It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my brush with death

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:55 AM
link   
have you ever had a brush with death? feel free to share them here. heres myne.

so its summer time nice day to go for a bike. i decide to go really fast down this big hill. after i cross the road seperating the sidewalk and ride on the sidewalk on the other side, the back tire of my bike decides to come off and sends me flying like a hyjacked plane into the sidewalk. lucky for me i stuck my hands out and ended up with nothing more than bloddied hands and a few scrapes and bruises. oh and the bikes front tire landed on my back and continued rolling a few meters untill it hit a tree. good thing i keep in shape or else it could have hurt alot more.

theres my two cents. lets hear yours!

[edit on 28-8-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I used to practice moto X in a friends quarry, i had been riding round a course i had marked out all day (with a friend keeping track of my times).

i was doing a lap that i knew was a lot quicker than anything i had done all day and came into the final fast left hand turn sideways (trying to keep the speed up)

i drifted far to wide in 5 gear (80 mph+) and hit a 2 ft boulder side on, this sent me and the bike flipping through the air and i came to rest in a pile of rubble just as i tried to get up the bike (which had been sent 20 ft in the air) landed on me.

I dont remember that bit and woke up a couple of minutes later with an ambulance on the way.

6 broken vertabrae in the base of my spine with severe muscle damage.
broken Jaw (2 places)
dislocated left shoulder
fractured chest plate
2 cracked ribs
severe cuts and bruises all round.

The doc's said that if the bike had gained a bit more height i would have been looking at a snapped spine and it was only because i worked out so much that my back muscles had prevented this.

It took 6 months before i could get on a bike again and as soon as i did i lost control coming over a jump (another rider hit me) and i flew off the course and landed in a tree at the side of the circuit, once again damaging my back.

I had no choice but to stop doing moto X, which absolutley gutted me.

Within a year i was back riding but on road circuits:-

2 broken wrists,
1 broken ankle,
re dislocated shoulder,
re fractured jaw (3 fooking times)
further back damage

finally made me retire at 21 and turn to cars lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Once i was in Ireland, I was 4-5 ish, I was only there to see my Dads Family, as we have neatly no contact, as my dad died when i was 4. And my uncle took me to this place where they have bulls, and i was on my own there and a bull came running towards me and just before it hit me, my uncle pull me over a gate, and i was safe

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I was in the sea on a holiday in SE france and i passed out while up to my neck in water, I went under and if it was not for my sister (Oni xx ) i would have died,

she saw me go under and ran through the water to hold my head out of the water, even though she was engulfed with water her self, she just jept jumping up to get air,

Again Thank you sister xxx

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I was 12 years old and holidaying with my parents in Wales, we had a small cottage in the middle of no where. We'd gone walking for the day and came across a waterfall which fed into the river rydol (spelling??) which we thought we could cross as it was only about 4 foot wide, the water was fast moving but there were clumps of moss and grass. When it was my turn to cross, the lump of moss I decided to jump on to gave way sending me 30 odd feet down the water fall in to a pool of water only about a foot or so deep. luckily I landed on my ass and not my head and got away with a brusied backside. lol

Asala, Give Oni a hug from me, she deserves it!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Still to this day it scares me to think what would of happened if i wasn't there.

I don't know whether this is classed as a near death experience but Asala and I were at the local Hypermarket (Asda).
And through out the time we where at asda this man followed us up and down the aisles. We thought nothing of it but when we left asda he left as well.

Asala got worried at this point, and she wanted to see if her suspicions where true, so she got me to go to the cashpoint to see if he was following me, and to our horror he followed me. Holding his coat pocket. Asala then called me back and i ran like the clappers back to her (i was about 7yr old).

Asala pretended to speak to our dad and he walked off, and we where walking home. Unfortunately he was taking the same route as us home, lucky he didn't see Asala or me, but this large black man walked past him and walked towards us.

He said to us " girls are you walking up the alley". Obviously we said yes because it was the only way to get home and he said " try and find another route because the man in front has a knife and looks like he is on drugs because he was talking to himself".

We got scared then and lucky this man was nice enough to walks us back to our street. That isn't a near death it is a 'What if' story. Scared the hell out of me still to this day.

Oni x x

PS: just came to me, i have a near death experience. When i was 3 i lived in the high raised flats and there are meant to be children locks on the windows. I lived on the 14th floor.
I cannot remember but was always told by my older family members, they where in the kitchen and my dad thought ' where the hell is she'

He came into the front room and looked at the window i was hanging out of the window balancing on my belly. I lived on the 14th floor.

Oni x x

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a man put a gun to my head and pulled the trigger.
The gun misfired, so here I am.

But I must say, life is better now than it ever was before.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Early morning Jan 1st 2000. I was a passenger in a friends car coming home from a free party we had played at. The car was an old banger when we started, it got considerably worse. My friend managed to roll it several times, and we ended up upside down in a hedge. Another 25 metres up the road and we would have rolled into a big stone wall and neither of us would still be around. On the up side, the adrenaline rush was the most intense rush i have ever experienced, and the 3 mile walk we had to endure cross country with heavy record boxes passed by practically unnoticed. One thing is for sure, I'll always remember the dawning of the new millenium.

posted on Aug, 30 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
When I was like 17 I was driving with my mom as a passenger and she fell asleep then I fell asleep at the wheel. We almost ran head on into a concrete barrier at an overpass bridge, but somehow my mother woke up just beforehand and started screaming. I woke up and slammed on the brakes, turned the car and spun out on the bridge totalling my car, but luckly on this otherwise busy highway no cars were near me at the time to hit, I just span around hitting the concrete. My mom says she thinks an angel woke her up.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I've had several that could be considered brushes with death, but the most terrible and horrifying and......... was in Russia. I was 6. I always have hung out with older people, dunno why, anyway, I had a friend named Andrey who was about 11 or 12. We were walking through a field near a forest looking for snakes. There were several streams. One stream led to a huge hole full of water in the land. I don't remember, but it was probably about 2 meters across and who knows how deep. I walked by it. And the land under my feet collapsed. I don't know how it happened. I don't know how to explain it. But I moved my feet and hands IMMEDIETLY!!! Up down, side to side. I didn't know hot to swim then. It was until I was like 9 when I learned to swim. And SOMEHOW miraciously I stayed afloat. I don't know how to explain it. I knew I was gonna die. It was absolutely horrifying. But all the same, I somehow managed to stay afloat until (like 5 secons later, by then if I hadn't stayed afloat I would've drowned) Andrey grabbed my hand and pulled me out. I don't fear death now. I know it can come at any moment-must do as much as possible, be the best I can till I die. Do something important, special, etc. In Russia, I heard many stories of kids drowning. My aunt's friend's son drowned, also at age 6. I can't even imagine the look at my grandparents' faces when I came back to the Datcha, all wet and shaking of fear. Datz my most notable brush with death.

On a sad note, one of my coworkers' son died after a car crash. He was as old as me, 17. How horrible and sad.

top topics

join