It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli attack on Reuters goes from accusations to missiles strikes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   

GAZA CITY, Gaza (AP) -- Two missiles fired by Israeli aircraft early Sunday morning hit an armored car belonging to the Reuters news agency, moderately wounding two television cameramen and three bystanders, Palestinian witnesses and hospital officials said.

www.cnn.com...

Let me guess, they were aming for the Green Hat Man.

It is a well known fact that jeurnalists are literally hunted down and ambused by IDF snipers, thus the need for armored cars. So what is a news agency to do when the escalation to the need for an armored car is met by a Hellfire launched from an Apache?

I guess these days, in order to report issues on Israel anews agency will need to hire an army of mercinaries with air support.

I can see it already, a new generation of jeurnalism. Something like "motorised active reporter detachment" with armor, artillery and CAS support.

"This is sound engeneer Tom reporing live from my mashine gun nest!"

What days we live in.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by iskander]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I dont blame them....if you read this thread, you can see why they were attacked

zombietime.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I dont blame them....if you read this thread, you can see why they were attacked

zombietime.com...

Yeah thats really hilarious. Good reason for hitting innocents too.

Why would you think that its funny? Its pretty pitiful that they have no regard for any human life. They are becoming like Mad Dogs and your laughing at it as a couple of pictures that were enhanced should be good enough reason for them being attacked is outrageous.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 08:21 PM
link   
POP I have been on this board for a while and you are now the second person I have ignored. Reason: Zero compassion in all your replies. I do not have to agree with you, I know. But laughing about innocent people dying is called the last straw. Good bye and good luck.
AAC

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Im laughing because half the stuff you guys get so worked up about is bogus! Folks are so caught up in what "conspiracies" can be cooked up to explain every possible event when in reality, most things are what they are.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Im laughing because half the stuff you guys get so worked up about is bogus! Folks are so caught up in what "conspiracies" can be cooked up to explain every possible event when in reality, most things are what they are.

I never heard a more closed minded thing in my life.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
A "conspriracy" is any time two or more people choose to take a course of action covertly. Most of human history has been largely shaped by "conspiracies", from the death of Julius Caesar to the formation of the Nazi Party...

Far from odd, conspiracies are the rule rather than the exception.

Unless you are naive enough to think the power players in business and politics got there by openly disclosing every course of action they take.

In which case, you are beyond my best efforts.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I dont blame them....if you read this thread, you can see why they were attacked.

Wrong, the accusations are manufactured.

Read here;

www.counterpunch.org...

Then jump right on this thread, it's all there.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

AnAbsoluteCreation, SteveR good job guys.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You will never come to any conclusions about anything in life if you take that approach. You obviously dont believe in anything and are falling for everything.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You will never come to any conclusions about anything in life if you take that approach. You obviously dont believe in anything and are falling for everything.

Your undoing is complete. Time to move on.

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
LOL! SteveR, great reply.

princeofpeace sounds like he's in an occult of some sort.

"My son, logic is flawed by its need for self justification, accept was is told to you with out questioning its intent, and then you shall be free of troubled thoughts..."

Kind of like that.

Let's predict how the Hezbollywood crowd will play out the Reuters attack;

"Those conniving propagandist Reuters liars were collaboration with Hezbollah! They got what they deserved! What else did they expect? When you take an interview from the enemy, you ARE the enemy! If you're not with us, you're a legitimate target, and will be strafed, bombed, and targeted for precision missile attacks anywhere in the world!"

Then we can expect the scenario like this:

"What did those humanitarian workers expect? When you feed and heal the enemy you ARE the enemy! Red cross or no red cross."

Or;

"What did those UN jokers expect? UN is not a valid organization even though Israel was legitimized by UN, but hey, we don;'t need them now, so if UN stands in our way, they ARE the enemy!"

On a individual level, it actually sound a lot like;

"What did she expect? All that cleavage hanging out, and that short skirt? Flaunting it all around..." You get the drift.

And finally;

"What does the world expect? If they don't like us bombing whom ever and when ever we want, they are the enemy!"

Bush's if you're not with us you're against us thing taking its course.

Wow, how civilized is that?

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
israel needs to honor the cease fire. everyday it seems is either more bombs or gunfights. attacking news agencies doesnt help the pr campaign

new topics

top topics

join