It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Conversion Forced on Fox Journalist's for Freedom!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
After a coerced conversion to Islam, and a two week long ordeal for the missing journalist's, the kidnapping of the reporter and cameraman have come to an end, with the release of the two, much to the relief of family members who made plea's for their safe release days earlier.

english.ohmynews.com

Two Fox News journalists kidnapped in Gaza City were freed after nearly two weeks in captivity.

American reporter Steve Centanni, 60, and cameraman Olaf Wiig, 35, were released at Gaza City's Beach Hotel Sunday, where they were rushed upstairs before appearing later at the hotel with Palestinian Prime Minister Ismail Haniyeh and Wiig's wife, former BBC presenter Anita McNaught, who had made several public appeals for the pair's release, including to Prime Minister Haniyeh himself in person.

A video released earlier showed the two making various pronouncement including an apparent statement of conversion by Centanni to Islam. He explained after his release that he felt coerced into making the statements, as his captors wielded firearms.

A previously unknown group calling itself the "Holy Jihad Brigades" had claimed responsibility for the kidnapping, but senior Palestinian security officials said the name was merely a front for local militants whose identities were known to Palestinian authorities. The group had demanded the release of unspecified Muslim prisoners within 72 hours, a demand the U.S. officially rejected. The deadline passed before news of the release became available.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After a tense two week period the kidnapping ends in a forced conversion to Islam, just what the kidnappers accomplished through this flamboyant incident remains to be seen. The question of how the opponents of radical Islam will use this incident also is up in the air, those who claim Isalm is a peaceful religion have a tougher defence of their position after this.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
sfgate.com

[edit on 27-8-2006 by UM_Gazz]

[edit on 27-8-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I dont believe anyone can be converted just *like that*

If this is true, i'm sure they went thru the motions to save themselves, and nothing more. What on earth would be the purpose of this? Who benefits? This is absurd.
I think its just a steaming pile.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't think they really converted, they just agreed with whatever the guys that had the guns said.

Anyway, certainly not a hallmark of a peaceful religion.

edit:

dg, there's a tape of the so called conversion.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont believe anyone can be converted just *like that*

Well it seems there captors thought so. And more to the point this shows, at least, what that terrorist groop wants. It is not the first time in history things like this have happened. It is really sad, that with all we have acomplished there are still people that want to live in the dark ages.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I don't think they really converted, they just agreed with whatever the guys that had the guns said.

Anyway, certainly not a hallmark of a peaceful religion.

Neither is the Lord's Resistance Army, but then again, people should be able to differentiate between crazy fringe groups and the main body of religion. By the way, Islam means "submission" not "peace." Muslims don't turn the other cheek when oppressed, they fight against injustice. And as noble as that may sound, it's easy to see how fringe groups can get confused and go to the extreme. It happens with all religions...christianity, jewish, hindus, etc.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

By the way, Islam means "submission" not "peace."

You will be assimilated -- resistance is futile...

You will learn to love and practice my peaceful religion -- or else !!!

HA!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Double Helix

Originally posted by Jamuhn
By the way, Islam means "submission" not "peace."

You will be assimilated -- resistance is futile...

As in submission to the will of Allah. You would be familiar with that concept if you are familiar with any form of deism.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What if the Christians and Jews started forcing people at gun point to convert to their religion??

we would have a world wide mess!!!

[edit on 27-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
sentineal, the Christians already did that. I mean, what exactly did you think happen when the Europeans discovered this side of the world? Not to mention the things that went on in Africa. Yes indeed, Christianity has had an unfortunate past in the field of "missionary work".

At least the journalist is free at last, and safe.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Can you really force someone to believe something, I mean does the fact that your staring down the barrel of an automatic weapon have the ability to change the way you view things?? Being put in that position might possibly change your thinking..........

I guess if steve centanni starts wearing a turbin we'll know that his conversion was real.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I dont believe it can be done. Someone could be sticking me with electrified wires while telling me "Allah is great" and i would be saying whatever the heck they wanted me to say under the worse conditions just to get out of the mess. Those two reporters dont strike me as weaklings. I feel badly they were submitted to that, they probably thought they were going to die...But they didnt and they are free and i'm sure they will recover from the trauma. I'm sure my will isnt any stronger than theirs.
If i think my life is in danger, i will play along and do as i'm told (I hope) that's the only way to stay alive. This is what they did.

There's something "fishy" about this story, anyway. I dont get what benefit this kidnapping group would get by converting two westeners....Maybe i'm missing something here....

Who benefits???

The Jihadists?
I have my suspicions about this abduction.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_sentinal

The question of how the opponents of radical Islam will use this incident also is up in the air, those who claim Isalm is a peaceful religion have a tougher defence of their position after this.

Sentinal

Islam is not a peaceful religion. It never was and it never will be. Anyone who can't see this has never read the koran. I started reading it back in 1998 at the advise of a friend of mine who has degrees in history and religion. He is an older man and he is very well educated. I took his advice and read the koran and I was shocked at the intolerance, hate, contradiction and down right evil contained in the book. He told me that he believed horrible things were going to happen at the hand of those people and he was right. Everything that is seen in recent headlines is done because the koran commands them to do it.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   

I guess if steve centanni starts wearing a turbin we'll know that his conversion was real.

Kinda shoddy PS work, but I just couldn't resist!

[edit on 8/27/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77

Kinda shoddy PS work, but I just couldn't resist!

Dude, you gotta fix that picture so we can see it ........

I gotta see that one

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
OK

I'll choke if i dont say this.

Does anyone think this may have been some kind of government operated broohaha like i do??? It just doesnt sound like the MO of these jihadists to be playing "Lets convert these westeners into Muslims" kind of stuff to me.

AND who benefits from WHAT?

The only benefit i see here is just a two-week disruption and fill ins between the packages left at Miami International, or the end of the world stuff and the boogeyman loose all over the world.

Is anyone else confused??

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
sentineal, the Christians already did that. I mean, what exactly did you think happen when the Europeans discovered this side of the world? Not to mention the things that went on in Africa. Yes indeed, Christianity has had an unfortunate past in the field of "missionary work".

and so did the muslims
the only difference is we no longer practice what is known as "conversion by the sword" and I have said it a MILLION FRIGGIN TIMES in countless threads and it finally takes an event like this to prove me right.

Muslims STILL convert "by the sword" THUS they are RADICAL!

I will also say this, that there are people out there that would rather convert to Islam and appease these terrorists than use any moral standing or free will of their own. (please note I am NOT reffering to the "conversion" of these men in captivity that is a completely understandable situation)

I am willing to predict a group of people and I wont say who, will suddenly anounce their conversion to Islam in the hopes of ending the terrorism.

bet on it!

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by War_Monger

Islam is not a peaceful religion. It never was and it never will be. Anyone who can't see this has never read the koran. I started reading it back in 1998 at the advise of a friend of mine who has degrees in history and religion. He is an older man and he is very well educated. I took his advice and read the koran and I was shocked at the intolerance, hate, contradiction and down right evil contained in the book. He told me that he believed horrible things were going to happen at the hand of those people and he was right. Everything that is seen in recent headlines is done because the koran commands them to do it.

were you aware that muslims themselves believe that Satan himself sneaked passages into the Koran, but of course, were later corrected?

I think they need to correct the entire book

[edit on 27-8-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by War_MongerAnyone who can't see this has never read the koran. I started reading it back in 1998 at the advise of a friend of mine who has degrees in history and religion.

Do you have any examples from the Qur'an? Because frankly I think you are lying.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
OK

I'll choke if i dont say this.

Does anyone think this may have been some kind of government operated broohaha like i do??? It just doesnt sound like the MO of these jihadists to be playing "Lets convert these westeners into Muslims" kind of stuff to me.

AND who benefits from WHAT?

The only benefit i see here is just a two-week disruption and fill ins between the packages left at Miami International, or the end of the world stuff and the boogeyman loose all over the world.

Is anyone else confused??

The group responsible was not previously know by anyone nor did it have any ties to any known militant group so I would say that yea, the possibility does have some merit coupled with the facts. very fishy<

[edit on 27-8-2006 by the_sentinal]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:38 AM
link   

The group responsible was not previously know by anyone nor did it have any ties to any known militant group so I would say that yea, the possibility does have some merit coupled with the facts. very fishy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join