It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Has anyone seen the trailers for this incredible looking game. Its from Crytek, who are the people behind Farcry.
Its a FPS set on an island which has some spooky goings on, you play a delta force member sent in to investigate.
What I find amazing is the eviroment, with bending foilage and destructable senery, it looks absolutley stunning!!!!
Anyone else looking forward to this game??

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I have seen this game looks very good.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I wish I knew what in the heck is taking these people so long to release this game! It was supposed to be here already! Something about EA buying Crytek? Ever since Far Cry I am drooling to get my hands on Crisis, along with about a zillion other people. It is the most anticipated PC FPS right now- but hey, let them tweak it up good and work out all the bugs in DirectX10 (and seeing as that's from Microsoft, we KNOW there can't be any bugs in DX10, right?) :shk:

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well guys I've been playing the Demo now for a day and its awesome!!!
The graphics are out of this world and it runs like a dream on my system!!

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kurokage
Well guys I've been playing the Demo now for a day and its awesome!!!
The graphics are out of this world and it runs like a dream on system!!

What are your specs?

I'm afraid this game is going to whip my system's behind.

posted on Oct, 31 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
my specs for my PC are a bit high but I've heard it will run on mid specs.
Here are my specs - Quad core Extreme, Nvidia 8800GTX, 2 gig ram.

The demo is 1.8 GB and this is a run down. You start out by jumping out the back of an aircraft, after landing you get to wonder around a bit and fiqure out how your weapons and suit work (I wont say much, you can fiqure it for yourselves!!). You then meet your first bad guys and then your free to pretty much make your own way through the rest of the demo (I tried the cars and then managed to steal a boat, which was fun).

[edit on 31-10-2007 by Kurokage]

posted on Nov, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
files.filefront.com...;8895696;/fileinfo.html

Heres the demo that you can easily download to play it. Try not to act so super with the nanosuit.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I'm so happy I got this new rig. I'm able to run Crysis (with the new Nvidia beta drivers) with these settings:

1680X1050
no AA
Very High (DX10)

I'm getting a steady 36 FPS. I'm surprised at how constant and smooth it runs in comparison to the single player beta they had where DX10 wasn't even enabled.

My rig:

Intel Core 2 6600 @2.40GHz (No need to OC yet)
2 gigs of Kingston ram (After Crysis it might be worth getting 4)
e-Geforce 8800 GTX (EVGA, OC'd to CB 637 Mhz & MB 1000Mhz)

I'm not using a RAID HD since I don't find there to be any improvement whatsoever over a SATA 3.

Anyways, do not expect to run the game with any type of AA for quite some time. Instead, find your steady resolution and put everything up to high/very high and enjoy it that way.

It's pretty amazing - but - I found the game play to only be decent.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Im actually upgrading my rig to play this game on high settings.

I just ordered 4 gigs of ocz platnium rev 2 gamers ram, an 880GTS 640 meg card, the evga nVidia 680i mobo with a quadcore 2.44 ghz processor.

I wish I could have got the GTX but i just cant afford the card. The overall jump in benchmark preformance is amazing, but at such a high sticker price, theres no way i could do it.

at least this way ill have decent settings, whereas my old rig id barely be able to run it on the lowest settings.

Cant wait for this game.

Just to add: heres a good benchmark look at the difference between the GTS and the GTX. Looks like I made the right choice seeing as my monitor wont give me high level resolutions in the 1600 range.

GTX vs GTS benchmark

[edit on 5-11-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
This is for any one who is interested in the difference between direct x9/10, there's been a lot of talk about Vista and direct x10 and how much better games will be under the new standard, well Gamespot have done a comparision for Crysis between XP and vista.
Link to crysis test.
I hope this helps when deciding what to upgrade to.

posted on Nov, 6 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Someone will release a hacked or cracked or homebrewed version of the Direct X 10 drivers. Theres no way i will upgrade to vista just for DX10

Thanks for the link btw

[edit on 6-11-2007 by InSpiteOf]

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Here's a link for anyone playing the demo that explains how to change the game and enable the very high setting for XP.
Link

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well Crisys has been out for 4 days and no one has decided to comment on how wicked this game is?

I havent had a chance to pick up a copy yet, but im doing that tonight. So i guess ill post back with my inital thoughts when i get it up and running

Heres the specs for my Rig.

XFX 680i LT SLI Mainboard
XFX nVidia 8800 GT (640 meg)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.40 Ghz)
4x1024 meg OCZ Platnium Rev 2 Gamers Ram
Xion 600 watt PSU
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme

Its air cooled (a number of air cooling solutions) including a ZEROTherm Butterfly heatsink with OCZ thermal +5 paste. Dominator Air flow RAM cooler, 120mm fans: 2 exhaust and one intake, and a HDD cooler (two fans )

Average Idle temps: CPU 36-38 degree's Celcius, System/Mainboard 29-32 degree's Celcius, GPU 56 degree's Celcius.

Average load temps: CPU 42-46 degree's Celcius, System/Mainboard 34-38 degree's Celcius, GPU 65-72 degree's Celcius.

Not too shabby for non-Liquid Cool.

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Just started playing it last night. Pretty good so far. I use the cloak a lot, combined with grabbing dudes and throwing them at other dudes or simply tossing them over a cliff. I just wish I could find a sniper rifle!

Oh, mowing down groups in the buggy is great fun too. Can't wait to try out the heli!

posted on Nov, 20 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

I cant wait to throw it on my system and see what I can do. The jugle looks so vivid and lush in the captures...

posted on Nov, 21 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Didnt have too much time to play it yesterday, but what i did get threw was fun as hell.

DO you know how to get the "Very High" settings active? Is it only for DX10? Or will the trick you posted for the demo work aswell?

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is one hell of an awesome game!!! Just wait till the island freezes and the aliens start poping up. I haven't heard yet if you can alter the game like you can in the demo, but I would guess yes and as soon as I hear I'll post it up.

posted on Nov, 22 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Ya its a blast! I just got past the part where Jester gets plucked up by that...big thing...

Ive tried searching for Crysis tweaks but they only pertian to the demo. Ill keep my eyes open for something to come up though.

Im just happy this game is running so smoothly on my system.

posted on Nov, 23 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Figures id post this for those enjoying Crysis. Its a full tweak guide to get the "Very High" settings without DX10

Also, after some reading, it turns out that the Cry2 Engine can actually go to "Ultra High" but the programmers took it out apparently because most hardware couldnt support it. May just be rumor, im not sure.

Anyways heres the guide

Crysis Tweak Guide

top topics

join