It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rock Star Obsessions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
As you can see by my avatar, I have a bit of an obsession with Josh Homme, and at times it has gotten a little much.

Yet last Friday I met a girl at a local show who is so obsessed with Glen Danzig that she actually had her last name legally changed to Danzig. So I didn't feel so bad about my obsession after that.

Anyways, I want to hear other rock star obsession stories from others.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Not really an obsession, more of a fascination.

John Lennon and his story amazes me. I have read alot on him, The Beatles, and his Yoko Ono days. DVD's with his live performances I have purchased, along with some portraits of him hang on my wall.

With Lennon, it was more than his music that pulled me in. What he attempted to accomplish in life has captivated me and kept me reading more.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I had a odd obbession with Trent Reznor, now its a thing with Steven Patrick Morrissey. I've never done anything crazy though, just read everything I could about them.

[edit on 8/30/2006 by ddoT]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

I have an obsession with Richie Sambora of Bon Jovi... not the band Bon Jovi even though I am a fan... but just witrh Richie.... I have been to see Bon Jovi over 25 times and will see them again twice this year.. lol I will not go to a show unless I can get tickets on Richies side of the stage!!! I have countless guitar pics from past shows and collect all his music, SOLO music .. i have bootleg videos and audio demos of unreleased stuff and all his songs from movie soundtracks... drives my friends crazy!! lol and I even have ONE very precious pic of me and the one and only Mr. Sambora

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKK!!!! one of the best days of my life!!!! He is AMAZING!!!

ok.. is that obsessed enough for ya?? LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Def Leppard Obsessed.For the last 24 years.Saw them live a couple years back.I was three rows back from the stage.Screamed, danced and sang my heart out for 2 hours straight.Best concert I've ever been to.

Edit to add..Even the ringtone on my cell phone is Pour Some Sugar on Me.

[edit on 24-1-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I hear ya, I love Def Leppard, I get a lot of grief for it from my underground metal head fiance but screw him. Def Leppard rocks!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
I hear ya, I love Def Leppard, I get a lot of grief for it from my underground metal head fiance but screw him. Def Leppard rocks!

WooT! Yes Snowflake they do!
I usually care not whether others share my fav music or not.I likes what I likes.'Nough said.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
i think it is safe to say i have ab obsession with frank zappa.

i feel like i knew the guy....i have 20 of his song titles, album titles or snips of his songs tattooed on me. i have his caricatire inked on and 'wwfd' on my knucks...

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by undiscoveredsoul

Richie rocks!!

I've only seen Bon Jovi a few times, would have been more but I've been living in Hong Kong for the last 6 years and they don't play here!!

Best time was June 25 1995... A long time ago, but an awesome memory.

Also it's the live from london dvd (can't see me thou)

MonKey

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
1995!! These Days tour? mmm yummy!!! That picture is so old that I have!! it was taken in 1992 begining of the Keep The Faith tour!

My goal now is to snag another pic with Richie! LOL I am soooo greedy!

I'm going to the show in Pittsburgh this year and in Auburn Hills Michigan too... only a couple more months to wait!!!

woohoooooo!!

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I become obssessed with art mostly and I can never recall being obsessed with a muscian or any other celebrity.

I don't believe in changing my fashions to match celebrities, unless fashions change to the extent that you have no control over them.

Shoes are always going from round to square and back again. Collars go from small to large and clothes themselves shrink and enlarge according to fashion, so that a large shirt this year may be marked as a medium next year.

The extent to which such things are affected celebrities is something I don't concern myself with.

When an artist's work comes to my attention, I might spend a good deal of time researching his work, but my feelings about such people ranges generally from respect or admiration to annoyance and sometimes disgust, even if their work appeals to me.

An obsession with people in the public eye whom one does not know personally can be symptomatic of a mental disorder and celebrities must always be aware of these things.

Just ask David Letterman.

For most people, such is just matter of fashion and wanting to identify with someone whose work makes them feel good.

A lot of healthy, mature people spend small fortunes on sports fashions and memorabilia, tickets and travel to games for reasons that have always escaped me.

[edit on 2008/1/25 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Myself, on guitarqueero.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm pretty much obsessed with music as a whole, so I will obsess over any bands that I think are good.

Also he's not really a "Rock Star," but I'm kinda obsessed with Bruce Lee.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Come on Grady it's not that serious, it's all for fun.

I don't dress according to the music I like either, and I don't buy every piece of Queens of the Stone Age memorabelia I can find.

Music is just kind of an enigma to me I guess.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Music is just kind of an enigma to me I guess.

Study music.

Art and genius will always be enigmatic, but the arts begin with crafts which are perfectly accessible.

top topics

join