It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is up with weapons?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
LESS PRECISE? In bombing? Do you have NO IDEA about what's involved in targeting and guidance? How the hell do you say less precise?

posted on Sep, 10 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Less percise in that they cant completley direct the explosion after the bomb is dropped. I know dropping the bomb is very precise but, controlling the effects are not so precise.

[edit on 10-9-2006 by halfmask]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by halfmask
I have a question that has been bugging me. I hope someone could help me shead the light. What is up with the lack of weapon advancment or use of more advanced weapons? U.S. keeps bombing with good old missiles. The strongest missile is the almighty nuclear bomb. They works well for destroying a certian area. The target is terrist groups. The problem is the target isn't an area it is people. The U.S. drops bomb(s) and destroys the area with the terrists and also hits allies. Weapons have become more powerfull but, less precise. Why arn't they using long rang snipers from radar jaming plains with theromal vison scopes and what not? Can some one please help me answer this. If this has been posted before I apolgies.
(P.S. This is my first thread please be forgiving.)

since when has hitting civilians and allies ever mattered to the US military lol

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join