It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnated Into Yourself?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:02 AM
link   
So, if when we die, would it be possible to be reincarnated into who we were before we died? Instead of coming back as a whole new person could someone come back as themself? Like your coming back and living as the same person but everything else is different: your family, your friends, where you live. Your still the same person that you were in the previous life but everything else is different. Could this possibly happen?

-tts

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Goodness that's an odd thought,

something I don't think I have ever thought of,

Would be interesting to find out though if there is any theory's on this,

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
mmmm an interesting theory,but does it require 3 posts to reply,Sala?

Seriously though imagine coming back as yourself but in a totally different time/place,Could be fun.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   

mmmm an interesting theory,but does it require 3 posts to reply,Sala?

Lol well removed them now,
odd that ha-ha

I guess it really is something to ponder, Like what if I was Very rich, but still me now, would I look far more jazzed up, my attitude?

I guess if there's any cases of people believing this has happened to them would be to look at past photos of the other people,

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   
This certainly is an interesting idea. I've never thought about it before. I suppose it could be possible. I've never heard of anything like this occuring before but then again, you'd have to do some research. I've heard that ascended beings (those who have ascended to a higher spiritual plane) taking the same human form that they had before. But then again, I've never actually met anyone who could attest to that fact so who knows for sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
That would be lovely. If I thought it were possible, I would certainly look into it.

Let me explain. When you're reincarnated, if your family is different, your friends, your birthplace, you're not the same person. Your personality develops based on what you experience. If you have a dfferent family, your body will differ, your genetic make up, your culture. This would offer you a whole new experience. Aside from the fact you woudl be in an infants body. If you emerged full grown, I would pity your mommie!

Now, if by "be the same person" you mean, retain your memory...I came close. My first word(s) were "Hi Jeff, Hi Wendy." in an adults voice. (though I did not speak for several months after that, and when I did, it was in a child's voice)I recall them carrying me about, getting bathed in a sink, hating the feeling of helplessness, and weakness. However, at some point, my adult conciousness began to fade more and more. I believe around the time I was 2-3 all of that would be lost to me.

Would it be possible to maintain your total memories, your old personality? Certainly any personality you managed to hold on to would suffer significant change, having to endure the process of growth all over again. How about your memories? It would take tremendous focus and power, and maintaining that all through childhood would be very difficult. If maintaining your memory is what you meant by "being reborn as me" then, I could see that as vaguely possible. But, again, maintaining so much would be very difficult. Bits and pieces I could see as possible. I would lean more towards "recovering" you old personality/memory once you've matured a bit. That seems to be less difficult, though by no means simple.

What I would LOVE to do, is figure out how to reincarnate into the same body, and restore it's youth and vigor. Hence why I'm to be in an above ground coffin, without being embalmed. Let's test the theory!

All jokes aside. It depends by what you mean, by being yourself. Full body/full memory/full personality, memory/personality, memory.

Again, the higher up the scale, the more difficult the feat involved. Regaining memory/personality traits being the easiest possible route.

Shawn

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
At least it would give creedence to the idea that people with the same name all act alike (because they are reincarnated under the same name
).

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
This topic makes me think of experiencing deja-vu...

Perhaps we are constantly reincarnated back into ourselves, with slight variations occuring every time, until whatever is done is done and we stop reincarnating.

That would go a long way towards explaining the feeling I get when having deja-vu...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
It depends by what you mean, by being yourself. Full body/full memory/full personality, memory/personality, memory.

When I first posted I was mostly ment like you said here:

Originally posted by TheGreySwordsman
What I would LOVE to do, is figure out how to reincarnate into the same body, and restore it's youth and vigor.

Being reincarnated into the same body. I now thinking more any combination of those (Body/memory/personality).

I do think it's possible to bring memories from past lives into a present life. It's somehow tranfers (the memories) from one body to the next.

I was just thinking recently if it would be able to use the same body we did from our previous life. If somehow it could be duplicated.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Interesting Question!

Sounds like a wonderful concept!

If the only problems we were experiencing in our previous life were related to our decisions, and not any physical attributes - it think it is highly likely.

Kind of like getting a new engine in a classic car! The body is still workable, just needs the mechanics overhauled.

Makes perfect sense to me, and if the memories of your previous life were regulated to your subconcious - it might help you avoid the same mistakes in the next go around!

Wonderful question! Hope it's an actual possibility!

[edit on 28-8-2006 by GENERAL EYES]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I read the thread again and thought I should point something out. I think "Being reincarnated into the same body" could be took as two different things.

First:

Originally posted by The_Truth_Seeker
I was just thinking recently if it would be able to use the same body we did from our previous life. If somehow it could be duplicated.

Here I mean you've died, your body has been buried, you are then reincarnated. The body you are in now is the same as the one that was buried. It is like a clone of your previous body, the exact same.

Second:

Originally posted by GENERAL EYES
Kind of like getting a new engine in a classic car! The body is still workable, just needs the mechanics overhauled.

The second is just as GENERAL EYES said.
You've died. The body is still good. If the body is still good could it be giving a new "soul"? Could you be reincarnated into it?

So I guess it could go either way.

-tts

[edit on 28-8-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Providing you're able to maintain memory/personality, and providing you have a body that is perfectly capable of supporting life (ie, everything works, can start up, no requirement for life is missing), then certainly, you'd be able to reincarnate in that form. You can choose the family you're born into, the circumstances. I've managed to reclaim that much knowledge of the subject.

Even maintaining memory/experience would be a tremendous asset as far as spiritual growth goes. You wouldn't need to waste all that time catching up.

I wouldn't spend too much time thinking about putting a new soul in a body. That's going off into a whole new direction.

If in your travels you ever figure it out, post it! I'm sure there are people here who'd like to.

Good luck.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by TheGreySwordsman]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The Dali Lama does just want you are pondering. You must be able to recognize objects you previously owned(as a test to see if its true).

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The_Truth_Seeker

I was thinking of the logistics of being reincarnated into myself. You know same same. If theoretically time is all running concurrent. That would make my grand mother 28 years old and the year is 1954.that is if she was reincarnated into herself immediately after dieing. I still will not have been been born for another 19years giving me only 19 mor years to live now..

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm fully aware that this is an ancient thread. Let me take a crack at this.If, hypothetically, it happens as you described, I think that the moment you were officially dead (barring resuscitation) you would be back in the womb. You would have no memories, so you could make many different choice with many different outcomes. You might even be stillborn! Being reborn so many times would create some types of multi verseish reality ripping consequences since you would sire different or have none at all EVERY TIME, which would in turn create the same problem for them and there children and so on. I could go into a lot of detail, but I think this is enough for now. Great thread.
edit on 20160614 by ChildOfLoki because: Added awareness

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I would immediately question: "Why would you?"

With a universe of almost endless posibilities, why choose this cesspool again? Imagine you end up half way around the world in a drought stricken country only to live two years then die as a baby from thirst.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The_Truth_Seeker
if you really seek the truth then accept there is no such thing as reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Yes, you come back as yourself every time bc, that is you. Not sure if that makes sense or not. You cannot reincarnate into your actual same body that died bc well then...that just means you never died.

When you die and you are on the other side, you get to pick your next life (not everyone does but...) you choose your parents and you are well...YOU when you come back. Very similar bodies, very similar lives, etc. Whatever you are doing right this second, chances are, you were doing in a past life.

We also travel in "soul" groups so everyone who is in your life now will be in your next life (not the same relation tho, for example your past husband could be your future life brother). But this is true down to the person you let cut in front of you during traffic was probably the same person you let cut in line in a past life at the grocery store.

Its actually quite simple, everything is the same, that is why history repeats itself a lot. You are spit back into an earthsuit to right your past wrongs, you have that choice.

As far as reincarnating in different parts of the world...YES, WE DO! I wish we could remember the different places and times, that would be cool.

edit on 16-6-2016 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I very much believe in reincarnation and think for the most part we do come back as the same personality - you might look very different but would retain many of the same traits and talents - which would explain child prodigies who can play an instrument or paint without ever having training in this life.

But I think unfair advantages are curbed with random bodies as well as the necessary amnesia of other incarnations. Imagine if it were taken as common knowledge that we definitely reincarnate and retain all of our memories. If we were royalty in a past life, we could gain unfair advantage by claiming the throne in the next life by stating only things the deceased king knew. Also if we were rich and powerful in one life we'd definitely leave bread crumbs (passwords, hidden treasure) for our next incarnation to find and thus would have an unfair advantage in a system designed to allow many different experiences in lifetimes.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 04:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: The_Truth_Seeker
So, if when we die, would it be possible to be reincarnated into who we were before we died? Instead of coming back as a whole new person could someone come back as themself? Like your coming back and living as the same person but everything else is different: your family, your friends, where you live. Your still the same person that you were in the previous life but everything else is different. Could this possibly happen?

-tts

I've thought of this myself, that perhaps we are reincarnated into ourselves again, which is why we get Deja Vu. I had a dream once, i was standing ontop of an emerald book and below me were 12 pages. As i looked down, i could see each page represented a version of myself. I was the last version. I knew instinctively i was on my last life and that i would simply awaken from my dream after this life passed.

This place is Subliminal, it's not real. We will see it fade and it will haunt us no more.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join