It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel the biggest threat to World Peace - E.U.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Blade Runner
i think it was einstien, as for the philli exp, i think that was tesla..

hi Blade. Einstein and Tesla both worked on the Phillidephia Experiment together. Montauk, Telsa did however he left after a few things went awry in the lab.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
*Embarrassed* Sorry I was wrong.

But he should of said it!!!!.

Snicker

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
No Ivan, you and I will not be here. We'll be leaving this joint when the Great Restrainer leaves, and He leaves before all crapola breaks loose.

The 12,000 from the 12 tribes, 144,000 totalled, will be little screaming Jewish Billy Grahams, cluing in the Jews who Christ really is and who the anti-Christ really is. They'll in turn, accept. Which leads me to full circle to say, you are right, they will be Christians.
I'm slow sometimes, Ivan, forgive me.

Yeah, I can see how Isreal is the major threat to wolrd peace and all, as it has to daily struggle just to keep its children from being ripped to shreds by those kind, peaceful neighbors of theirs. Yup, bad Jews. No Bagels for you.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Yeah, I can see how Isreal is the major threat to wolrd peace and all, as it has to daily struggle just to keep its children from being ripped to shreds by those kind, peaceful neighbors of theirs. Yup, bad Jews. No Bagels for you.

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment TC.

By moving the conversation from Israel to Jews can we expect you to wield the Anti-Semite insult next?

Or will you leave that for others?

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Though I disagree with the reasons presented behind the statement "Israel the biggest threat to World Peace", I do agree that the statement itself is true.

Not because of anything Israel is or isn't doing, but because this is its destiny...to be the stumbling block, to be a bowl of trembling. This situation, and the apparent unavoidable escalation to something much worse has been foretold for millennia. I do not believe, short of mankind stopping in its tracks (and this would require all peoples involved - Jews, Christians and Muslims) and saying, WAIT, nothing is worth hating a fellow man. Nothing is worth killing a fellow man. I say we hold hands and sing kumbaya and get over all of this. I'd like to see how many are naive to think that that is even within the groups involved in this situation...the unravelling is destined, because mankind is too full of hate and greed and vendetta to avoid it.

Yes, Israel is the biggest threat to World Peace.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 06:49 AM
link   
It's Israel that's the top threat to world peace, not Jewish people. Big difference.

Seeker: You never cease to make me laugh.

"Here's the paradox Jakomo:
IF the Inquisition had been successful, it might have succeeded in eliminating all those (Jews) who practised Judaism. And guess what? There would be no survey/poll to biasly claim that Israel is a threat to the world! "

Although I applaud you for your ability to sidetrack a conversation by finding any historical crimes against Jews (all the way back to the Inquisition on this one, hooray) and spamming us with them, let's keep it to this century at least.

ThomasCrowne: "Yeah, I can see how Isreal is the major threat to wolrd peace and all, as it has to daily struggle just to keep its children from being ripped to shreds by those kind, peaceful neighbors of theirs."

Don't forget their nuclear and biological weapons stockpiles. And to say that they have to struggle daily to keep their children from being "ripped to shreds" by its neighbors is a stretch. A big stretch. Israel has launched more attacks on its neighbors than they have on Israel, by a wide margin.

j

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It's great how so many posts on here have to begin with "I'm not an anti-semite BUT..."

You know what? Most of us reading have been here for a while... I know I've been here for a fair amount of time myself... and quite honestly most of us know where each of you stand. So shove the apologetic bull# and just post. I think we're all past that.

It's gotten to the point that the pre-post disclaimers are longer than the post itself. Don't bother anymore. I've learned to accept that people have different backgrounds and believe different things. Just post your thoughts and forget the "I'm not an anti-semite" or "But my best friend is black" bull#. It insults everyone's intelligence.

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here is website that really gets down and dirty with what is going on in Israel. www.holywar.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">HOLYWAR

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I can't get that site to load but I have learned over the years to be wary of sites with names like holywar, jihad etc. Perhaps if the site comes back up I'll be able to check it out.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Why is every thread turning into religious apocalyptic nonsense? My goodness you would think this board is run by chrisitian fundies.

Bottom line, man is the biggest threat to world peace. Once we realize it's our decision to build or destroy the world the safer and happier we all will become. God gave us freewill and the words of Jesus Christ. Some of you here are contradicting your own beliefs with raptures and anti-christ and Israel. Matt. 5:20-26 is the way Jesus said to handle disputes with neighbors and brothers...and not once does he say do it with murder and war. Which makes you all your own anti-christ for supporting murder and destruction and blaming it on Jesus to suit your own ends and delusions.

and that's as religious as I'll ever get.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I'm honestly surprised only 59% of europeans see Israel as a threat to world peace, given the record list of materially breached UN resolutions, unprovoked attacks on neighbours, slaughtering of palestinian civilians, racist marriage laws, racist land ownership laws, it's WMD arsenal, it's extremist current leadership, and it's perpetual annexion of foreign land.

Just imagine Syria would not sit quietly by while Israel is bombing targets near their capital and instead of asking for an automatically US-vetoed UN Resolution would defend itself from the attack. That would be World War Three.

Hence Israel is, under it's current expansionist far-right rule a potential threat to world peace.

If only 59% percent of Europeans see the sharonist Israel as a threat to world peace, i would say this is a proof of strong philosemitism on part of the europeans.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Just imagine Syria would not sit quietly by while Israel is bombing targets near their capital and instead of asking for an automatically US-vetoed UN Resolution would defend itself from the attack. That would be World War Three.

Just imagine if Israel would not sit quietly while Syria trained and financially supported people who bombed targets near their capital and instead of asking for an automatically EU-vetoed UN resolution would rip Syria a new asshole.

What would that be?

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Djarums: "Just imagine if Israel would not sit quietly while Syria trained and financially supported people who bombed targets near their capital and instead of asking for an automatically EU-vetoed UN resolution would rip Syria a new butthole.

Imagine if Israel didn't intentionally provoke conflict by refusing to abide by UN Resolutions or basic Human Rights. Imagine if Israel tried harder to use DIPLOMATIC AVENUES to resolve its conflicts. Imagine if they were even willing to SIT DOWN at a bargaining table with any of their neighbors.

As you know, I blame Israel for more of the current problems in the Middle East than ANY OTHER COUNTRY.

Why, you ask? Because apparently Israel styles itself as a democracy. Apparently Israel styles itself as a ray of light in the darkness, a great place to live, one of the best countries in the world. Apparently Israel's military is for DEFENSE, not offense.

I see none of these at all. I see them acting as bad and at times WORSE than their neighbors, but then they turn around and try to claim some moral high ground.

Most of Israel's neighbors are undemocratic regimes, so it's more expected that these nations would be guilty of aggression, but as a self-styled democracy, Israel SHOULD be better. They're not.

Somehow Israel manages to be chastised around the world, when in many ways they are the victims. It's not due to anti-semitism, it's due to their whacked out policies.

jakomo

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Israel is not the biggest threat to world peace, but it is the biggest threat to US security. The biggest threat to world peace? Western Civilization.

59% of Europeans cant be wrong? I dont think so, especially when 80% of Europe was gung ho about Hitlers dreams and solutions, and as Seeker has stated, the rise of popularity of Hitlers beliefs and Nazi propoganda over there speaks for itself.

Europeans have a long cruel history of brutalizing Jews for no really good reason. It is European barbarism that paved the way for Zionism.

Europeans have a hard time fessing up to thier own history and mistakes. Oh well, no matter.

Jakomo, While I am sure you can distinguish hatred for Zionists as being different from hatred of Jews, most of my experience in Europe shows that Europeans are anti semetic, period. Statements like "dirty thieving Jews" and "hitler should have finished the job" were quite common over there. Its deplorable. They continue to hate all Jews for the actions of a few.

Western Civilization by its very nature requires war and bloodshed, expansion and imperialism, to survive. Thus, it always has been, and always will be, until its demise, the greatest threat to world peace. That, and of course, militant organized religions, and the Islamic world. If Christianity, Islam, and western civilization all disappeared and were wiped out, then the rest of the worlds 4 or 5 billion people would probably sleep alot easier and probably live in some sort of peace.

But until those threats are removed, world peace shall never happen.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I grew up in Hungary, and anti-Semitism there was pretty rampant. I compare it to racism against blacks in the Southern U.S.. It's ignorance coupled with frustration. Trying to find someone to blame all your troubles on, trying to avoid blaming oneself.

But it's pretty easy to recognize, and just as easy to dismiss. It's usually totally unfounded, and baseless. Dangerous, sometimes, but easy to identify. Hatred and reason don't mix too well.

BUT, to criticize Israel is not inherently anti-Semitic. I wouldn't say either that most of Europe is anti-Semitic, but I haven't lived there for some time.

To say that Israel is the greatest single threat to world peace is pretty accurate, and I'm SURE that a lot of that has to do with Europe's geographical closeness to Israel. If you included North, Central and South America, the US would probably LEAP to the top of the list.

And the fact that the Jewish community is very very insular doesn't help. People fear what they don't know.

j

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Jakomo said:
"Imagine if Israel didn't intentionally provoke conflict by refusing to abide by UN Resolutions or basic Human Rights. Imagine if Israel tried harder to use DIPLOMATIC AVENUES to resolve its conflicts. Imagine if they were even willing to SIT DOWN at a bargaining table with any of their neighbors."

Jakomo...........

Interchange all those "Israel" words with Palestinian and remove "UN Resolutions" to the 1951 Genicide Treaty/Convention...............

You spewage is obvious as is your contempt.......quite obvious.....

Skadi.....
Well said.....especially knowing how you feel pertaining to this subject of Israel, etc.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 5-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Seeker: "You spewage is obvious as is your contempt.......quite obvious....."

Good eye!

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Seeker,

It is my belief that Israels govornment is sick and twisted, but not the Jews themselves. I have known alot of Jews. My best employers have been Jews, they were the most generous and least slave driving. Some of my best friends were Jews. I hate Zionism for many reason, and one of those, is that it really hurts normal ordinary Jews more than anything. Jews themselves take the flak and suffering and abuse for the actions of Zionists. Jews themselves deserve a homeland, unfortunately, because of the actions of the Zionists, thier homeland has been a warzone. Jews had no problems living there for thousands of years.

Had the Zionists not been in control, and the Jews moved to Israel, and the Arabs attacked them, it would be a shut case: Arab aggresion unprovoked. Sadly, it didnt turn out that way.

I still feel that western civilization, as long as it exists, will ensure there will be endless global suffering. Israel is not the biggest threat to world peace. Maybe to US security and mid east stability, but they do not bear the burden alone. People forget about the jihad that the Muslim world has been enthralled with for Eons.

Jakomo, true anti semetism is alive and well and growing in Europe. Criticizing Israel is one thing and perfectly acceptable. but Europens go over the edge with thiers, and it boils down to ancient superstitions and hatred of Jews that still prevails there. Not from the Muslims alone, either. But from your average Euro. Given Europes track record for its treatment of the Jews.......this doesnt bode well. Criticizing Israel is one thing, but whats going on in Europe is a chilling echo of the 1920s and 30s.

In Russia, skinheads put up hateful anti semite placards on synogauges, rigged with explosives. Several jews were killed by the booby traps when trying to remove the placards. Russian skinheads alo went about Moscow and beat the crap out of anyone not white and Russian. Not that much different from the brown shirted SA of the 20s.

This is all part of wonderful "western civilization".

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Zionism was started by a group of jewish people to get a homeland for their people. (if you think it was started to take over the planet please accept my personal assurance that you're a moron).

That said... why was this necessary? Why was it necessary for a group of jews to even desire their own country? Jews live in America. They're fine there. Why did so many of them want to get out of where they were and get their own nation?

The answer is EUROPEANS! There used to be MASSIVE jewish communities in Poland, Germany, Spain, Hungary, Portugal, Italy, France. So what happened? Why did the people there get this sudden need to get the hell out of Europe and get their own homeland? Because they were consistently opressed, killed, broken, beaten, etc. No one gave a #. The governments there didn't help anyone, they didn't protect anyone. They weren't like the saintly Europeans today who stand up for everyone's rights (i say that through vomit).

59% of Europeans think Israel is a threat to world peace? Those same 59% should realize it was the preceding generations in their own homelands who caused this # to begin with.

Spanish Inquisition, holocaust, pograms. You know what? If you were booted out of everywhere you tried to make a life, you'd want to stop the process also. Get your own place, deal with things on your own terms.

The 59% of self righteous european saints should place the blame where it belongs. Their cavemen ancestors who lived in the 1940s and made the jews understand that if they dont stick up for themselves finally, no one else will.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakomo
Don't forget their nuclear and biological weapons stockpiles. And to say that they have to struggle daily to keep their children from being "ripped to shreds" by its neighbors is a stretch. A big stretch. Israel has launched more attacks on its neighbors than they have on Israel, by a wide margin.

Im not aware of any biological weapons the isrealis might have, so please enlighten me?
as for the nukes, can you claim with a straight face that all the arabic/islamic countries/organizations wanting to destroy israel havent tried to get their hands to a nuke?
israelis just got 1 first. and if you cant understand why, then imagine yourself living surrounded by people who want to kill you. wouldnt you care for a gun?

And the attacks on surrounding nations, phoo wie, how about those 4 wars the arabic nations (TOGETHER) launched on israel? but i guess those dont count do they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join