It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Hezbollah Smashed Israeli Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Claim is that Israel is now scared of facing the Lebanese guerillas.

This article in a top British paper describes how Hezbollah has sucessfully managed to destroyed the mighty Israeli military.

Read it for yourself:

August 27, 2006

Humbling of the supertroops shatters Israeli army morale

HUNDREDS of feet below ground in the command bunker of the Israeli air force in Tel Aviv, a crowd of officers gathered to monitor the first day of the war against Hezbollah. It was July 12 and air force jets were about to attack Hezbollah’s military nerve centre in southern Beirut.

Among the officers smoking tensely as they waited for news, was Lieutenant-General Dan Halutz, 58, a daring fighter pilot in the 1973 Arab-Israeli war who had become chief of staff a year earlier and now faced the biggest test of his career.

Over the Mediterranean, west of Beirut, the elite F-15I squadron made its final preparations to strike...

www.timesonline.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The primary reason the Israeli army was "decimated" was because they didnt use the military might at their disposal. I bet the outcome would have been a little different if in say the war's opening days Israel went in with about 150,000 soldiers backed up by tanks and the Air Force. What they did was a VERY limited engagement and they were most definitely holding back. Anyone who doesnt see that needs to lift the towel up a little higher.

[edit on 27-8-2006 by princeofpeace]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

I bet the outcome would have been a little different if in say the war's opening days Israel went in with about 150,000 soldiers backed up by tanks and the Air Force.

here's an article which sheds some light on just Why the IDF did not engage
the Hezbollah as you suggested....

the tanks needed helicopter support & communications (eyes) because the
topography leaves the tanks without massive helicopter support in a dangerous
position.

www.voltairenet.org...
'Israel blames Russian rocket launchers for its setbacks in Lebanon'

----the Merkava tanks got decimated by the RPG-29 weaponry---
particularly the 'tandem' warhead PG-29V designed to kill super-armored tanks

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Actually it seems that Israeli citizens are blaming their own government for the ill planned war in Lebanon.

I guess is more than meet the eye, something is no right in the Israel higher ranks within the government and its military.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The only answer is the civilians.
You can't fight a war if your afraid of killing civilians.

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 02:01 AM
link   
"How Hezbollah Smashed Israeli Army"

Thats a little over exerated dont you think ?,

its really hard for a modern army such as Israel's to combat guerilla fighters, just study history for exsample the Vietnam war. The US hard every weapon imagineable but struggled to stem the Viet Cong cause of there unconventional tactics. This is why guerilla fighters use such tactics because they know its extremely hard modern army's to combat.

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Quite true Helium3, that should also go to show that Israel's loss was not due to restraint. The United States killed between 3.2 and 4 million Vietnamese civilians during that war and still couldnt break the Vietcong. Israel knew this and thankfully didnt add to their woes by needlessly slaughtering vastly more civilians for no increase in objective achievement than they actually did. But just for reference, killing over 1,000 civilians in a little over 3 weeks is hardly restraint.

[edit on 29/8/06 by subz]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
War in all its forms should be outlawed. Its barbaric. Primitive. Against all spiritual laws. Its a shame my fellow man hasnt realized that yet.

Well, actually, Ive met alot of ppl in my short time here, and I can honestly say, I dont think ive ever met a person whos liked war; who thought that war was good. Ive only met people who think war is only stupid, and to be avoided.

Question: why then has the world been overwhelmed by wars for all these centuries. Why? Is it because the human race is just naturally war-like, and will be that way forever? I highly doubt that.

Its because the Elite who run this planet just happen to be of the dark, and who happen to be psychopaths who enjoy death and destruction. You know how us good people take pleasure in seeing good things happen? Well the Elite are the opposite, they take pleasure in seeing bad things happen.

They are pure psychopaths, and want to mold the world around them to match what they are inside, dark and evil. Thats why they do this to us, thats why they create all these wars, and disease, and famine, death, destruction, fear, chaos, negativity, in all its forms. They get pleasure from seeing us suffer, because it makes them feel good about themselves. They are like the insecure bully at school, who only feel secure when they able to exercise fear and control over others.

You know how when we see a bully hit someone, we get angry. But when someone would come and then hit that bully for what he did, wed kind of feel a pleasure from it. "Yea, he got a taste of his own medicine"....well for the Elite, imagine that feeling magnified by 100 and without the goodness behind it.

Yea I am getting into some Psychology here, but its important to understand. Then u can begin to understand why the world has been the way its been.

All these things to you see on your media, and the apparent reasons behind these warlike actions are just there to fool you. They create the chaos. Understand that. They always have.

So instead of getting pulled into the details of the nonsense we are given by our "loving" government, we should look behind the veil and see that this stuff is orchestrated by players behind the scenes, who we never see on our nightly news, or in our newspapers. They are the ones engineering all the terror. They are the ones behind this NWO of total control. They are the ones responsible for the Orwellian World that is being created.

Thats the step higher. Thats what it is to find the trees amongst the forest. Its the way to really understand all that is going on, and why.

[edit on 29-8-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Aug, 29 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
AscendedMaster .. No one may like and cheer for war.. well actually some do, some do really enjoy war.. but for those who are "civilized" by there own standards, no one likes war.

You can talk on and on about the bully, the NWO, all those rich guys who own everything just causing problems to get a little more.. but you look way to far into it.

Way.. way.. to deep.. take a breath and step back, view the whole picture.

Why do we go to war, when no one wants to go to war yet goes to war any ways? Because we are animals. Animals with a special gift of intelligence that allows us to kill even more of our brethren with every passing war. We march to war not for the sake of going to war, though there have been those who did plunder, rape, murder and steal just for the sake of doing such things. We march to war because sometimes we just can't live in the same world as someone we despise so much. That is the only reason, when you get on down to the real true reasons of things, it is our animal instinct to destroy anyone who threatens or annoys us. Much like a kid will beat and push around a smaller child to get a toy, we are no better and that is exactly what and why we do it.

It would be a great and happy over populated infested planet, if all where enlightened to see war is a crime. For thousands upon thousands of years, from the first cave man with a stick to our leaders with nuclear bombs, we carry a tradition. This is the only tradition that has never changed throughout human history, as long as we walked this earth. It is a tradition shared by every culture, whether it is the Europeans, the tribes of Africa, the lands of the Far East, or even the lands no one went to in the Americas before colonised. That tradition is the tradition of using the most extreme, most effective sometimes desperate means necessary to destroy your enemy.

Think of the people you learn about in history class.. you learn of the greatest military leaders of our race. You learn about the men who led the armies that murdered and pillaged millions of innocent people. You learn about the men who could create the strongest empire through the dirtiest means necessary. You learn about immoral men, corrupt men, men who had no regard for human life, men who burned villages to the ground. We idolize the men who kill. You do not hear about the peace protesters, those who stood up against wars. You learn about warriors.

Ending war, as great as that may be, is a much harder task then killing. While I hope for the best of us in the future, that everyone gets the chance to live a full happy life, I know I would be lying to my self to think that possible. There will always be injustice, poverty, disease, tyranny and war. Those five things are the traditions of our species.

new topics

top topics

join