It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone woried about CHEYENNE Mt closing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Why is everyone so worried about Cheyenne Mt closing??? I looked on the threads and while it initially seems disturbing, think about it for a minute.

1). NORAD (who runs the mission) is being moved, the mission will continue.

2). Probably there is a secondary or back up NORAD in a less known location already that's' more modern then the current facility that dates back to what, the early to mid 70's??

3). Probably there will still be a skeleton staff there 24/7 if needed, if anything to prep it quickly for full use if needed again.

4). While secure, there are probably other secure sites. Patterson is rumured to have some pretty deep underground stuff.

5). During the Cold War (and probably continuing) there was an entire REGIMENT of Soviet SS-18's targeted to it with somewhere on the order of 1000 MEGATON's totaled towards the total goal of turning CHEYENNE MT into CHEYENNE LAKE!

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well I ask you this, if they close down cheyenne where is T'ilk going to live...no wait thats just a tv show.

I'd be more interested in what the government's plans for the old complex are.

I find it hard to believe you just say okay that's obsolete shut down and board up that huge meshugana complex we built underneath the mountain...but then again it is the government.

You know there are a few missile silos for sale on the web, maybe this'll pop up on the web somewhere. What does a slightly used military command center protected by a mountain (and mall adjacent) go for anyway?

Theres probably a downside I'm not seeing like no cable or something.

Perhaps Trump will buy it and turn them into condos.

How hard is it to upgrade and add on to something like that I mean they are under a mountain, perhaps it's just cheaper to move it.

I'm sure somebody will come up with a great theory like it'll be a new secret prison for dissidents or some such.

SPiderj

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I aparently missed the information on Cheyan Mtn. closeing.
I cant really give an opinion untill I have seen the report on it.
Could some one give me the link to the material that talks about it closeing?

posted on Aug, 26 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue discussion on the above topic. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

join