It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fun with hypnosis - What to have them do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Ok, so I'll be certified in my state here pretty soon to do hypnosis.

I just can't bring myself to charge anyone for helping them. But I can't spend all the money on schooling etc and not earn a living. So - I thought the entertainment side of hypnosis would be a good way to earn money.

Now. Anyone have ideas as to what to do on stage for fun with hypnosis?

I was thinking having someone forget their name, then bring them out and ask them to introduce themselves to the audiance :-)

And that's all I got :-( I just can't think of anything origonal.

Help?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Try making them think there a chicken God from mars and he has special powers and whenever he blinks the person infront of him blows up, that would be fun to watch
lol

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
lol
Everyone thinks of a chicken thing when they think of hypnosis for entertainment.

I like the idea of having a man slap himself everytime he has an impure thought about anyone other than his girlfriend. (but that would csue a big fight I bet)

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
thats cool but why do u like that

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Oh, Oh, I know.

Make them want to have relations with a chair,
I saw that once and it was hilarious.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
have them cut their eyelids off.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Oh come on now!!! I always thought those shows were fake. You mean to tell me you can actually hypnotise someone on stage in a reasonable amount of time??? Effectively???

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Have them try to convince the audience that George Bush is the most intelligent, most eloquent, and best president in recorded history.
Now there's a trick!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Sorry but I don't believe in hypnosis, unless someone can do that to me and videotape it I wont believe it. There's no way someone can make you do stuff like that unless you want to play along IMO.

But if any hypnosis wants to prove me wrong, I'm waiting and willing.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
In a way, West Point, you're ENTIRELY correct - Hypnosis CAN NOT make you do something that you already don't want to do! It can only increase your suggestiveness towards doing something. It kind of supresses your inhibitions.

Myself, I was in a group that was hypnotized once, but it didn't work on me - but it did for others. Why? Because for them, not only did they want to be hypnotized, but they were okay with anything that was going on. As for me, I wanted to be hypnotized, but I just couldn't envision everything that was going on.

But trust me, it's real.

Now, as for ideas:

IMHO the forgetting their name idea sounds EXCELLENT! Really great!

Here's some other ideas:
1. Have them think that they're so drunk, that the world seems to be turning on its side (they should be unable to stand up from this one!)

2. Have them sit apart from each other (preferrably each a different sex) and pretend the other person is a mirror!

3. Have them, whilst sitting apart from each other, see the other person transform into their mother!

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarium
But trust me, it's real.

Perhaps but for me it's on of those things that I have to see (or in this case experience) for myself in order to believe it. But you're saying that if I resist in any hypnosis attempt and nothing happens to me then I defeat the purpose and it becomes sort of like a self fulfilling fact, almost?

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hypnosis isn't a way to force anyone into doing something. lol If it was, my boys would feel compelled to vacuum and sweep! LOL
But, they can feel more compelled to want to be helpful when they see mom doing something for them.

You have different personalities and different things work best on those persons.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:04 AM
link   
cut off eyelids, then I shall become a believer.

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well, I don't know about cutting off a body part... but not feeling the pain associated with a surgery or tooth pulling etc is more appropriate.

new topics

top topics

join