It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal Gear Solid 4

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by The Big O

i tried doing Zero kills
but i always end up cutting someones throat at the start when i attempt to knock them out (i am aiming for Zero alerts and zero kills)

Chaffs are good against those small robots

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
i tried doing Zero kills
but i always end up cutting someones throat at the start when i attempt to knock them out (i am aiming for Zero alerts and zero kills)

Chaffs are good against those small robots

Ahh...the mini gekko. Hate those things. I'll try the chaffes when I get to them.

I've just completed the first act with no kills or alerts. I just tranq the heck out of everyone.

The secret. Save A LOT! Every checkpoint. I get an alert, boom reset. I kill someone on accident, boom reset.

Basically, you can get through the whole first act until you get to the Mk. 2 by only choking out one guy. At least that's how I did it. If you're worried about slicing a throat, just unequip the knife.

I had the biggest pain in the butt with the final battle last night. Took me a few times before I got the controls down. I wish it played more like street fighter 2.

[edit on 22-6-2008 by The Big O]

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I forgot about this thread... since I don't have a ps3 I have to settle for playing it at my friend's house.

We just finished act 3 (I think). It's really a cool game but perhaps a bit easy?? You can just lie on the ground at 75-85% camo and a soldier will walk right up to you and not notice you lying there.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

do big boss extreme
and then come back and say its easy

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Good point. I'm assuming he has it on the normal difficulty setting.

It's a great game though. Just got through with the cut scene where liquid kicks snake's butt and then performs some God-like tricks on all those troops. I think Snake's getting too old for this.

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i cant kill vamp!!!!
its driving me nuts, yes i know kill him then stand behind him grab him with r1 then have siringe equiped and hit trianle. but it doesnt work, snake just grabs him from behind then rotates him around and pushes him with the gun and then i get pimp slapped with the blade. its driving me nuking futs!

posted on Sep, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
nevermind that, im still the man

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

Lol I'm just reading this now...

I hope you beat the game LT.....

[edit on 28-9-2008 by Scramjet76]

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

yup beat the game! a few weeks ago, i cried, i laughed and i yelled at the tv! all in the name of gaming.. moved on and beat uncharted drakes fortune, and now im playing the all mighty fallout 3! very cool game.

R.I.P metal gear.

oh by the way, Kojima the maker of metal gear is working with infinity ward (makers of Call of duty 4) on a first person shooter.. daaaaang.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

oh by the way, Kojima the maker of metal gear is working with infinity ward (makers of Call of duty 4) on a first person shooter.. daaaaang.

That is great news. I was a bit late to the COD4 frenzy. Although I got burned out on it a little I still play a few matches a day.

It's just a great game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join