go ahh that wont happen. ive done it many times.

but the times when you dont even conciously think something it happenes.

like the other day i was going for a job and the night before i was joking around saying "im gonna get this job even if only to buy concert tickets (my fav band is coming to aus in feb)"

then the next day i went for the interview, i didnt get the job i went for but i got a seasonal job that only lasts untill february.
i just had to laugh at myself.

so be specific. if you would like a new job dont just say
" i would like a new job"

say "i would like a new job, doing something i like and can do, that pays well and where i will get along with the rest of the staff" that way your more likely to get a job somewhere you like rather than as a trades assistant plunging toilets.

new topics

top topics

join