It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IDF finds and destroys massive 1 mile underground Hezbollah bunker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Israeli forces uncovered and destroyed a massive Hezbollah underground bunker.
Was over a mile in length, carved into the mountain!

IDF finds and destroys underground bunker

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
It was "less than a quarter mile from Israel's north-western border" and they didn't know it was there?

If that is true than Israel is becoming a little careless.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I think that the more important part is that the bunker was under the UN post and that the UN "observers" didn't know about it's existance...
It makes me wonder would the new UN force will be interested in noticing that kind of things in the future or are they going to perform as a "strobe lights" just like the UNIFIL was...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZMax
I think that the more important part is that the bunker was under the UN post and that the UN "observers" didn't know about it's existance...

I didn't saw that on that article, I only saw that it was "located very close to a UN observer post", and that doesn't mean nothing, it could be closer to Israel's border or it could be 10 metres from the UN post.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   

He noted that the base was located very close to a UN observer post, and suggested that its construction, including numerous "shooting positions of poured concrete," should have raised suspicions.

The Un knew what Hezbollah was doing.........but so did Israel but Israel was in no position to do anything about. This whole UN peacekeeping force is confusing me. If the first 2,000 just sat in Lebanon and did nothing how will 15,00 be any different?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
The Un knew what Hezbollah was doing.........but so did Israel but Israel was in no position to do anything about.

They could have used it as it is being used now. Maybe then they could have looked less as the "bad guys".

This whole UN peacekeeping force is confusing me. If the first 2,000 just sat in Lebanon and did nothing how will 15,00 be any different?

They will need more chairs...

I would like to know how the UN forces are chosen for the different places where they are deployed. If they rely only on the countries that offer themselves then there is always the possibility of hidden interests.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:46 PM
link   
~~ what i'm wondering about is

how does Israel IDF get away with destroying anything on Lebanon soil
after there is a 'cease-fire' in effect....

It should be in the juristiction of Lebanon or perhaps the UN as 'peacekeepers'
to determine if anything needs destroyed.

confiscate or impound weapons & ordinance & turn in over to the UN as evidence
but i just can't see how the Israeli de-construction engineers can unilaterally
destroy what might be termed a mile-long bunker
(if it isn't actually a defensive shelter meant to eventually house the homeless Lebanese ~including Hezbollah~ with a view that Israel would eventually bomb civilian subdivisions and infrastructure all around S. Lebanon)

As They Did...To The Utmost

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

how does Israel IDF get away with destroying anything on Lebanon soil
after there is a 'cease-fire' in effect....

That was my question as well. Of course, Israel are still doing plenty to damage to Lebanon, and it's inhabitants. Here is a thread I started to show just one way in which this is still going on. Judging by the amount of responses, no one gives a toss.

[edit on 28/8/06 by Implosion]

new topics

top topics

join