It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katherine Harris is at it Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:32 PM
link   
First it was the 2000 election certification, then it was Miracle Water, now US Representative and candidate for US Senate Katherine Harris is finding it necessary to have her staff "clarify comments" she made about separation of church and state in an interview she gave for a recent issue of Florida Baptist Witness, a weekly journal put out by the Florida Baptist State Convention.

Separation of church and state is "a lie we have been told," Harris said in the interview, published Thursday, saying separating religion and politics is "wrong because God is the one who chooses our rulers."

The Republican candidate for U.S. Senate also said that if Christians are not elected, politicians will "legislate sin," including abortion and gay marriage.

link

I'm going to quote myself here now from the Miracle Water thread, please forgive me the indulgence.

I don't have anything against her as a person or women in politics in general, but with her track record, she should just give it up or quit while she's ahead or something.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I like Canada. Religon was banned out of parliament a long time ago. Not that I have a thing against religon but, if God is real didn't he put us on earth with free will and what not. I think he intended for us to make our own desicions.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Exactly. We can't help but do His work, but it is done through us, by the choices we make of our own free will. Free will is God's will.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Let's just hope she doesn't make it past the Primary this time and that will be the end of that.

If the voters let her slip into the next general election, I really hope some of the people who put her there explain why, because I just can't fathom it.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Aug, 28 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's certainly not looking like she's going to make it through the primary. She is having serious shortfalls in campaign contributions and making wild statements about funding the campaign herself (though not following through so far).

Link

Now, five months later, Republican operatives and political watchers say the Harris campaign may have seen the last of her personal resources. They doubt she will put more money into a race almost no one expects her to win.

"She might as well put (the money) in the middle of the street and light a match," said Pat Roberts, a Republican lobbyist and longtime Harris friend.

Her latest campaign reports, released Friday, show she has raised $4.8 million and that she did not give herself any more money in the latest reporting period. She has about $2.2 million in the bank, while the incumbent, Sen. Bill Nelson, has more than $12 million.

I think we can stop worrying about this one.

[edit on 8/28/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Wow, I couldn't have called that any more wrong. I am a little stunned, but short of another race (where the following example would not discount what happened I would have had to seriously considering just how badly these elections may not be for real.)

Results

Senate
Republican Primary Votes Percent
Collins Jr., LeRoy (REP) 135,898 15%

Harris , Katherine (REP)
447,980 50%

McBride , William "Will" (REP) 272,514
30%

Monroe , Peter (REP) 47,844
6%

Here's where we keep blowing it for the American people in my opinion. You can only split a vote so many ways before you water down the true sentiment enough for the person you are voting against to have the votes split so many ways they are going to take it.

The parties have got to stop splitting the challenges into so many candidates. All it does is water down the vote. Such a shame they can't come to a meeting of the minds, at least in important races to offer just two choices. I really consider this a serious problem for affecting change when it is needed.

[edit on 9/6/2006 by Relentless]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Watching the ongoing train wreck that has been the Harris campaign (she's now on her third set of campaign staff) has been very amusing. I think that she's facing a bit of an uphil climb against her Democratic opponent. I think that the last poll put Nelson about 40 points in front. Bit of a steep hill there.

new topics

top topics

join