It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exotic Cop Cars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Due to the fact that law enforcement can now confiscate cars for certain offenses, some police departments have some spiffy new and unusual rides.

It should be noted that the Albuquerque Police and Bernalillo County Sheriffs Office both had a several Camaros to use on the interstate to catch speeders. I'm not sure if those are still in use or not. Concerns were raised when Chevy discontinued the car.

I think this unit is used mostly for display at certain events for young people, as I've never seen it on the interstates.

Got one in your area? Post a picture:

[edit on 2006/8/28 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Grady,

Chevy Camaro actually produced a "Police Interceptor" model with the corvette power train and over sized frame and brake system, increased cooling unit and roll cage specifically for pursuit use, as did Ford Mustang.

Just FYI

Semper

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:11 AM
link   
That's interesting to know. I suspected that the Camaros were factory purchased, but I didn't know that there was an "Interceptor" package, but it doesn't surprise me. I have seen the Mustangs in other jurisdictions.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
[quoted photo of original image removed]

Grady, did they confiscate the car from "Corvette Summer" and paint it white?

[edit on 28-8-2006 by ben91069]

[edit on 8/28/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The italians do it with real style!

www.wreckedexotics.com...

as do us brits!

www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk...

the frightningly quick cossy...

www.motoringpicturelibrary.com...

the Germans are pretty fly as well...

www.industryfigure.com...

waltsgermanautohaus.tripod.com...

Regards.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Yes we Germans have a good and fast police force

I think it's a 911?

or this older version:

regards
dc

Cug

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
How about a factory police spec Lamborghini Gallardo? or maybe you like the Porsche 911 Carrera S better? Another 911

How about a vintage Jaguar Police car? or a not so vintage one?

Another I'd hate to see in my rearview mirror

::Edit::
Well shoot! I posted too slow.

[edit on 8/28/2006 by Cug]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
The county I live in has a Corvette.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've said this before and I'll say it again, the Charleston Police Department has a 1972 Chevy Nova two-door that they now use for a show car. They used to have that thing bust the drag racers here, but since the drag racing has basically stopped here, it's just used for show. Same with Kanawha County's '74 Chevelle four door, used for show.

As for the IROC Dodge Daytonas that the State Police had. None exist now because almost all of them were wrecked at sometime during their tenure.

1987 IROC Daytona

I also forgot that they did have some Camaro Z28s also.

(Smacks self on forehead, "Knew I forgot something)

St. Albans Police Department's 1985 Chevrolet Camaro DARE Unit.

God our Troopers can't drive............

[edit on 12/14/2006 by gimmefootball400]

[edit on 12/14/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I've said this before and I'll say it again, the Charleston Police Department has a 1972 Chevy Nova two-door that they now use for a show car. They used to have that thing bust the drag racers here, but since the drag racing has basically stopped here, it's just used for show. Same with Kanawha County's '74 Chevelle four door, used for show.

HOW!?! Toronto has something like 15,000 illegal street races a year...

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Funny I was reading this page JOHNNY JET and shortly afterwards I see this thread.

The meanest cop around.

Our first stop was Chicago. Cousin Dennis was kind enough to pick us up, and we drove 40 minutes to the North Shore where he lives. Near his town I noticed this sweet police car. Dennis said he knew the cop, and I should take a picture. He pulled over, I jumped out and snapped the picture. When I got back in the car I said, “Your friend was looking at me like I had a gun, not a camera.” Dennis said, "Oh, he's not my friend. I just know him because he’s one of the meanest cops around. He's so mean he would give his grandma a ticket for jaywalking." Good ol' cousin Dennis, always messing with me.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

Easy, The City of Charleston decided to crackdown on the racers. They tried to stop them with the Crown Vics and other cars that they had at their disposal at the time, but those cars were proven to be too slow for it. Then they got this Nova, put a 502 in it and started busting them one race at a time.

When those people saw that the police had a car as fast as their's, they stopped drag racing.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We tried that. We have many many interceptors and they just look at them as a "Hazard".... I almost got hit by one of these jokers the other week... The news was interviewing a couple of these aholes a few months ago and they just see it as some sort of game. Even the fact that they can get criminal jail time now for street racing doesn't deter them.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Unfortunately, to those idiots, it's all just a game. That is until someone looses their life because of this 'game'.

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The Chevrolet Camaro Z28 was an option from the factory called the "B4C" option. If you own a camaro, look in your glove box for the RPO codes located on a small sticker with about 50 3 digit codes on it. For example a code line may look like this.

B4C GU4 G80 Z28

B4C-Police Interceptor Package
GU4-3.42 Rear End
G80-Locking Differential Rear End
Z28-Performance Package (this is why we call the Z28, the Z28.) The same goes for the Trans Am WS6 package..its just an RPO code

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Mostly Highway patrol around here have the "exotic" cars.

I did see a police cruiser with some rims though...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
This Dodge HEMI is pretty awesome looking.

Not really exotic, but hey...

posted on Feb, 15 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
over here in yonkers, new york, the police cars are pretty cool looking...

of course, they're no match for that dodge hemi zed

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000

I don't know how or if you are at all involved in the scene, but it's been rather dead for quite sometime. As of about 2 years cops began to show up on race nights and literally kicking everybody out then ticketing people for mods done to their cars.

The races that you see now are just something that happens while people are driving about, there are very few organized meets now. What a shame...

The most exotic car that we have in Canada for a cruiser would probably be this

[edit on 7-3-2007 by InSanE1]

[edit on 7-3-2007 by InSanE1]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Install NOS in all there brand new Nissan's. That an old concept. Remember back in the 80's when cops started driving mustangs. CSI guys all drive Humvee's right. I saw it on CSI, CSI Miami, NY,

You know what's funny...when i googled exotic cop cars the first 5 sites to come up were ATS and BTS.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Royal76]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join