It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muse vocalist Matt Bellamy speaks out about 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Was pleased to read today that Matt Bellamy, singer with my favourite band Muse, has spoken to Scotland's Sunday Mail regarding his doubts about 9/11.

Source

MUSE have cracked America...despite singer Matt Bellamy's outspoken views on George Bush. The fiery British trio have rocketed to No.9 in the US Billboard charts with their great new album, Black Holes And Revelations. But Matt - whose passion for conspiracy theories has inspired their songs - has fired a broadside at wily old Dubya in The White House. He said: "I'm fascinated by conspiracy theories. We're surrounded by them. Are we really supposed to believe that a man in a cave in Afghanistan managed to orchestrate the most unbelievable attack on the United States of all time? I think 9/11 was definitely an inside job done by a group of high-powered people looking for an excuse to invade the Middle East for oil and other natural resources. I think America needed another Pearl Harbor-type event in order to invade Iraq. It gave the US and UK governments the perfect excuse to go to war."

While Muse aren't exactly 'mainstream', they've had huge success in the UK and now seem to be doing well in the U.S.

I hope he mentions this more in interviews as the band's profile continues to grow.

Easy

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is good, but we do need more mainstream artists and celebrities to start speaking out. generally, the people who like Muse are also more likely to be relatively anti-establishment and already receptive to alternative theories.

What we need is more guys like Charlie Sheen, we world-renown actor to speak up.

Like, if we started having top-40 pop singers, country music singers, major TV and Movie stars, and even some mainstream Journalists speak out about it and endorse it, then the masses who consume this media type will follow.

It is not the alternative, underground, or countercultural elements of society that need conversion, its the average joe middle class that needs to hear the message. They posses the numbers and voting credibility to get something done.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
What we need is more guys like Charlie Sheen, the world-renown actor to speak up.

Charlie Sheen -- a world renowned actor? At what point in his career did Charlie Sheen become "world renowned"?

Regardless the truth of 9/11, I wonder how actors and musicians have gained such status as to influence public opinion. Why is it that the people believe an actor, a musician, pop star above others?

If there is a conspiracy to study, it would be the gradual and deliberate elevation of the credibility and "leadership" status of people whose only credential is the ability to sing, play an instrument or emote on cue whist standing in front of an audience or camera.

Of course, these people have a right to their opinions and the right to question reported "reality", as do we all, but aside from these people having access to the media, what makes them the "voices of reason"?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
What we need is more guys like Charlie Sheen, the world-renown actor to speak up.

Charlie Sheen -- a world renowned actor? At what point in his career did Charlie Sheen become "world renowned"?

Regardless the truth of 9/11, I wonder how actors and musicians have gained such status as to influence public opinion. Why is it that the people believe an actor, a musician, pop star above others?

If there is a conspiracy to study, it would be the gradual and deliberate elevation of the credibility and "leadership" status of people whose only credential is the ability to sing, play an instrument or emote on cue whist standing in front of an audience or camera.

Of course, these people have a right to their opinions and the right to question reported "reality", as do we all, but aside from these people having access to the media, what makes them the "voices of reason"?

i AGREE! it's bread and circuses mixed with messianic fever.

however, regarding charlie sheen in particular, the guy did his homework, and was spot on.
he DARED any SCIENTIST or EXPERT to debate with him in an open televised forum, and there were no takers. there were no takers, because charlie would have made mincemeat out of them.

on the other hand, there IS something about 'star quality' which should not be overtly ignored due to 'jealousy'. 'stars' for the most part really do 'light up a room' when they enter, whether they are famous yet, or not. as a metaphysicist(which i'm not really much of), i find that interesting. they are generally quick on their feet in discussions, and that is no small feet.
some, like say, jessica simpson, are literally 'just another pretty face', but others, like say, tim robbins, are passionate deep thinkers.
you have to care about the public to 'need' it to 'love' you.

a complicated, convoluted web of cause and effect, no doubt, with the bottom line being, 'they are no better, or worse, than you or i'.
having celebs come out and speak against the official conspiracy theory is a good way for that idea to spread.

'burning down the house' - talking heads

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Blink 182 Singer Claims 9/11 an Inside Job

We do know that the buildings came down in a fashion extremely similar to a controlled demolition of a building - we do know that expertise that is needed to fly those gigantic planes into that exact location could never have been achieved by someone that just learned how to fly a small plane, said DeLonge."...

"Cheney knew that the planes are coming in and he capped the order to leave it alone so it could hit."...

And another one.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by ThichHeaded]

[edit on 8/27/2006 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Well, by rational standards, none. However, the general public has always been infatuated with movie stars, and consider them gurus and role models on everything. Why do you think companies spend billions every year on celebrity endorsements? The average person will buy Nikes if Michael Jordan tells them to. Its the reality of our media/material/money driven world, like it or not.

Because of this, if you want to get your message across, you use people who are already part of the accepted system. You break into the matrix this society runs on and you use it to help get your messaqge across. Its one reason alternative theories never get much mainstream credibility. They keep trying to get the average person to break off the mainstream and accept sources that arent as cool, glamourus, or well known. Trying to get people to think outside the box is like trying to get cows to riot over beeing injected with steroids.

Thats just the way most people are. The number of independant thinkers is small. If you want the masses on your side, then you gotta get the message out through their own channels.

People, being the base creatures they generally are, are more likely to accept something if Brittney Spears, J. Lo, Shaq, Colin Farrel, ect feed it to them, as opposed to Dr. Jones or some unknown engineer or scientist.

Its simply the way people are, like it or not. You are not gonna change that. So you must ustilize what tools you can to get the message accross.

Ultimately, action and outcome are the most important goals of the truth movement.

top topics

join