It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this really weird?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with you. Matter of fact, you are quite intelligent. I wish I had been smarter and not married when I was 18! :bnghd: I was married for 20 yrs and was unhappy most of that time. Live your life and have fun. Plenty of time to be in relationships or get married. Go to school and work on getting a good job. Save your money so when it does happen you won't have to struggle and live pay check to pay check. You can even buy a house and pay your car off, and what woman would not love to meet a man that has a plan.
Don't let it worry you about being a virgin. You will know when you meet the one meant for you. It will be wonderful and special. The reason there are so many abused children and unhappy marriages is because too many were just in lust and married or had children. When you do fall in love, it will take your breath away.
I have been divorced for a long time. I am glad I didn't marry again, because when I do, it will be the last time. Too many out there just looking for fun and games. But when I do meet him, there will be no doubt. Oh, and just so you know, your love life is not over even in your 50's. In fact its better than you could ever believe! Kids are grown and out of the house most likely and you are free to plan dates and have fun.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashnoth
I have a question for all of you. Am I the only one that has absolutely no desire to be in a relationship? It's really weird and none of my friends can understand it. They always say how I should get a girlfriend, but really there is nothing about having one that appeals to me in any way. What do you think?

Never allow a friend to tell you when you are ready or not as this does not make you weird as I believe it takes time and it's not about anyones timing but your own. You will know when you meet a young lady that you will desire to get to know better and spend more time with. All people are unique and entitled to be themselves without being labeled:-)

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I feel that way... Actually though, I think my feelings are due to a mental issue. My psychologist almost labeled me with Schizoid personality disorder. They generally have no desire to have any kind of relationship at all with others.

Also, in my case, I think my feelings may also be due to being single for so long... I have just gotten to the point to where I don't even care anymore. :shk:

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by krax
Mate its ok, i feel exactly the same way, my friends are always giving me mouth about finding a girl, im not the sort of person who goes out looking for a girl, i let one find me.

I hate to say it, but you may be waiting a while. Girls generally, regardless of what anyone says, don't approach the guy.

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately, I probably suffer from this as well

Avoidant Personality Disorder

All of these symptoms certainly apply to me. :shk:

# Is unwilling to get involved with people unless certain of being liked
# Shows restraint within intimate relationships because of the fear of being shamed or ridiculed
# Is preoccupied with being criticized or rejected in social situations
# Is inhibited in new interpersonal situations because of feelings of inadequacy
# Views self as socially inept, personally unappealing, or inferior to others
# Is unusually reluctant to take personal risks or to engage in any new activities because they may prove embarrassing

So, to answer your question, you are not alone in whatever feelings you may be having. Unfortunately, there is no real way to correct these disorders because it has basically, either by ourselves or by others, ingrained into the fabric of our being.

posted on Feb, 8 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
People in relationships thinks it is the greatest thing in the world and will continue to try and change your mind until you die

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join