It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pistol hunting?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I have not had the privelege of shooting the .45 Auto Rim. I am aware of this cartridge but it is not common around here nor are the firearms by which to shoot it.

Plenty of .45 ACPs available around here however. I own a Colt Government and this Tarus Tracker in .45ACP. The Colt has been worked to tighten up the slide. Group Gripper and semi match barrel bushing. Eventually I will get the beavertail modification for it and different grips. No rush. It shoots very good groups but not like the Tracker. I actually shoot the revolver more than the Auto for the simple reason it is more accurate and also I dont have to chase the brass all over the range. I just eject the spent brass into a olde coffee can. This is also why for the most part I prefer bolt actions in rifles. I dont have to chase my brass all over the range. I just slowly eject the brass in a controlled manner onto the shooting bench.
Semi Autos tend to throw the brass all over the place.

Glad I never bought a HK 91..this rifle will throw the brass far away into the next "County." Amazing!!!
No disrespect intended to the HK 91 however..fine rifle.

THanks,
Orangetom

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Try midway for the brass and I think cabellas caries it also.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join