It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Katherine Harris: Church-Gov't Separation is a LIE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I thought I despised this woman before. But now-- oh, boy....

MIAMI, Florida (AP) -- U.S. Rep. Katherine Harris told a religious journal that separation of church and state is "a lie" and God and the nation's founding fathers did not intend the country be "a nation of secular laws."

This woman is absolutely disgusting and there's a faint glimmer of hope when even Republicans in Florida are refusing to support this... 'lady'.

CNN.com: Katherine Harris: Church-Gov't Separation is a Lie

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I just got threw reading this story aswell.

what is wrong with these people... with all the crap goin on right now she is worried about gay marraige and abortion. This lady should be nowhere near political office. I am glad I didnt vote for her last time around.

Why cant these people ever just stand behind what they say? I love how they tried to double back on her initial statement..a pathetic display really.

hopefully this will be the nail in the coffin of this womans career, but it probably wont.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
She is just following the same political propaganda that gave Bush his victory.

She will appeal to the Christian groups in search of support.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well, it looks like she won...

I can't believe people take this woman seriously.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   
desparate people will do desparate things I guess, and well, that article made her election prospects to sound rather slim....guess it's time to kiss some religious ........and they can all pray for her reelection, because she needs a miracle to be elected....or some very well tuned electonic voting machines...

secular vs. religious laws........hmmm.....fatantical vrs. moderate Islam???
while they spead "democracy" overseas, they seem to be leading us in the opposite direction. Saddam ruled Iraq with secular laws by the way....his law, but they weren't that strongly founded on ISlam. since we've intervened there's a good chance that it will be ruled by a strong ISlamic set of laws...a bit loss if you are an Iraqi women!

doesn't bush proclaim to be a christian, what about cheney?? and those two fought like heck to beat down a law against torturing prisoners........
for some reason, I don't think there is much more unchristian than torture.....seems to me that our "christian" elected officials aregiving us some nice gems of sin themselves...
in my book torture is far worse than gay marriage or abortion by the way....way far worse!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Watching the Katherine Harris campaign has been a blast. It's so poor that it's actually funny. She's currently on her third group of campaign staff, the others all having resigned in disgust. Her TV appearances are facile to the point of glibness, she appears to have forgotten that the electorate does include people beyond the more rabid area of the Republican party and her dress sense is... interesting.
Last I heard she was behind Nelson by something like 30-40 points.
It makes you wonder what on earth has possessed the Republican party if they can nominate this sad excuse for a human being for the post of Senator.

top topics

join