It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delicious Alfredo

page: 1

join
share:
Ack

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't know if there's a thread for sauces, but I'm jumping the gun because I'm sitting here eating my delicious alfredo and want to share the common recipe with the world (or specifically those who don't know it)

To make 1-2 servings of the white sauce :

2 Tbls butter
2 tbls flour
1 cup milk (add 1/4th of a cup more if you like your sauce thin)

Melt the butter in a pot (i use medium heat). Stir in the flour, making a rue. Let it bubble for a minute to get rid of a bit of moisture.

Pour in the milk (I use whole milk) and stir constantly at medium heat until the sauce thickens. Make sure the sauce is creamy and thickened before you go to the next step, adding the cheese.

To turn the white sauce in alfredo:

Get a wedge of parmesan cheese, and stir it into the sauce until it is as strong as you want. I like mine powerful and usually end up using about half of the typical wedge you can buy at the grocery store. If you mix in the cheese before the sauce is saucy, you run the risk of turning the sauce into this terrible foamy contraption with the consistency of vomit. This will also happen if you use too much milk (my friend recalled the recipe wrong and used twice as much as listed above. It led to disaster).

I usually pour this over campanelle noodles, and add fried hamburger bits. Delicious.

join