It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you found out the Mason's weren't evil

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
Thanks ML.
But don't they kill you (or something like that) if you reveal their secrets? Maybe he simply doesn't want to die.

Mechang- if you are an adult I couldn't see why in thw world your father would say he wouldn't talk about it.

I can't get my dad to shut up sometimes when he rambles

Is he quiet in other subjects as well. It's starnge cause I have heard this so many times that so and so quit or was dying but he refused to say why the crafy is so bad- I mean if your on your deathbed do you really think you are in the right mind to refuse to talk about something???

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Thanks ML.
But don't they kill you (or something like that) if you reveal their secrets? Maybe he simply doesn't want to die.

LOL

If I've been killed for the amount of 'secrets' I've revealed I'm afraid I didn't notice.

Perhaps I'm a zombie?

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Trinityman...
I agree 100%. I would have been better off joining before I came here.

But then again maybe coming here saved me.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig
Mechang- if you are an adult I couldn't see why in thw world your father would say he wouldn't talk about it.

Dad's friend.

You too huh? Love my dad, but sometimes...

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by corsig

Dad's friend.

You too huh? Love my dad, but sometimes...

OK so your dad's friend said he didn't want to talk about it- that sounds like a brother conflict where he might be mad at someone at the lodge. That can happen when you get a bunch of different people together.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Well, if it makes any difference, Masonry isn't any more secret than any other fraternity. Actually, it's less so, as its members are always writing books about it, whereas other fraternities generally do not publish much about themselves.

I agree, we often talk about pike, hall and a few select others, but there have been soooo many masonic writers.. almost as if it was a rite of passage as a mason in the 17 and 1800s to write for or of the order.. they are without a doubt the most unsecretive secret society to hold the label.

during the release of the Da vinci code film, national geographic aired several documentary on the masons and the templar... one of the gentlemen from the order, i wanna say a curator from DC... said the masons arent a secret society, but rather a society with secrets. and i belive the warden of the grand lodge of new york said something to the same effect on an episode of goodmorning america around the same time when they were covering secret societies, including the masons and opus dei

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Thanks ML.
But don't they kill you (or something like that) if you reveal their secrets?

lol, no. But they will give you a really mean wedgie!

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Maybe he is deathly afraid of getting a wedgie.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I once told my wife what we were haveing for dinner at the lodge. And the member found out!! not only did I get a weggie I got one heck of a swrilly.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good_Fellow
I once told my wife what we were haveing for dinner at the lodge. And the member found out!! not only did I get a weggie I got one heck of a swrilly.

As well as getting the really smallest and burnedest piece of steak at the dinner.

Ya know... What continually amazes me about these anti- and quasi-anti-masons threads is the number of people who are afraid to do their own investigating, or are afraid to use their own heads.

The local masonic lodge is inoffensive enough that it ought to be worth the price of admission to go and find out for yourself. I always thought that we human beings were supposed to be able to think for ourselves, and make decisions that would either better or worsen our condition based on the God given free will thang... With the exception of dolphins and most chimpanzees, who appear to be smarter than many of the people who post pure second-hand, at best, drivel about something they haven't the gumption to get from behind the keyboard and go explore for themselves. (Phewee... That was a loooooong sentence)

But seriously ... Instead of taking a number, getting in line, and waiting to be called to come to ATS and post stuff that makes no sense to most people (Masonic and non-Masonic, alike), go and do some investigating. Talk to some Masons (other than the Dad's friend who won't discuss it. who might just think itsnunayabusiness), get a general feeling for where it comes from and what it's about, and what the men are about who are members.

That, frankly, seems simple enough to me... But whadoeyeno? And regarding the initial point of the thread, I would go on, just as I do now, thinking and doing as I will with my God given Free Will Thang.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join