It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane crash in Kentucky

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by flycatch
If the aircraft left the runway without sufficient airspeed, it could still remain airborne without stalling. The pilot aware of this situation, would normally lower the angle of attack of the wing and build up sufficient airspeed to the point were aispeed exceeds stall speed. This proceedure works.
This was not an accident. I believe we are whitnessing another coverup.

My Friend...I've been a Comercial Pilot for almost a Dozen Years and No............!
There's no Coverup at All...Unfortunately that Crew entered in what we call in the Pilots World, "The Coffin Corner"»»»

Trying to climb and gain more Height»»» They simply stall with no sufficient speed!

Reducing the AoA(Angle of Attack) and lowering the nose to gain speed»»»Close enough to the Ground, as they were, for sure will be another hole on the Ground!

So...They simply entered on a Trap, that even the "Most Brilliant Pilot in the World", couldnt get it Safe and Living

My Condolences and Sympathies to all the Family and Friends.

Cheers from Portugal

[edit on 29-8-2006 by AngelsDecay]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
from fox news:

Federal Aviation Administration spokeswoman Laura Brown said the air traffic controller union approved the work schedule rules, and the FAA provides information about how to avoid fatigue.

"If they don't believe they're fit for duty, they're supposed to tell us that," Brown said. "You won't be penalized for not reporting for work."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

both comments are bold faced lies.

1. the faa took over scheduling from natca in october of last year. the union no longer has any input as to what the schedules will be.

2. yesterday our facility chief gave us a briefing on the new "contract" forced upon controllers nationwide. i specifically asked the question "is fatigue an allowed reason to utilize sick leave" .....the answer was no. when i then brought up the above comments by ms. brown, the faa spokesperson, the facility chief said "dont listen to her, listen to what i am telling you right now....fatigue is not a reason to take sick leave."

[edit on 1-9-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Flycatch, what you say may be true of an aircraft at altitude but not one taking off. The plane is so close to stall speed and so close to ground you have nothing to work with. You can trade altitude for airspeed and vice versa but in this case they had no altitude to work with. And you can't initiate a climb profile (to clear the obstacles at the end of the runway --- trees, fence, etc.) until you reach the appropriate climbing airspeed. AOA up at that airspeed and they stall and crash. AOA down to gain airspeed at that altitude they hit the ground and crash. They were doomed as soon as they passed their takeoff abort speed.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
They may have tried to utilize the additional lift that ground effect creates to gain additonal speed so they could start a climb.
Not much else they could do after lifting off in ground effect.

I believe the terrain beyond the runway end rises and that they never gained the speed they needed because they were trying to gain altitude while flying up-slope in ground effect.
Pitch attitude may have had to remain as it was at liftoff due to the requirements of the climb required.

As far as the directional indicator goes, it's conceivable they dialed in the direction they thought they were going and used the planes physical directional attitude for reference after it was rolling straight down the runway and centered on the white line.
And not referencing the magnetic compass.

No matter what happened, it's a sad thing.
I feel for family and friends of those who perished.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join