It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Futures...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have been thinking a lot lately, about all the possible futures I see before us and even though I used to arrogantly assume that things will go the way I foresee, I have learned from experience that the world is much more complex place, which to a certain extent, defy's prediction by a single individual.

My idea is this. Let's all get our heads together and come up with several "Scenario's" we see emerging in the next 10, 20, 50, and 100 year timeframes. These basic scenarios should come with predictions as to how the Geopolitical landscape will look like, how society and culture is dealing with the new landscape and how far Sci/tech has advanced in the various timeframes(as well as their significant impact on society in gerenal).

After that, lets get an informal vote going on to see what people reading this will think is the most likely(perhaps a blogger can setup the vote or something like that), and then after all is said and done, let the floodgates of debate and discussion flow(hopefully).

It would be interesting(and entertaining) to see the emerging possiblities ATSers see coming up in the 21st Century.

I'll be bumping this post ever y other day to keep this going on for as long as possible.

Just one other thing, please refrain from arguing for or against certain scenarios, let the votes do the talking.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by sardion2000]

new topics

join