It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mars-Iran Connection??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:02 AM
link   

This artificial-appearing feature shares a striking, if superficial, resemblance to the Face on Mars as revealed in its entirety by the Mars Global Surveyor. Note the highly symmetrical base "platform" and tapered "chin."

I found this pretty weird! The similarity of the formations on Mars and- hold your breath-Iran!! Pretty striking to say the least. This could be pure imagination. BUT what if it isn't?

The 'face' found in Iran

Courtesy Mactonnies
Image copyright © 1998 Oriental Institute, University of Chicago

And this on Mars

Courtesy Enterprise mission

More....
www.mactonnies.com...

According to astrology, Mars is a planet of war, of domination. Do you see a connection here? Darn, I think I've had a peg too many!!

[edit on 28-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Wot's the history behind the face-like structure in Iran?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Honestly the only resemblance I see between the two is
being big useless mounds of dirt.

I honestly don't see a face in either of them.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
That's why I mentioned the pictures as 'formations'. They bear a resemblance to one another, or so I think.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Honestly the only resemblance I see between the two is
being big useless mounds of dirt.

I honestly don't see a face in either of them.

I can see the face in the Enterprise picture... it could just as easily be nothing at all but to me, it does look like a giant, erroded face... or what used to be a face. It looks like the right half of it collapsed.

As for the Iranian picture, I don't see the face....but I see similarities between it and the Enterprise photo.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:49 AM
link   
dude,
any chance we can have some google earth co-ordinates for this mound?

I find it interesting in that we have a 'mound' on mars, and one one earth where the ancients including the sumerians roamed - launch pads perhaps?

Any how cheers for the pics, and an interesting topic to pursue.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
yeah this is soooo interesting. good to see that people are spending their time with educated discussions like 'Hey this mound of dirt looks like that mound of dirt' OMG CONSPIRACY!

thanks for giving conspirators a good name. Keep up the good work guys.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Apparantly this is just one of hundreds of "tepes" that exist on that area.

A "tepe" is an dirt mound made by the accumulation of the remainings of the previous dirt house built on that place.

Here you can see a different view of that mound.

As for the coordinates, maybe contacting the Oriental Institute, those photos are from their archives, in this case from this expedition.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Okay, so if this Iranian mound is just a 'tepe' then it looks VERY similar to the 'face' on Mars.... maybe the 'face' isn't a face, but a 'tepe'?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
With our present knowledge it could even be an ant-hill.

But if this is the only mound on Mars of that type, than I find it even less likely to be something like this (a 'tepe') than if there were many mounds like that on Mars.

[edit on 28/8/2006 by ArMaP]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I feel like the last point is an interesting one, about a possible 'tepe' on Mars.

The question, I guess, is what kinds of geological and/or artificial structures erode into that kind of shape. It really comes down to whether or not there aren't natural formations that wouldn't wear down the same way.

If one could demonstrate reasons why natural processes are unlikely to erode to form the mound (not erode to form a face, as that is circumspect) then you might be on to something. Or, if you found that that kind of structure is very commonly a result of human habitation, then the key would be to look for similar nearby structures to the "Face on Mars! (tm) " to see if there isn't some kind of largely pattern of habitation.

i've seen pictures of the larger region where that claim is made, but I would love to see how recognized aerial anthropolgy views the sight compared to its surroundings.

Not saying I believe the face stuff, just talking about basic methods of inquiry into the subject.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I agree Ecto to me both images look like naturally formed geology,just on different planets.
Is that really so strange?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Possibly the Iran site is a burial mound.

Cahokia Virtual Site Tour
www.cahokiamounds.com...

Satellite View of Cahokia Mounds.
Taken April 7, 1988.

www.cahokiamounds.com...

It looks like someone used the Iran mound for target practice.

[edit on 28-8-2006 by SIRR1]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

According to astrology, Mars is a planet of war, of domination. Do you see a connection here?

No I don't see a connection? Are you implying Iran is a country of war and domination?

You should love your country, but avoid becoming so nationalistic that you can't see the bias in your own writing. The USA is at war with 2 countries at the moment. Iran is at war with no one.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I cant see anything but a dirt mound with a few cracks in it, prehaps im looking at it wrong, but thats all i see...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I can't say for sure if I think that the 'face' is truly an artificially created face. But it definately resembles on... and the fact that the left and right sides of the face seem to be fairly parallel.... are parallel lines a common occurence in nature?

Many of us are familiar with Hoagland's pictures... the glass tower on the mood etc. Anyways, Hoagland is promising some sort of picture or series of pictures that is supposedly going to blow away the 'face' and everything when compared to them... something that he says even skeptics won't be able to deny because it's so apparent and astonishing. Sometime this fall he's supposedly releasing these pictures and he's making some pretty big promises.... he says this picture/pictures is irrefutable proof that a civilization once inhabited the Moon.

I think Hoagland makes a lot of leaps and assumptions... but I'm sorta anxious to see what he's got tucked away that's supposed to have such significance.... he does some good work and I respect him so while I'll take whatever he has with a grain of salt, I really do wonder if he's made some sort of huge discovery on the Moon.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scramjet76

According to astrology, Mars is a planet of war, of domination. Do you see a connection here?

No I don't see a connection? Are you implying Iran is a country of war and domination?

You should love your country, but avoid becoming so nationalistic that you can't see the bias in your own writing. The USA is at war with 2 countries at the moment. Iran is at war with no one.

You don't? OK, I never meant to impinge on anyone's sentiments.

But recall the endless war with Iraq, the Iranian 'revolution', the present vice like grip of the fundamentalist clerics, the hardline President who's vowed to wipe a fellow UN member off the map and now the UN resolutions being thrown out of the window! Afterall Iran needs nuclear weapons to 'defend' itself against a nuclear Israel. Minimum strategic deterence you can call it.

So back to the point. Now is there a connection with Mars??

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   

But recall the endless war with Iraq, the Iranian 'revolution', the present vice like grip of the fundamentalist clerics, the hardline President who's vowed to wipe a fellow UN member off the map and now the UN resolutions being thrown out of the window! Afterall Iran needs nuclear weapons to 'defend' itself against a nuclear Israel. Minimum strategic deterence you can call it.

So they don't follow a few UN resolutions and that makes them a nation of war and domination? It makes them a bit defiant but not a nation of war. I'm sorry you can't bring up past wars to bolster your argument. Otherwise I'll say that the USA was involved in the Korean War, Vietnam, etc.
Face it, the USA is a nation of war and dominance. They are trying to dominate the UN security counsel. I love my country and feel fortunate to live here, yet I'm objective enough to see what's going on here. Given the posture of our gov't, I can hardly blame Iran for wanting a nuke or 2 as a deterent. That's not to say that I agree with fundamentalist clerics who control their populations thru religious brainwashing.... but hey who am I to say what's right and wrong.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:30 PM
link   
PEACE!!

I ain't an American! So why in the name of the Ayatollah should I be talking like this?

Agreed every nation has its own geo-political and national interests to pursue. But for God's sake a President of a country should be more cautious whilst making public statements about wiping another sovereign country off the map.

So is it the 'Mars Effect' that forces the powers that be, to make such agressive statements?

So back to the point: Is there a connection??

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Of course I'm making aggressive statements!! I'm American and I like war and dominance.

Well they are interesting pics anyways...

But I'm not sure how Mars and Iran fit into the Alien & UFO section

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join