It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane diverted due to suspicious note

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hermann
I'm sure I've just heard on the radio that Ryanair (cheap airline here in UK) is going to be the first airline to allow mobile phones inside the plane (not the cargo). That would make it really easy for would be terrorists.

You don't need to take anything with you on a plane to detonate a bomb,you can detonate your bomb through the planes own electricity supply via one of the many light fittings on the plane.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ox
Really easy to do what? Call Allah?
I could be wrong. But would 1800 mA battery power from a phone (I used the battery power from my personal phone as a reference) be powerful enough to detonate ANYTHING?... It's my personal belief that this whole thing about "Terrorists" and planes is horse *&#$ but lets just say this is happening for a minute.. These would be "Terrorists" are farmers.. and simple folk.. not MacGyver... I doubt MANY of them have ever used a cellphone.. Let alone know the inner workings of them WELL enough to turn one into a "Detonator"...

OR... Could this whole thing be a ploy.. to let "someone" get a phone on board... and "use it" to.. do who knows what with... It's unrealistic... but given the world we live in today, not unlikely.. And I'm sure if some terrible act happens.. there will be a cellphone COMPLETELY untouched and unburned.. probably still in the box... just.. neatly.. planted.. er I mean FOUND.. found at the scene

[edit on 30-8-2006 by Ox]

The battery DOESN'T "detonate anything". It sends a signal to the detonater, which completes the circuit and detonates. So yes, it's powerful enough to detonate a bomb.

Ox

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Gotcha.. Yeah.. How about the Airphones in the seatbacks? I realise not all planes have these... but..

Oh yeah.. I still think it's GPB (Government Propoganda BS)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join