It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Helicopter Hovered My House Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
For about the third time in the last several months, I have had a helicopter hovering over my house and, very obviously, circling my property. The last time it looked to be a law enforcement craft, today it was apparently military. It hovered my property for a good three minutes and I just managed to get my camera battery charged enough to get a few pictures before it moved on.

Can any of you guys tell me what kind of chopper that is and what the protrusion might be in the front there?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No idea what type of helicopter it is. That thing in the front is maybe an infra-red device or some type of aerial anal probe. Hopefully the first. Seriously...I'd take all kinds of pictures of it, as your doing, and flag them down. That should give them something to think about. Do you live near a military base ?

brill

[edit on 27-8-2006 by brill]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's an MH-60 Pavehawk. That's the refueling probe. A modified C-130 extends a basket behind the wing and the helicopter plugs into it in flight and takes on fuel to give it longer range.

MH-60:

Refueling in flight (different helicopter same principle/system):

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Well, Twitchy, i'd go up on your roof and right quick display an American flag and maybe a picture or two of Bush.....

Do you live in a single house?

Please keep us up to date on this.....:shk: Maybe i'm just being paranoid

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
It's an MH-60 Pavehawk. That's the refueling probe. A modified C-130 extends a basket behind the wing and the helicopter plugs into it in flight and takes on fuel to give it longer range.

MH-60:

Refueling in flight (different helicopter same principle/system):

You'd better watch out if your not a patriot...,Its probably on a training mission of some kind.
Why should it be watching you?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   
those kind of helicopters search for pot, as pot leaves give off alot of heat, they use infered cameras to search for them in the woods.

If they hover over ur house all the time, you better smoke that quickly lol

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The civilian ones do. The MH-60 is used for Special Operations. They're probably doing some kind of training. They MAY be working with DEA or someone though. We used to occasionally get RF-4 Phantoms with cameras in the nose out to Hawaii. They'd fly over the Big Island looking for pot.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I get lots of helicoppters over my house too. My dad use to piolit them. Few times they where people he new but, most of the time he had no idea why they where flying over our house.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
The last time it looked to be a law enforcement craft, today it was apparently military.

Perhaps you have been upgraded on the terrorist watch list. Before you know it you will be on a secret flight headed to eastern europe.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Twitchy,
You don't happen to have any good looking girls who sunbathe nude or topless in your neighborhood, do you? That would probably explain the helicopter.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Twitchy,
You don't happen to have any good looking girls who sunbathe nude or topless in your neighborhood, do you? That would probably explain the helicopter.

No I married the only pretty one and she was at work when this one showed up.
MH-60 Pavehawk looks to be about right, zaphod, I looked it up and it's used by'special operations'?
I wouldn't make a big deal out of it normally but this seems to be becomming a regular thing and they seem to be interested in my home spefically and seem to split everytime I get the camera out. Last year we had an extremely low F-18 that looked to be pickling the house, and so far this year this helicopter will make the third that has circled around above our house, and then moved on.
If it's DEA you'd think they would eventually move on, I'm not growing much of anything except a weeded up vegetable garden. I do have about 10 pounds of Vaseline Glass though that I am using for my glass blowing, would that perhaps pique their interest?
Not sure if I live near any Military Airfields, I'm in the Asheville, NC area. I have heard that we are near 'snowbird' flight path or some such but I don't know much about it and it doesn't seem like it would be related since these guys are hovering and circling here.

Edit:
I mentioned this one before (post id: 2186854) but it was a black and white, assumably local law enforcement, that one was just barely over the tree tops and was circling my house for a good five to eight minutes or more. The time after that was another Military Chopper looked to be the same kind that I saw today.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by twitchy]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
There could be any number of reasons why. Training, the MH-60s are also used for Search and Rescue, they could be working with the police/DEA/who knows.... There are a lot of military bases here in the Carolinas that have them based here. The USAF has a unit of them around here somewhere IIRC, and I BELIEVE that the Army does as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I hate to be a party pooper but I don't think that the helicopter in Twitchy's picture is an MH-60. The aft fuselage curls in too tight and the tail boom isn't proportioned the same as an MH-60. The area around the tail rotor isn't bulky like on the -60.

When I was a helicopter crewman several of our routes took us past some of the Colleges in Florida. Several times you could see girls nude sunbathing on the roofs of some of the dorms. Good binoculars were a must. Hence my previous post.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That's an MH-60. I'm positive it is. Nothing else has the fuselage shape like that, and no civillian helicopter has a refueling probe. I suppose it COULD be the rescue version, which is like the HH-60, but it's definately a Blackhawk modification. I'm 100% positive of that. It might just be the angle it's at that makes you think it's not.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I've never measured it's output with a geiger counter but just off-hand, do you think 10-12 lbs. of Vaseline Glass would show up on some kind of radioactivity monitoring? I get alot of odd air traffic that seems to center on my house and it got me to wondering if it might be the glass stirring them up sure enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It would have to be a pretty significant amount of radiation for them to even notice it, and a geiger counter isn't standard on most helicopters. At least not civilian ones, not sure about the MH-60, unless it's on a mission looking for sources. I suspect there's just something in the area you're not aware of that has them coming over. Like Jimc said, some group of girls or something.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by In nothing we trust
Perhaps you have been upgraded on the terrorist watch list. Before you know it you will be on a secret flight headed to eastern europe.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by In nothing we trust]

...hey wait...
Im in eastern europe already!

Well twitchy as far as the helicopters perhaps they read your triptamine thread here at ATS and they are trying to psyche you out. Who knows, I wouldnt let it bother you though.

Once a helicopter flew out here where I live in the middle of no-where (when Bush was in Hungary), perhaps he wanted to make a house call but didnt have time.

Peace

Dalen

[edit on 11-9-2006 by dAlen]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I'd recommending going outside and waving at it sometime.

SMILE. Let them know you're a fun loving American.

I was on the coastline in California and one of those blakc militayr helicopters flew by me while I was standing on the cliffs...I waved....he waved back, oddly enough.

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla

I think we found the reason why twitchy has a helo over his house

Sporty

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
those kind of helicopters search for pot, as pot leaves give off alot of heat, they use infered cameras to search for them in the woods.

It's not the marijuana that gives off heat, it's the 1000's of watts of grow lights that are used to grow indoors.

If you they're flying over the woods, they're looking for plots of land that have several plants.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join