It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane diverted due to suspicious note

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Just heard on CNN that a plane from philly to Houston has been diverted due to a suspicious note. I believe the plane is landing in Tennessee and the airport has been closed. More to come...

Reuters Article

[edit on 28-8-2006 by TruthWithin]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Welcome to our daily dose of the boogeyman.

BOO!!!!!

Aircrafts are thoroughly cleaned after each flight...I wonder who the genius was that wanted the flight he/she got on and had to wait hours to board, the hassle of security, etc, flown back, just to leave a note...probably saying "you s@#$k"

Betcha it wasnt any of the passengers.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Been searching for something but cant find anything on this.

This is obviously signs of the way life is to become.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have to wonder....

All of you convinced that every "warning" or "concern" that is issued is government scare tactics.....how would you feel if none of these were ever made public and a bomb went off in an airplane, or something similar?

Would you feel like you wish you would have known all the little things? Just after 911, there was a huge outcry of "we should have been informed, blah, blah, blah. Well now we are, on a daily basis.

Can't have it both ways.

Just wondering what you feel would be better, in the dark, or informed?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
This is nothing but pure BS. Propaganda on a daily basis, just to keep the pot stirred.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by aimlessly
I have to wonder....

All of you convinced that every "warning" or "concern" that is issued is government scare tactics.....how would you feel if none of these were ever made public and a bomb went off in an airplane, or something similar?

Would you feel like you wish you would have known all the little things? Just after 911, there was a huge outcry of "we should have been informed, blah, blah, blah. Well now we are, on a daily basis.

Can't have it both ways.

Just wondering what you feel would be better, in the dark, or informed?

I just said it was a sign of the way life is to become. Didnt say it was a bad thing and neither did i say it was a good thing. Jeez someone got out the wrong side of bed today

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sorry Saint,

I wasn't directing that at you.

I've just gotten kind of sick of all the people saying that it's just propaganda.......personally i want to be aware of all that is going on.....and i just wanted others views on it......

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
More from Fox News.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
aimlessly,

Feel free to indulge. Be my guest, please. As far as i'm concerned, if i have to sit thru every day of breaking news because someone was painting their fingernails on an airplane and that is supposed to be a threat to our national security, i choose not to believe it.

I happen to know that those aircrafts are thoroughly cleaned after "each" flight.
I'd like to know how that note got where it got to in the first place. As long as people keep believing all this nonsense, we are doing nothing but head down that dark path towards terrorism and into the NWO.

A passenger alerted one of the crew members to a "note"
I just heard it on tv. There is NO THRESHOLD LEVEL to decide what to do in the air anymore.
Somebody farts, bring it down.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Yeah sure, let's NOT bring it down when there's a note of a threat on it. I happen to know how well they get cleaned too, because I was the guy SEARCHING THE THINGS when the cleaners were on it. And guess what, those cleaners don't check ANYTHING but what they're supposed to clean. I can think of a dozen places I could hide a bomb on a plane without even TRYING to that a cleaner would never look but a passenger has access to.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The solution is simple, we should all fly nude.

What propaganda! How silly it is to just be scared of everything. Fear fear fear fear! There needs to be a new airline, "Fear Airlines". They'll keep the people entertained by sneaking a bottle of liquid foundation and freak people out. A note? I thought they clean those planes?

I'm sorry for those that insist on living afraid of everything, it's like an addiction. I have a feeling that the next time I fly, I'm going to realize that it will be my last because these new rules are becoming more and more ridiculous and I refuse to be a party to this convenient fear machine.

Zaph, I just saw your response. Well, if all it's going to take is a note, then they need to ban paper. Because if we're going to let a note divert every plane (until we get used to a climate of fear, imagine that) then the terrorists win without a single explosion.

[edit on 8/28/06 by niteboy82]
*Edits - I can't spell
P

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Zaphod, are you saying you cleaned after the cleaners?

As for me, i've had a long airlines career with 3 different airlines. I know the drill.

Sure, its possible to "miss" something...but that's not really the point i'm trying to make here.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
No, I never cleaned anything. I went on before the cleaners and I looked in all those dozens of places that cleaners don't bother to look that you could hide something. Tell me something dg, if you cleaned them or know how they're cleaned, how many cleaners look in the live jacket pouches? How many look behind panels in the lavatory? How many lift the seat cushions to look for things under them?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
The solution is simple, we should all fly nude.

*Edits - I can't spell
P

Im afraid we British could never fly nude. I can just see it now

"Oi are you looking at my mrs"

Then bloody fighting everywhere

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
Zaph, I just saw your response. Well, if all it's going to take is a note, then they need to ban paper. Because if we're going to let a note divert every plane (until we get used to a climate of fear, imagine that) then the terrorists win without a single explosion.

The thing of it is that a lot of them are written on mirrors in the lavatories. Someone takes lipstick or something and writes that there's a bomb on board, and you HAVE to take it seriously. What are you gonna do, say "Oh it's probably a joke, we'll just ignore it." and keep flying? I don't think so.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
No, I never cleaned anything. I went on before the cleaners and I looked in all those dozens of places that cleaners don't bother to look that you could hide something. Tell me something dg, if you cleaned them or know how they're cleaned, how many cleaners look in the live jacket pouches? How many look behind panels in the lavatory? How many lift the seat cushions to look for things under them?
I never cleaned anything. I did know the rules and regulations, the proceedures immediately after each flight, and was present and observing many times. I'm sure you know what you're talking about also. Ok, its possible for a note to be planted somewhere. I give you that.

My take on this is, there is no threshold anymore. Everything is terror, and that, is pure BS. Like the woman painting her fingernails

I dont buy it.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
The thing of it is that a lot of them are written on mirrors in the lavatories. Someone takes lipstick or something and writes that there's a bomb on board, and you HAVE to take it seriously. What are you gonna do, say "Oh it's probably a joke, we'll just ignore it." and keep flying? I don't think so.

Zaph, then haven't we already lost? Going with this there is nothing we can do ever to stop it, short of nude airlines with cavity searches. That being serious, not sarcastic. You know I already respect you, so that isn't an issue. I just can't see how we're going to do anything but constantly be afraid (well, others, not me). I'm at a loss, here. I can't think of any other solutions that would be ok by the vast majority (such as stop creating the anger and hatred that becomes terrorism). We're going to prolly debate that one though, and this isn't the thread.

I don't know, seems like it's just a fruitless effort if we're really that hopeless.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The POINT I'm trying to make here with the cleaners, is that finding a note on a plane and diverting it is NOT the "daily boogieman". Those notes are serious, but they're rare. The number of flights that find a note on them are miniscule. But they HAVE to be taken seriously. You HAVE to divert the flight when you find one. You have MILLIONS of flights a day, and MAYBE one flight in two or three weeks finds a note, IF that.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
If a note is found the content has to be taken seriously, Zaph is right.
Imagine a scenario where a note is found but ignored,the plane flies and explodes.There rightly would be a public outcry.
Just look at the threads already here on ATS that "CLAIM" the Bush Admin and CIA had prior knowledge of 9/11 and didn't do anything and you'll see my point

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by aimlessly

As far as the gov't is concerned, we are nothing but mushrooms...

...kept in the dark and fed on 'poo'

PS: if all it takes is a note left on a plane, then the pen is truly mightier than the sword!!!

[edit on 28-8-2006 by timski]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join