It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BABYLON 5

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has started a B5 topic since that's the logo used in the Below Top Secret forum index!!

Having watched that from start to not quite finish (while at uni) I have to say it was probably the most realistic, entertaining and wonderful series ever...

I often see comparisons between current world events and stories from B5, so that could be something else we could discuss too

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Babylon 5 rocks. It's a truly well done Sci-Fi series, and for once can actually compare to Japanese Anime, if not bettering it with more realistic, in-depth characters (as opposed to high-pitched underage vixens with big eyes, big boobs, unfeasibly long legs and primary-colour hair).

Long live Babylon 5... one of these days I have to watch the whole thing.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Definitely one of the best sci-fi shows in a long time...I was lucky enough to meet quite a bit of the cast at DragonCon a couple years back... The guys who play Londo and G'Kar are truly cut-ups, hehe...

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
B5 kicks ass!

Having watched most of the series and films i believe that it has gotten better with age!

Who was ur favorite CO though?

Sinclair or Sheridan?

Sheridan was mine..not because of his looks...but because he had that talent!

Ivanova kicked ass as well and cried like a baby when Marcus Cole died *ranger dude*

The films are excellent except the Legend of the Rangers...what a pile of horse hooky!

Between B5, Stargate, Odyssey 5 and Mercy Point..i was set!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Ivanova set a very high standard for the show.

So when Tracy Scoggins took over as captain, it was a disappointment. At the very least, she had to match the presence of Ivanova but failed miserably.

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Sheridan kicked ass...but Ivanova simply stole the show most of the time...(and, she's a great personality in real life...much more happy and full of life than you'd expect her to be...as her character was so serious...) (met her at a con too...yes, that's right..I'm an ubergeek) Actually, it's the only con I go to...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I used to have a huge crush on Ivanova. I also would love to have scroggins hooters "Accidently" pop out during an episode.

All in all I'll eventually own the series...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My favorite TV show ever!

Sheridan kicks ass! Though Sinclair did end up going back in time and getting turned into a Minbari.

My favorite character was definately Londo. Shame how he ended up.... Oh, and I also like Bester (Chekov who?).

The last season was awful though. But that's because they had to write it on the fly. The series was only meant to run 4 seasons.

I was dissapointed in Crusade and Legend of the Rangers. It looks like there's never going to be another B5 series now. The even cancelled the game...

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Not a soap opera fan. Even when set in space.

I tried and tried and tried to like Babble On.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:12 AM
link   

The even cancelled the game...

You knew about the game!!!??? I play tested it (at the same con, oddly enough), and was waxing the developers hehe....(before they added limited ammo), as I pulled a Last Starfighter, Death Blossom move on em all the time, hehe... The game totally rocked, just in development, and was the best space fighter sim I'd ever played... Shame it never came out...

Actually though, there is a rumor (go to the sci fi channel's site, and check rumors, ) that he is working on a new B-5 successor.....

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

The even cancelled the game...

You knew about the game!!!??? I play tested it (at the same con, oddly enough), and was waxing the developers hehe....(before they added limited ammo), as I pulled a Last Starfighter, Death Blossom move on em all the time, hehe... The game totally rocked, just in development, and was the best space fighter sim I'd ever played... Shame it never came out...

Actually though, there is a rumor (go to the sci fi channel's site, and check rumors, ) that he is working on a new B-5 successor.....

Dude.....what little of the game there is has to be out there somewhere. I wonder if I could find it....damn shame they would throw away a good game like that. Almost as bad as them cancelling Fallout 3 and closing Black Isle Studios. :shk:

posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
totally agree B5 is one of the all time best sci-fi series.
From Sincleir (Valen) and Sheraden saving the Earth. It was so well inter-twinded.
Absolute class. And why where most of the phi-corp women babes? I'd have ended up arrested or dead. How could you just not undress Leta Alexandra, mentally

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by Britman]

[Edited on 17-2-2004 by Britman]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I really want to watch the whole thing, C4 used to have it on at around 10:30 at night (ages ago), then dropped it, and no channel in the UK has picked it up again, the only other show that I found that compared was farscape, also, the last series I saw was messed up since C4 didn't show them in any order. When will someone show it over here??

E_T

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The game totally rocked, just in development, and was the best space fighter sim I'd ever played... Shame it never came out...

It was because those spineless bigshots in Sierra/Havas decided that game didn't fill their concept for good selling game and started pushing out crap instead of quality games.
After all their concept of good selling game was right, whole # went bankrupt.

There's more about game.
Firstones

And about current development in B5 front.

Soon, I promise, all will be made clear. I don't like being Mr. Mysterioso on
this, but if I say too much, the-powers-that-be will use my head to make a
2.35:1 sized hole in the wall.

jmsnews.net...

PS. I don't know how many Finns there is here but we're making Finnish subtitles for serie as hobby, so anyone who wants those, contact me.

posted on Jul, 27 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
B5 was truly the greatest television show of the 90s (I would say the greatest show ever). There will never be anything like it again. It seems JMS was prophetic in a sense. So many of the current events happening in the world reflect aspects of the B5 storyline. And it does get better with time. There isn't a single episode that ever gets "old" while watching.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It took me a long time to give B5 a chance. I didn't watch it when it first came out. I watch it years later when it was on the Scifi channel. I watched the entire series at least twice. It was the best sci-fi show I had ever seen. I liked Sinclair alright, but really loved John Sheridan. The storyline was great, especially when it reveals who Valen really was. ;-)

I remember the saddest I ever got was the episode where John Sheridan was being interrogated on Mars. Man, that show had some great characters. They were real people, with real problems. I can't think of any show where it explored so many issues with it's characters.

Garabaldi had the alcohol addiction. Then he was captured and used by the telepaths.
Doctor Franklin had his addiction to stems.
Ivanava with her telepathic genes. Oh, and her attraction to the female spy.
Sheridan with his wife, and the whole dying thing.

Dang good show.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

There will never be anything like it again.

I tried very hard to like B5, but I couldn't! it seems so heartless, compared to Star Blazers / Space Battleship Yamato! for me, Space Battleship Yamato is the best show ever.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
B5 has to be the best ever sci-fi series. From start to finish there was plot. The whole Sinclair/Valin thing was just superb. I thought the Vorlon ecosuit thing was an excellent idea. Had me wonder what the hell was under it. That episode where Marcus gave his life for Ivonava gave me a lump in my throat. It's the ultament sacrafice.
I feel a B5 fix coming on.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
B5 was the kind of show that could have been deliberately written FOR me!
Dark,gritty,funny,melancholy,uplifting, NO cute kids or robots, people who smoked, cussed and drank real alcohol. Loads of references to other shows and novels for us sci-fi nerds, some inspired guest stars, and there was even an episode with a guy playing an electric guitar!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
YES!I agree withe whole post b5 is great from start to finsh great job they did making it too> Also has my favorite writer of all time (Harlen Ellison) was a consultant on teh show and he was in a couple episodes Did anyone here catch that ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join