It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MENSA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I was wondering if there are any members of MENSA that visit this website. If so, what are meetings like? What do you typically discuss? Do your colleagues share your interest in conspiracy theories?

(I know MENSA isn't a secret society but didn't know where to put this thread).

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
although there has been someone around here recently to claim MENSA membership, he didnt seem very smart and his spelling was horrid.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I'm not a member, but occasionally I take some of the various Mensa IQ tests just for amusement, it started off through a university course that had this as part of the computer system.

Whilst I qualify for membership, I can't help but think thatI would not want to be part of a club that people join because they think they are more intelligent than other people, it seems to me that MENSA would be full of people that have very high opinions of themselves, and I meet enough of those kind of people at Uni and through Music.

"My IQ is 147."
"Oh yeah? Well mines 156, so I'm better than you
"

Not for me thanks.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I used to be a member back in the 80s. I joined at a time when I needed an emotional boost and that certainly provided it for me.

I only remained a member for a couple of years as I found the membership generally speaking similar to DrBones' experience. It became quite clear to me that IQ is a poor gauge of the value of a person and as the purpose for my joining faded so did my interest.

I wouldn't say it's a bad organization per se and I understand many people enjoy their membership.

Originally posted by DrBones666
Not for me thanks.

I bought the T-shirt but it doesn't fit me any more....

[edit on 8/29/06 by Trinityman]

new topics

top topics

join