It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is UFO propulsion system really silent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
All of the sightings reported mention that there was no sound associated with the flying object. What if the sound emitted by the UFO is at a much higher frequency that we simply cannot hear it?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That seems a good answer too. Next time, always bring a sound recorder with you so we can cancel out ambient sounds from UFO sounds. I'm sure the machines would pick something up. :]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hehe good idea but commercial cameras are able to record sound between 15-18khz What the object emits sound 200khz or higher?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ok, let's bring a dog or something. I think they can hear in that range.. They'll yelp. >_>

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
wander if dogs bark for no reason

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Why don't we invent a magnetic bomb or something? Maybe it'll ruin the spacecrafts.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
According to UFO lore, many of them are NOT silent. A lot of them drone or whine.

The few odd things I've been unable to identify, although I have no clue what they were, were mostly too far away to have heard if they'd had jet engines on.

The few upclose ones weren't silent at all. Well, that's not exactly true, at times they were nearly silent and at times they were not. But you always heard something, even if the quieter bits weren't anything you'd quickly associate with an aircraft of some sort.

Maybe the people that hear them aren't listening for that. Do you, for instance, notice engine sounds on distant highways when you're in the country? If you sit in a quiet place and concentrate you can bring them back to awareness. But you're so used to hearing car/truck engines in the distance that you don't HEAR it anymore.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
According to UFO lore, many of them are NOT silent. A lot of them drone or whine.

The few odd things I've been unable to identify, although I have no clue what they were, were mostly too far away to have heard if they'd had jet engines on.

The few upclose ones weren't silent at all. Well, that's not exactly true, at times they were nearly silent and at times they were not. But you always heard something, even if the quieter bits weren't anything you'd quickly associate with an aircraft of some sort.

Maybe the people that hear them aren't listening for that. Do you, for instance, notice engine sounds on distant highways when you're in the country? If you sit in a quiet place and concentrate you can bring them back to awareness. But you're so used to hearing car/truck engines in the distance that you don't HEAR it anymore.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Tom Bedlam]

Elephants use subsonic communication means, we cant hear it but the subsonic waves carry very far. Perhaps the frequency is so high that it just doesn’t carry to a far distance? I wander how far a sound would carry in the 400kmhz range.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Or probably they've got a huge silencer on their exhaust pipe!!

But seriously, they probably work on an antigrav system that produces no noise, only a hum, unlike our comparatively prehistoric chemical based rocket propulsion systems or aircraft engines.

Check out the prototype hydrogen powered vehicles having fuel cells that produce zero emission and practically no sound. We're catching up fast!

Probably in a hundred years we'd graduate to antigrav propulsion too! And then we could cock a snook at those aliens!

[edit on 27-8-2006 by mikesingh]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just saying that a lot of them are said to make sounds, if I remember this right, that are like "a vacuum cleaner with a paperclip caught in the belt", both whiney and rhythmic.

The ones we saw had a sort of burbly hiss to it, that blended in with other normal night sounds if you weren't paying attention to the difference. If you were preoccupied, it was not that noticeable. Until it was pretty dang close.

There was a much louder sound it made when it maneuvered quickly. Much louder.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Lecter... do you ' wander ' or ' wonder ' ? lol spell it right fella...noticed 2 or three times.

It seems you ' wander ' around alot feeling lost....not actually ' wondering ' about the situation and idea's.

Anyway... if our own human ears can't pick up so called ' alien craft, ' it doesn't mean they don't produce any sound, correct. It could well be that we just can't hear the sound produced.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Arawn]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arawn
Lecter... do you ' wander ' or ' wonder ' ? lol spell it right fella...noticed 2 or three times.

It seems you ' wander ' around alot feeling lost....not actually ' wondering ' about the situation and idea's.

Anyway... if our own human ears can't pick up so called ' alien craft, ' it doesn't mean they don't produce any sound, correct. It could well be that we just can't hear the sound produced.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Arawn]

My apologies but english is not my first language.

top topics

join