It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carter 'Disappointed' With Blair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

News 24

London - Former US president Jimmy Carter lashed out at British Prime Minister Tony Blair on Sunday for being "so compliant and subservient" to the Bush administration in Washington.

"I have been surprised and extremely disappointed with Tony Blair's behaviour," Carter told the Sunday Telegraph newspaper as he promoted his new book Faith and Freedom.

"I think that, more than any other person in the world, the prime minister could have had a moderating influence on Washington, and he has not," said the 81-year-old former head of state.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I wish Jimmy Carter would just shut up and go back to the swamp to let the rabbit finish the job. He was the worst president in U.S. history, and perhaps one of the worst heads-of-state in world history. He has no business criticizing anyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Most of the british people would agree with Jimmy carter though, even those of us who were gullable enough to vote Blair in the first time.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77I wish Jimmy Carter would just shut up and go back to the swamp to let the rabbit finish the job. He was the worst president in U.S. history, and perhaps one of the worst heads-of-state in world history.

And yet, despite all your vehemence and hate towards him, the world decided to give him the Nobel Peace Price in 2002.

Jimmy Carter is just another major world figure to add to the list of those who criticize the Bush-Blair team. Even Blair is starting to criticize Bush. And even Bush is starting to criticize himself.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I wish Jimmy Carter would just shut up and go back to the swamp to let the rabbit finish the job. He was the worst president in U.S. history, and perhaps one of the worst heads-of-state in world history. He has no business criticizing anyone.

Simmer down, son.

After all, we know you would never wish George W. Bush would shut up and go back to the swamp when his days of presidency are over, right?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I think post-Presidency Bush will be satisfied that he'll have a cover President to get the job done in Iraq and secure the oil reserves and thus enabling Bush to have filthy billions made off of oil profits in the Middle East.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think if you stack Carter up in a "worst president" contest fifty years from now with Bush, they won't even be on the same page.

Carter never did anything to compare remotely with the damage Bush has done.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Oh yeah. Carter. The guy who was a founding member of the Trilateral Commision, who is an active member of the Council on Foreign relations, a Bilderberger, and an Attendee of the Bohemian grove. Does anyone REALLY believe he is disappointed with anything Blair does? They both are playing on the same team!

He is simply the well placed opposition to make people believe that the world isn't totally controlled by a small network of rich crims. To make people believe that there is some sort of opposition.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

And yet, despite all your vehemence and hate towards him, the world decided to give him the Nobel Peace Price in 2002.

The omission of Ronald Reagan, and inclusion of the likes of Carter, Koffi Annan, the United Nations, Yassir Arafat, Mikhail Gorbachev, makes this award trivial.

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative

Originally posted by Jamuhn

The omission of Ronald Reagan, and inclusion of the likes of Carter, Koffi Annan, the United Nations, Yassir Arafat, Mikhail Gorbachev, makes this award trivial.

This coming from RRConservative which no doubt stands for Ronald Reagan Conservative. Yea, I'm sure the fact that "RR" didn't get the Nobel Peace Prize really busts your balls.

In case you didn't know, the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded for:

"the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity among nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses".

en.wikipedia.org...

It doesn't go to whoever you think was a "cool" US President.

[edit on 4-9-2006 by Jamuhn]

top topics

join