It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arabic/Islamic funding by the US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a friend sent me this in an e-mail and as i was reading it i thought i should repost it here:
This oughta upset everybody:

How they vote in the United Nations:

Below are the actual voting records of various Arabic/Islamic States which are recorded in both the US State Department and United Nations records:

Kuwait votes against the United States 67% of the time

Qatar votes against the United States 67% of the time

Morocco votes against the United States 70% of the time

United Arab Emirates votes against the U. S. 70% of the time.

Jordan votes against the United States 71% of the time.

Tunisia votes against the United States 71% of the time.

Saudi Arabia votes against the United States 73% of the time.

Yemen votes against the United States 74% of the time.

Algeria votes against the United States 74% of the time.

Oman votes against the United States 74% of the time.

Sudan votes against the United States 75% of the time.

Pakistan votes against the Unit ed States 75% of the time.

Libya votes against the United States 76% of the time.

Egypt votes against the United States 79% of the time.

Lebanon votes against the United States 80% of the time.

India votes against the United States 81% of the time.

Syria votes against the United States 84% of the time.

Mauritania votes against the Un ited States 87% of the time.

U S Foreign Aid to those that hate us:

Egypt, for example, after voting 79% of the time against the United States, still receives $2 billion annually in US Foreign Aid.

Jordan votes 71% against the United States

And receives $192,814,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

Pakistan votes 75% against the United States

Receives $6,721,000 annually in US Foreign Aid.

India vo tes 81% against the United States

Receives $143,699,000 annually

Perhaps it is time to get out of the UN and give the tax savings back to the American workers who are having to skimp and sacrifice to pay the taxes (and gasoline) ...

that is messed up...
-GTB

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
even allies half of the time don't vote for the U.S.

Country | Times Voted With U.S. | Times Voted Against U.S. | % of Votes Against U.S.
Australia | 33 26 44%
Canada | 31 32 51%
Israel | 56 7 11%
Japan | 26 36 58%
United Kingdom | 40 27 40%
France | 36 31 46%

so that means Arabic country's vote 20% times against the U.S. than their own allies

--

source www.snopes.com...

So it isn't just the Arab/Islamic states who consistently vote against the U.S. in the United Nations — pretty much the rest of the world does, too.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by hankyone]

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Dunno, maybe this says more about the US than it does about these other countries.

Or to put it another way - 75% of the planet thinks the US is 75% nuts 75% of the time

Maybe they're onto something...

[edit on 8/26/06 by xmotex]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I guess it depends what they're voting against? The UN has always been a 3rd world forum to bash the US whenever possible. Though, at times we give them pretty good reasons to.

I didn't know India was considered Arab/Muslim? Always thought they were majority Hindu.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is ludicrous! why are we giving money to countries in the BILLIONS when we are running in the red as far as defecits go?!?!??!?!?!

We need to cut all off all foregin aid to all middle eastern countries!!!!

We need to pay our own bills and give the money back to the tax payers who, as another poster said, struggling to get by.

Giving money away isnt helping us anyway!!!!

THIS IS INSANITY!!!

BTW...India is hindu/buddhist....not muslim (thats why they are at odds with pakistan)

[edit on 27-8-2006 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
We need to cut all off all foregin aid to all middle eastern countries!!!!

Why just Middle Eastern countries?

BTW...India is hindu/buddhist....not muslim (thats why they are at odds with pakistan)

I thought the major reason was Kashmir....

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hankyone
even allies half of the time don't vote for the U.S.

so that means Arabic country's vote 20% times against the U.S. than their own allies

--wow thats sad

source www.snopes.com...

So it isn't just the Arab/Islamic states who consistently vote against the U.S. in the United Nations — pretty much the rest of the world does, too.

[edit on 26-8-2006 by hankyone]

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
dont arabs like own most of the US of A
with billions tied up in stock and other things

example saudi own a large percentage of the US with the billions it has in the US

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The reason is painfully clear. America aside from funding, certainly does not have the arab world's best intrests at heart. Arabic countries are "blessed" with oil, and the strongest west-pro democratic-good guy-americans..cough cough... need to sustain the energy for the future. Thus the U.s siding with the Jewish state *Israel*.
Israel is Americas best chance as disruption in the middle east. America funds Israel, Israel stops taking # from the arab countries.
Now in doing that, the U.s obviously is going to anger alot of muslim countries, seeing as most of them wish Israel to be gone. The muslim world see Israel as enemy of Alah. Sooo, America has certainly got the trust and agenda with Israel, with most of the U.s Aid for Israel going to military.. MILITARY!! You would have to be mad or completly ignorent to think that they can't see the big front for oil wars in the middle east. "WAR ON TERRORISM"---"WEPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION"------"NUCLEAR ENRITCHMENT".. when will it stop. These titles ABOSULTLY create new generations of young angry muslims needing revenge for destroyed infustructure, killed family members, unemployment, .... Whens that aid coming.. huh?
I'm from New zealand. And i honestly feel sorry for you americans, Bush has ruined your good name. I can see why Muslim/Arab countries feel threatend by offensive west countries. All the Aid in the world isn't gonna let the middle east give in to americas oil agenda. Soo, although The East hasn't liked america for a long time, You can see why now, they are fighting back, they have nothing to lose, (aside from #loads of oil) america however, can in no way or form survive in the countries current state, to be depleated in the most essential product in the history of Americana.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
the percentage just shows what typically these countries are goin to do.
The fact that certain countries their dont vote against the US all the time is surprising.

Lebanon votes against the United States 80% of the time.

Syria votes against the United States 84% of the time.

Pakistan votes against the United States 75% of the time.

the fact that the middle eastern countries that the US has reasonably good relationships with (Kuwait,Qatar,UAE,Saudi arabia) tend to be 60/40 voting against is because most of these plans are to solely the US's benefit and they try to take advantage of them by muscling in on their oil fields.

This is ludicrous! why are we giving money to countries in the BILLIONS when we are running in the red as far as defecits go?!?!??!?!?!

this is because it is mandatory for all the rich countries to give to the poor countries, if they just stopped one day then they would come under fierce criticism from their allied countries (UK,France,Germany) so that is never going to happen.

posted on Aug, 27 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The one thing that stuck out to me was that Israel only votes against the US 11% which is in stark contrast to all the other countries posted. Maybe something to do with Israels intimate relationship with the beltway? But if that is the case then who is pullin whos strings in this relationship. Because with only 11% against ratio there seems to be a united front (for the most part) in their decision making processes.

thank you for your time,
TONE23.

[edit on 8/27/2006 by TONE23]

new topics

top topics

join